H Top Royal Beach

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• nyperose's Profile Photo

A budget hotel on the Costa Brava

A pretty convenient budget hotel if you want to spend time on the beach or explore the fabulous nature on the cliffs around Lloret. It is located close to the beach, but a bit further from the commercial centre of Lloret.

The room itself was pretty dark, but with a small balcony. The bathroom was big with a nice bathtub.
    We had half board with a buffet.
    There was not much variation and as most of the guests were either French or English, there was a funny mixture of both cuisines...for example French baguette and English jelly.

More about H Top Royal Beach

Royal Beach

Stayed at the hotel recently, worried after reading the reviews, however not that bad. Rooms were small you cant really fit more than 3 beds in the rooms, we booked 2 rooms, due to last minute not much discount for children so paid for adult prices and got 2 rooms.

Food - This was not too bad we are in spain, lots of choice and the childrens section was good for the young ones. Food was hot, many reports say it was cold, it was a bit hectic on some days, but ok. You could always find something to eat.

Bars - Queues always at the main bar, when entertainment on go the the adults bar and you find no queues - I find this at most all inclusive hotels that there are queues.

Pools - Lots of sunbeds noone up early to reserve, good size pools very clean, I am usually up early and every day the pool side was being cleaned. Very noisy during the day though.

Cleaners - Rooms very clean, cleaners always about.

Entertainers - Not too bad, the children enjoyed. Was a bit smokey but you could always sit outside.

Rooms - It was quite noisy at night from outside the hotel, but due to air conditioning you could shut doors so shutting out some of noise. Some guests experienced noise in corridors however we did not.

Best Kept Secret - Roof top bar and small pool - no queues, pleasant barman who chatted to you, knew your drinks and were brilliant with the children. Again I must stress no queues being up here felt like you were on holidays. It did not open till 10 o clock so prior to this no one could reserve beds. It was also very peaceful, some children were up here but the main stayed downstairs near the larger pools. The pool upstairs is perfect for children under 7 years.

Hotel is close to the beach, however sea goes deep really quick and not really safe for children to go in on there own without parents close by.

Not exactly in Llorret as advertised!

we are just back from royal beach and my opinion was that the food was good the first night i didnt like it but the rest of the days it was ok .there was allways chips and salads for the moaners that didnt dare to try diverent stuff.you can eat true the whole day if you wanted wich was great if you wanted a ly in. the all-inclusive drink was good they supplied almost every drink beer,wine,softdrinks,bacardi,wodka etc.. sometimes it could take a wee while to get youre drink because there was just 1 serving behind the bar.the staff was helpfull at one occasionel narky one.what i didnt liked was that we had 2 seperate beds wich me and my husband put together,and every time the cleaners pushed them apart .the beach is great just one minute walk from hotel and isnt as busy as lloret de mars beach.we where quite a bit away from the town centre +20 minutes walk or you could take a bus but then you had to wait for it to come and took 30min because it stoped everywhere.so unfortunally we only stayed one night out of the10 in the town .so we had to do it whit the hotels entertainers wich was ok allthough it was deffinatly more a fammilyhotel

definately not a 4 star hotel

Got back recently from a 7 night stay which included 2 adults a 9 yr old and a baby. This hotel is definately not a 4 star hotel. There were a lot of rough looking people who wouldn't control their kids. The general appearance of the hotel is fine for a 3 star hotel. The restaurant, public rooms and bedrooms were always immaculately clean with great maid service every day including lots of fresh clean towels. Unfortunately the reception staff and waiters seem to think that we are something they just wiped off their shoe and treated us accordingly. Even the rep got a mouthful of swear words when she tried to sort something out at reception. The food was bland and plain and to be honest just as I expected. We ate out 3 out of the 7 nights but I suppose this was just personal preference. The pool area was always clean but got very crowded as both the pool and surrounding area are far too small for a hotel of this size. The surrounding area of fenals is very nice with easy access into the main centre of Lloret. I would definately go back to Lloret but I would never again stay in the Royal Beach.

4 Star! HA more like 1 star!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Fee82

My wife and i are both in our 50s and we visited this hotel in May 2005 looking for a relaxing time in the sun in a 4 star hotel.

Ok here are my complaints about this "4 star hotel"

1. STAFF!
I have never been to a hotel where the staff have been so rude, ignorant, unfriendly and unhelpful and i am not exagerating!

2. Interior
This hotel drastically needs upgrading, the chairs in the lounge area were uncomfortable, shabby, dirty looking, not attractive and inviting to any guest. Surely for a "4 star hotel" the interior would be to that standard!

Under no circumstances is this hotel a 4 star hotel, you would be lucky if it made 2 stars, when you are in a 4 star hotel you expect to be treated like a 4 star guest, however the royal beach hotel does not understand this concept by any means.

4. Noise
The hotel in general is a very noisy hotel, not necessarily loud music just day to day things inside and out that you wouldnt expect to cause you a problem. When you are looking for a quiet relaxing holiday these things matter!

some ok points, the rooms were basic but clean, the cleaning staff excellent i couldnt fault them, shame this is the only good thing about this place. Food is fine, if you like pork, we managed fine but could put a lot of people off.

We have been on numerous holidays and have never felt the need to really complain about a place like i have done hear, but i was so let down by it all i felt i had no choice. We are not fussy people by any means but we shall not be returning to this hotel or this resort!

pity about underagedrinkers

ideal place for family holiday. not suitable for couples. food was nottoobad something to suit everyone. entertainment was good. reception staff very friendly and helpful. bar staff had very long faces for the 10 nights. room was clean and bedding was changed regular and clean towels everyday.

Not recommended

Just back from a 2 week AI, Pity I hadn't booked for only the week.
Food was mostly the same,if you like chips and meat on the bone you'll eat like a king.Reception staff and maids were ok, bar staff never smiled but I suppose they were efficent.The rooms are again ok (clean & tidy). My biggest hate was that this is a family hotel that has no non smoking area anywhere in the hotel,this includes the resturant,swimming pool,kids games area and evening kids mini disco area.

I will never stay there again even if I was given the holiday for free.

Hotel OK, but not 4 star

by TripAdvisor Member cindymurphy

My mum and I stayed here between 20 June and 25 June 2005.

Our first impressions of the hotel were not very good. There was a lot of "rough" families and couples in the hotel and the reception staff were not very helpful. When we were given our room keys 2 hrs later we found that the room was not yet finished by the maid who shouted at us to go downstairs and have a coffee and come back when she was ready!!! We had already spent 2 hrs waiting for our room and so didnt want to go down stairs and wait some more, so said we would wait outside for her to finish the room to which she shouted and banged the furniture, smashed some glasses and stormed off!! Nice welcome!

After a few days some of the less civilised guests left and some new families arrived who were not so loud and larger loutish which made it more bearable.

The food was good - it wasn't a la carte, but there was always a good selection of salads and fruit and the food was always cooked well. I am a vegetarian and thought I would find it difficult, but it was fine.

The drinks are awful. I am not a big drinker, but I tried almost every drink they offered trying to find something that didn't taste like lighter fluid but found none. Decided it was safer to stick to lemonade!

The entertainment is directed at kids, but is ok to watch for a time after dinner.

The pool is ugly, but clean. It is very over crowed and has hundreds of screaming kids, so isn't a place to relax. Found it much better to go to Fenals beach (only 1 minute walk from hotel) which is lovely and quiet. It is very pretty and quite secluded.

All in all, I would not rate this as a 4 star hotel and cannot see how someone could. It is at a strech a 3 star, but saying that, it is clean and the food is fine. We only paid £220 for 5 days all inclusive and so can't complain too much. I guess you get what you pay for.

Thanks
Cindy

complete bolox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD, to start with our bath room stank to high heaven! the food was not at all brilliant and most of the staff were stroppy affencive and extremly violent. the entertainment was rubbish the only good thing was the drinks were worth the money!!! i wouldnt recommend this hotel to any one aspecialy people with children!

Blackpool Abroad

by larababy

"Only thing missing was the donkeys!"

My family and me decided that we would spend Christmas abroad as the children are late teens and it was not really fun anymore.

What a mistake!

We booked a week (5days accom) at the Royal Beach Hotel, Lloret de Mar.

Talk about spanish Blackpool. There were drunk old ladies showing their bloomers, bingo and dreadful food.

The worst part was the journey. We booked a coach trip. Never again. I've never before in my life had swollen ankles - not even when pregnant. I got off the coach and my legs looked like 2 german airships.

The room was clean but very stark., and the small balcony overlooked a building site.

The food was the worst we've had anywhere. It was as though they'd catered for northerners. Chips with everything!

Even though the food was included in the price we ended up walking a short way to a spanish restaurant to eat something local

Hotel Royal Beach ***Hotel Royal Beach ***

Wanna know more about Lloret del Mar...

by le88nas

Hi ! I Wanna go with some friend in august in LLoret del Mar at Royal Beach Hotel..I didn't find many information about LLoret del Mar, and I would like to ask you, or anyone who's been there to tell me a little about how it is there...Is it worth it to stay 7 nights there?Thank you

by pfsmalo

Just "google" lloret de mar. There are 317,000 pages of info there.

by Belsaita

<<>>

depends on what is "worth it" to you. For me, a few hours will be more than enough, or just using it as base to explore nicer places on the area (even Lloret is trying to clean up its reputation). But zillions of tourists go there and repeat year after year, so i assume it's "worth it" for many

by SAP55

Hi, Can I ask how old you and your friends are? Only reason for this is the Hotel Royal Beach is a really nice hotel, but if you are young there is not much around the hotel its self, the town is quite a trek, me and my husband (30 yrs olds) went 2 years ago and stayed in that hotel the beech next door is fab, the walk to the main bars is not too bad going beacuse all the shops are open but on the way back they are closed and the street are deserted. which we found a little errie and there is a steep hill in which getting up there in high heels is a killer and even worse walking back.
There are fantastic bars in the square like the Queen Vic, me and my hubby are going in july this year, but we are staying at the Hotel Olymic park, again this is out of town but a lot closer than the royal beech I would recommend you have a look at this hotel as it has 6 pools and lots around it. There are a lot more hotels closer to the town my recomendation would be look closer, what ever you decide hope you have a Great hol!! We will!!

Comments