Joan Llaverias 38, Lloret de Mar, Costa Brava, 17310, Spain

Castle of LloretCastle of Lloret

Grand PalaceGrand Palace

Airport Transfers from Barcelona El Prat to Lloret de Mar

Hello VTers!

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get from Barcelona El Prat Airport to Lloret de Mar. Are there direct buses cause I read that there are no direct trains! Do you have any suggestion? Or maybe a website to provide me?

Thanks in advance

Marco

RE: Airport Transfers from Barcelona El Prat to Lloret de Mar

by Belsaita

No, there are no direct trains. Anyway, the train staion at El Prat is still closed for major works... I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think there are direct buses. El Prat airport is located south of Barcelona, and Lloret in the North... so Barcelona is in the middle of your route. You probably already have your flights set, but for Lloret and all the Costa Brava area, Girona airport is more convenient.

Anyway, unless there are a bus company that does El Prat - Lloret or any other place in the area, I think your best option is taking the Aerobus to Barcelona and from there the Sarfa bus to Lloret. The problem is the Sarfa's buses depart from Estacio del Nord (as far I know), so you might take the metro (L1, red) from Pl Catalunya to Estacio del Nord.

Have a look here, maybe there are other possibilities: http://www.lloretguide.com/transportation.asp

Good luck!

by Propermark

I see.. and what about taxis?? Are taxis expensive there?

by Belsaita

A taxi from El Prat to Barcelona city centre will cost you around 35 euros... (or more, depending on the hours and how much luggage you have). I don't know how much from El Prat to Lloret, but maybe it will cost you more than your flight (it's about 100 km away)

An option will be you take a taxi from El Prat to Estacio del Nord, and from there the bus.

by Propermark

Ok! I guess that the best option for me is to follow your suggestion and go to Barcelona first and then to Lloret de Mar. Thanks for the info:)))

Travel Tips for Lloret de Mar

Wonderful Holidays

by jackpot17

"HOTEL MERCE GREAT HOTEL"

As the Virtual Tourist Classification to download the location of Pineda de Mar I had to wrote our repport in the Lloret de Mar site !

We stayed in the Hotel Merce in Pineda de Mar, just few 15 min to Lloret. It is the third time we visit this hotel and this location and this is the reason I thought to write this repport.

We reccommend the Hotel Merce as we know quite good the area (Lloret, Calella, Santa Susanna, etc.) and we think is the best place we have met as a good value choice.

Once we arrived, after the usual late transfer in Girona Airport, we could get a meal on the buffet and we had a pair of drinks in the Bar. As we were tired we decided to go early to sleep.

First day after a good breakfast we went to the Pineda's beach which is big and quiet to chill out ourselves. We suggest you to have a meal on "Els Pescadors" watching the mediterranean colours. Early afternoon we came back to the hotel to have a swim on the pool on the roof and have a beer with Antonio upstairs. Just to tell you that the Merce has a pool space on the roof which is like a paradise for the ones who want to relax and just relax :) At night, after dinner we went to have an ice cream on Las Melias square in La Jijonenca, where they make artisan ice creams.

"NICES BEACHES"

Next day we decide to book a boat trip and reach Tossa de Mar. From Pineda you reach Tossa in 1 hour 30 min. and you can spend the day in the beach and shops of this nice old town. Being completely crushed from this day trip we did not go out that night and just enjoyed the flamenco show on the bar. This show is of course for tourists but terrific.

Other years we have gone to Cala Sant Francesc in Blanes and Cala Santa Cristina which are both really nice and in case you can visit them they are really worthy to spend a day and have a paella on their typical restaurants (chiringuitos in spanish).

As the day before we made the trip next day we wanted to stay in the area and we decide to take a little train-trolley to Calella markt and buy some fruits and presents for our children. The afternoon we spent it on the pool again just before the sunset.

Next days we mixed relaxing days on the Costa de Barcelona beaches as Sant Pol or Pineda and also we enjoyed Barcelona and Montserrat.

I will not write about Barcelona as many people could write much better about it but Montserrat it is a place which deserves to go there. We are not very religous but it is a special place.

As a place to go on holidays in Costa Brava, after many years visiting the area I would definately reccomend you Pineda de Mar and the Hotel Merce. Lloret and other towns are nice but too busy for us and all the towns are good connected so you can reach them and their nice lovely beaches by train, car or bus.

Comments