Carrer De Constanti Ribalaigua 7, Lloret de Mar, Costa Brava, 17310, Spain

Booking.com Travelocity Tingo.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• markusch's Profile Photo

A sleep base to see the region

We were welcomed to the fact that, if willing to pay cash, they asked you to pay in advance. From their point of view that was an excellent idea. The dinner buffet on arrival gave me some anorexic reflexes and a strong will to ignore the half board for three of five days. The room (a gold category appartment) was clean and modern, very nice furniture, excellent bathroom, although the view was comparable to living near the Berlin wall in the pre-1990s.

I used the hotel as an inexpensive means to explore the Catalan coast, from Girona, take some walks along the seaside, and see Barcelona. For that purpose it was OK.

If service, a decent pack of fellow tourists and friendlyness with a humn touch is what you are after, talk to the room maid who will be happy to run into someone talking a few words of an iberic language. However - never ever touch relevant sums of money here if your year's vacation is what's at stake. Actually, judging from the kind of pubs and discotheques (luckily closed at this time of the year) and the anti-bottle-projectile caged staircases of some hotels, lloret in summer must be one of the closest places to hell you can find on this planet.

Even in off-season, you will find a remarkable blend of fellow travellers, not even knowing how to gracefully and genuinely dress bad (like myself).

Unique Quality: Very good and clean rooms, airport-terminal-like buffet restaurant with what must be one of the worst taped music programmes anywhere. Large outside pool area and excellent infrastructure in terms of shops around the hotel. Quick access to the bus terminal as a good base to explore the region. Very industrialised venue with little or no personal service, but reasonably priced.

Directions: Bus terminal is just a mere 700 m walk. Turn left. Pass Don Juan Hotel. Straight to main avenue, zebra crossing, walk straight on in the street about 20 metres left of the traffic light. When reaching the fenced in ground, you are at the bus terminal.

• chagi1's Profile Photo

A bargain in a tourist area!!!

We spent three nights at the 2nd (cheaper part) of this spa hotel.
    The room was clean, we didn't have a nice view, but there are plenty of rooms with a view if that is what you like.
    The walls seem a bit thin and you may find yourself awoken in the middle of the night by the partiers just returning to their rooms and continuing their fights.. their good time ect.
    Just a note, if travelling by car.. be prepared to pay 12 Euros a night for parking!

Unique Quality: The hotel offers all inclusive packages that appears to be the choice for many North European tourists.
    The grounds of the hotel are quite nice, plants, water falls.. it's a beautiful set up.
    The breakfast is icluded and it a buffet style.. same things were offered every day we were there.
    Outdoor and indoor pools for use till 2000.

Directions: The hotel was quite an adventure to find.. it is located behind other hotels.. a bit hidden. We stopped at the gas station at the round about as you enter the city and were guided from there!! Once found the first time.. not a problem!!!

More about Guitart Central Park Resort & Spa

Don't stay in Lloret, and DON'T stay at Guitart Central Park!

by TripAdvisor Member pixiestyx66

This hotel (theoretically three stars) was much more expensive than a youth hostel for similar accommodations. Our room was disgustingly outdated with horrible beds and linens and a nasty linoleum floor. Every noise in the hallway and adjoining rooms was audible. Also, I didn't feel too safe in the room with no deadbolt or peephole and a low-quality door. Our balcony had a lovely view of the gigantic trash heap, complete with rusty car, and the music of bottles and trash being tossed from the kitchens into the heap at 6 AM.

Our room included buffet-style breakfast and dinner, which was pretty universally horrible. Variety of food was ok, but quality was not high.

No internet, shabby upkeep, minimal service. Covered parking available (14 EUR/day with 20 EUR "deposit" which has yet to be refunded).

Lloret de Mar is lacking the quaint, scenic, picturesque. Think of a gaudy Florida spring break hotspot, except with fewer restaurants and, impossibly, MORE souvenir shops. The tourists were mainly very old or very young (16-20). There are quite a few discos. My overall opinion of the town was "sketchy". I know there are better places in Costa Brava to stay, like Tossa de Mar. We had rented a car and DID, however, enjoy a scenic drive along the rocky coast on a well-maintained road with pulloffs for enjoying the vistas.

Very nice room, actually

by TripAdvisor Member Gataloca

I stayed at Guitart Central Park II for a weekend event that took place at the hotel complex (Lloret La Mar is not the sort of place I would choose for a holiday, to be honest). I got a silver grade room on half board basis, and having read reviews of the place before I went, was pleasantly surprised. My room was obviously one of those recently refurbished -- stylishly fitted, clean, with a nice shower room (ample hot water). The bed was massive -- I got the room for single occupancy and had the king size bed all to myself. The reception staff did speak English and their service was professional.

Since I was there for an organised event and hardly had any dealings with other guests and didn't join in any of the entertainment programmes provided by the hotel, I have no complaint there. Yes the hotel is full of French pensioners, but they are harmless (there were some Brits on all inclusive, and we steered well clear of their drunken presence -- not surprised staff do the same!). The other comments about food are right though -- the buffet consists of some very strange food -- mainly of the canteen variety. I got fed up after two nights and went to a nearby restaurant for the last meal.

awful brits stayaway!!

by TripAdvisor Member lotsovluv

we stayed at this hotel for a week in august two adults and three children, after looking at other reviews we were more than a little worried and so we should have been! On arrival it took two hours to check in we were given a room in guitart one which was suprisingly nice plenty of room for our family of five, we were all inclusive and the food was fine if a little cold but there was a microwave available for those who prefer theirs hot!! Right those were the good points every thing else about the hotel was awful, there were two other british families in the whole of the hotel and we were all completely ignored for the duration of the hols,the queues at bars etc were slow especially for brits and all inclusive guests as paying guests and spanish always got served first. the maids were very rude and a complete nuiscance letting themselves into our room up to five times a morning to see if we were ready to have it cleaned even though we had put a do not disturb sign up.
I have never written a review before but had such a bad experience at this hotel that i felt i must write to advise any british people thinking of staying here to go elsewhere.
the hotel samba next door is a much better place to stay if you must holiday in lloret de mar

Flies, Cold Food & Boredum

by TripAdvisor Member shaun4me

When you look at this hotel you may think,as I did, a bargain !!! How wrong you would be. The internet site paints a very rosie picture believe me,stay away.....Where to start, well, on holiday at this time was myself, my better half, my son (11yrs) and our two daughters (4 & 2 yrs). we had booked all inclusive in a junior suit that had enough bed space to fit us all, but if you had all the beds out you could'nt move in the room, but not to worry as our two girls prefer sleeping together anyway.That night it rained,,,inside the room,,, water was running out of the air conditioning onto the floor my wife did'nt sleep very well that night. Next morning we went for breakfast which was bearly warm and disgusting, even the tea and coffee was not as hot as it should be, but there is a microwave available for you to use if you prefer your food and drink hot !!! The french pensioners, which there is hundreds of, did'nt seem to mind. The entertainment is a joke, on most evenings it was music for all the french pensioners to waltz to.To say you are treated differently either because you are english or all inclusive or both is a bit of an understatment, I never drank out of a glass the whole time ( 1 week ) I was there, I was given plastic or paper cups, funny the french pensioners allways drank from glasses !!
The service was terrible I swear if a barman smiled at you I think his face would crack.Last but definately not least was the flies,,, I don't mean one or two, I am talking swarms of them, you never feel comfortable or can relax because of the irritation of the flies landing on you, your food and drink, around the pools are the worst places,which, by the way are, are set in realy shaded areas and because of that are absolutely freezing any time of the day. All in All an absolutely terrible hotel, we were pleased to go home.This has to be the worst hotel we have ever had the misfotune of staying at.

If you are British dont pick this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member 2grumpyoaps

If you are looking for a cheap holiday please give this one a miss.
The first room we were given was so small the wardrobe doors would not open wide enough to put clothes in. The walls were rough cast, The whole room reminded me of Butlins in the 1960s. We had to pay a substantial sum to get a room that was acceptable.
The position of the hotel was good as were its facilities but the entertainment was very very poor.
Our main cause for complaint was the food. To call it COLD INEDIBLE CRAP is being kind. You could write your name in the dust on top of the food counters. One morning it took me 5 glasses before I found 1 clean enough to drink my coloured water (sorry juice) from. The lack of staff in the mornings meant that we often had to clear a table and find a clean paper cloth to put on it before we could sit down .
Not a place that we would ever consider going to again, no wonder British tour operators give it a miss.

Dreadfull

by TripAdvisor Member agn

Heed the poor reviews of this hotel they are very accurate. This hotel is the worst I have ever stayed in. I booked a long weekend, all inclusive for 6 of us age range 35-45. The rooms are very poor and the smell from the bathroom was undescribable. It is full of spanish pensioners and the staff are very unhelpful. The food was mediocre and cold. As far as the all inculsive drinks it was a joke. They were served in plastic cups and only one per person. They had to be returned to get another one. The spa was also closed which it did not state at the time of booking. This was a very poor hotel. Definitely give it a miss.

Give it a miss

by TripAdvisor Member annanloyalist

On arrival looks very impressive,then you are shown to the run down part of the hotel because you are british and the hotel is full of spanish and only caters for spanish meals in the restraunt and the entertainment is only spanish stuff. The bedrooms are awful, the food is disgusting and cold and the hot tap/shower is lukewarm. My advise is stay clear as british are not made welcome.

An enjoyable stay

by TripAdvisor Member EuropeanTraveler07

We just returned from a five day stay at the Central Park Hotel. Our party consisted of 4 adults and 10 children ages 4 to 15. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were the only Americans in the hotel. We found the staff courteous and helpful. We never felt like we were unwelcome. The staff actually seemed to enjoy "the americans". Even the kids were treated very well in every area of the hotel. While the food was not gourmet by any stretch, it was decent and never cold (except when it was supposed to be). Even the pickiest kids in our group found something to eat.
While the rooms were not elaborate or huge, they were clean. The showers were hot and there were plenty of towels. The kids had plenty to do between the swimming pool, the beach, the game room and the indoor pool. Barcelona is just a train ride away. It is off season for the hotel and the town for that matter and the services are greatly reduced. If you are looking for a low budget holiday and a chance to just relax and not be bothered by the crowds then I would say check it out. If you are looking for sumptious surroundings, gourmet food, and lots of action than pass this by!

guitart central park 2

by jodie_crawford2000

does anyone know anything about this hotel as i will b staying there next week!!any feedback would be great!!
many thanks!!

RE: guitart central park 2

by butchill

it is not the best in the world but neither is the worst and if you stopping there next week you will have no problems it is the summer that it gets full with yobs who spoil it

Comments