H Top Gran Casino Royal

C/ Esports s/n, Carretera Hostalric-Tossa, km 23, Lloret de Mar, Costa Brava, 17310, Spain

H TOP Gran Casino Royal
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 23% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Boomscat's Profile Photo

Away from all the noise

It's a regular three star hotel. A little bit far from the beach but close to bus station and away from all the noise of the clubs. The food is decent, although the drinks/juices at breakfast are some kind of chemical solutions. Try to not get caught taking fruit with you from the dining room. When I stayed there in 2002, they didn't have neither blow dryers nor irons in the room.

Unique Quality: The elevators are hilariously small and slow.

More about H Top Gran Casino Royal

Not a place for children or buggies

upon arrival at around three in the morning. I was carrying my sleeping three year old, I thought the struggle to get his pushchair and our suitcases from the bus was hard enough, I was then faced with a flight of stairs to get to the reception! after my struggle I was at the end of the queue to 'check in' and it was hard to see for the smoke. everyone was smoking it was horrible! i was then allocated a room on floor 5 (very practical with a toddler) although from what i have read i should be grateful as it wasnt noisy during the night! the lifts were terrible and more often than not you ended up where you began. The food was awful and the fact that i was sat next to complete strangers made the whole experince much worse. you know what children are like at mealtimes when they are faced with eating next to strangers it is much worse!

all in all the otel was not good, i know it was cheap but i dont think it is too much to ask to have a clean room, easy access to your hotel and a table to yourself and your family at mealtimes. the food was not great, often it was cold, with very limited choices for kids.

My advise,...don't go!

After booking through the Teletext I thought I would check the hotel through the internet, the only bad review I had found was one that said the food wasnt that great and you had to queue for the toaster, not too bad I thought, I couldnt wait to go and spend a week, AI, with my fella for our anniversary, in a nice hotel! I wish I'd have searched for more reviews, because I wish I wouldve cancelled it! The food was very poor, my boyfriend became ill for the first two nights, and it didnt get better, so we ended up going out for food most days...or live on french fries at the hotel, as these were the only edible food (and this is what kids lived on as there wasnt any childrens dishes) The noise was disgracful, so much so that a couple three doors from us banged on our door thinking it was us that were making the noise when in fact it was the next room to us! The lifts decided what floor you went on, not you!God only knows how people with pushchairs got around! The first night was got there it took us a good 10mins or so to eventually get onto the fifth floor! There are no disabled facilities, no ramps and stairs everywhere, so people with pushchairs beware of this! Lloret is a loverly place to go and I do recommend it, but not this hotel, there was just so many things wrong with it, and dont even think of trying to talk to your hol rep, she never turns up and it took me half an hour to locate her via her office(who werent very helpful)before she finallly came 6 hours later than stated. There were lots more wrong with the place, but as this was from other people, I cant really comment as I didnt witness any of what they told me. My advise, if your going on a stag/hen do and are going self catering, and just want somewhere to hang your head then I give it top ratings, if you want a nice relaxing holiday with good food and rest,...don't go! Please contact me if you want to discuss any of this further.

Superb but not for the familys

The holiday was the best ive ever been, the hotel is good and the food is ok.all the people are very friendly and everyone gets on realy well. but the noise during the night around 0100 and 0500 is a discrace but because i was out clubbing i never herd it but speakin to th people there they told me, a really good holiday for the clubbing and the people are really friendly but i would not recomend it for older people or familys with young children because of lack of sleep, but iam going back in August!!! if u want to ask me anything about it email me and i will be happy to help because i know the place now like the back of my hand!

Not a place I would recommend

by TripAdvisor Member avon67

This is NOT a place that I would recommend if you are planning a family holiday. The food was terrible. The hotel was very noisy. When we booked we were told that we would have a bedroom and then a separate lounge area with sleeper couches for our children. When we got to the hotel, we were checked in to one room which they had squeezed in four beds. When we ask to be moved to the room which had a separate lounge/sleeping area, we were told that all the rooms in the hotel were the same!!!
I would guess at the majority of the residents in the hotel were there for a girls/boys weekend away; hen-nights and stag do's.
All in all we found the hotel to be very disappointing although the staff were very friendly.
Perhaps this is the type of place you would want to go if you are planning a hens-night where all your are looking for is a place to put your head down and you don't mind what the food looks and tastes like!
As a place for a family: - unless you don't mind been jammed into one small room, being woken up by residents returning from late night/early morning partying and been subjected to the most awful food possible - I would not advise this hotel!

great holiday for young people

well i read reviews before i went to the hotel, and from what i read i was dreading going.
i got there and realised that it was quite a nice hotel, ok the food wasnt jamie oliver style, but it was decent.. i think the reason people were complaining was because they dont like trying anything new.
the entertainment wasnt that good at all, it was peter kay phonix nights style, so we sat out side and drank.
the rooms were decent, the only bad thing was that the cleaner would just walk in without notice some mornings.
all in all, if your going with mates then you'll have a great time, if your going for a quite break, reconsider your hotel, you wont enjoy the noise from the local area and people coming back in at 4 in the morning.
if you require anymore information the feel free to email me

wat a joke!

by TripAdvisor Member MooneyBrighton

hi i was like you lookin at these reviews and thinkin oh my want have i let me self in for to start off the hotel was fine bit of a small pool for so many ppl but still looked ok, the room was clean every day till 3 days before leavin no one came in to clean it so no towels. the final straw was last night as u could probably tell im still here one good thing has internet access , last night we got told we had to be out of our rooms at 10am even though we paid for 7 nights but was they did is charged us from the thursday the 7trh even though we didnt get here till the 8th at 6am takes the ---- and now we have been kicked out of ours rooms even though no one will be in there till 12am tonight and we dont leave till 2am tomoz, so we have 15 hours to kill no room no where to have a shower, apart from that we had a good time in the town good food wicked chinesse best ive ever had got a 3 course meal for 8 euros not bad,,, and trust the food is ruff im with a couple of mates 8 of us together and we have all been ill from the food, as it was our last night last night we decided to have a quiet night play cards so we did in one of our rooms only to be hassled not stop by sercity becoz some old farts complaint we was playin cards takes the ----.
oh yer some ppl got their stuff nicked so make sure u get the spare keys as u arrive becoz any one can get them , repection dont ask for id at toll bit worrin really, take it easy
at the end of the day a holiday is wat you make it so its dont to you but just becareful,

laterz jess :)

Do not stay in this hotel

I f you do not need any sleep then stay in this hotel.To find used condoms on the stair well and smashed glass in the pool and the shouting ,banging,chanting and slamming of doors through the night is not what i call a good holiday.The lifts were pointless the room is so basic and in need of a refit.The entertainment was rubbish and no where near enough sunbeds or room to sit in the hotel grounds.This is an 18 to 30 hota and not a family or any one in need a a rest.Please consider everything that has been said about this hotal as it is all true.

never go again !!!

right .. where do i start, when we arrived on friday morning at 10.30am we was told we couldnt get in out room till 12pm ! i wasnt happy. then we get in out VERY SMALL room, ok it was clean but 2 small. the staff there are in need of retail training !!!! they were very rude to us and made us feel unwanted... we then went swimming and found a lot of broken glass in the pool. also was told a little girl no older that 7 had been taken to A + E as she cut her food quite bad. we was walking down the stairs to find a USED condom on the hand rail !!!! DREDFUL ! we told a rep she said you have t ogo down stairs and tell someone else !!!!! i meen come on she works there.. she should deal with it..
the entertainment was rubbish, one rep only 16 looking after all the children and after watching her with them I WOULDNT LEAVE MY KIDS WITH HER !
the food was good, and a very clean place.. shame i almost missed brekfast everyday after never sleeping through the night, loads of shouting and bangging at 4am till 6am ... prank calls to our room very late at night ...
i hope i have helped you.. please think twice about this place !!!!

Comments