Passeig Maritim, s/n, Malgrat de Mar, 08380, Spain

More about Amaraigua Hotel

travelling to barcelona

by BROCKY99

Hi

Malgrat de Mar is a great resort. We stayed at the Amaraigua Hotel last may and are going back again this May. I have 2 children aged 10 and 6 and they cant wait to go back to Barcelona. We went last year and had a great time and the kids didnt moan once about getting to and from. The train journey takes about an hour and it was about ten euros for all four of us to travel. Barcelona is a beautiful City. Dont go to Barcelona Train station, get off at Plaça de Catalunya that is the centre of Barcelona and you can get on the Tour Bus (Although I thought this was quite expensive.) But the metro and buses all stop here or you can take a walk up La Rambla to the Sea front. A tip don't exchange your money here the exchange rates were ridiculous. Hope you have a good time. I am really excited and cant wait to go back. We didnt stay at the Monteplaya last year but passed several times and it looks OK.

Lisa

Hotel amaraigua????

by rach1976

Hi, I'm going to be staying at the Amaraigua hotel at the end of this month for 2 weeks. Does anyone know what the hotel & the location of the hotel is like please. I've read alot of mixed reviews about the place, some good & some really bad & although I like to judge these kind of things for myself, I also like to hear other peoples opinions.
It would also be great if I could get some advice on things to do in the area please. I'm going to be with my children aged from 5-12 years, my Mum, my Brother, his friend & my sister with her 3 children.
Many thanks

by catnl

this o hotel is on Passeig Maritim you can walk straight to the sea and beach. there is a tourist office on the beginning of this boulevard and they have lots of info about jeepsafari, there are trampolines, skelters and you can take a bustour with a special bus through Malgrath and santa Suzanna and ofcourse Travelworld
i dont know what the food is like cause i stayed at Sorra Daurado on the same boulevard

have a great time

by rach1976

Thank you for your reply. It's not long until we go now & I'm really looking forward to it!

by catnl

you'll the area:-) its a very nice place have fun!
i will read youre pages how it has been
greets carin

First Time....

by alewismclean

Hi there, its my first time to Malgrat (first time to spain!) and was originally going to Tossa Beach, but as the location was full I was offered Malgrat, and im just wondering what the nightlifes like there?

by ghosthunter

Malgrat is very family orientated. Plenty of Restaurants , shops & bars so nightlife is fine if you are going as a family but if you are going ' on the pull ' so to speak you would be better off getting yourself up to Lloret de mar.
There is a regular & cheap train service into Barcelona which is a must for anyone holidaying on the Costa Brava.

Enjoy yourself,
Darren.

by alewismclean

One more thing...Is it easy to get to Lloret from Malgrat at night and back of course?

by ghosthunter

I understand what the last person is saying. Lloret is full of drunken English people & there are more peaceful places on the Costa Brava to go to - However if you are going for booze fuelled fun Lloret is the place to be . You can get the train from Barcelona which i believe terminates at Blanes. From there you get a bus ( which always meets the train ) into Lloret. Late at night a taxi would be your only option to get back to Malgrat.

by alewismclean

Thanks for the tips guys. I think I might just enjoy Malgrat in itself. Not looking for a booze filled holiday, but on the other hand im not going to want to be stranded for some laughs at night! The beach looks beautiful and im staying at the Amaraigua Hotel, which is right on the beach! Cant wait...roll on September!

by slimjay

i went to malgrat in july august totally enjoyed myself try the clubs in calella they are good so i heard not being a club person myself
but i go to calella every year for the past 15 and it is the best place to go for all your want

help never been abroad before

by perksy1

could anyone help me im going abroad for the first time on october the 22nd to malgrat and i wondered if someone could tell me what the weather will be like?and what malgrat's like im looking forward to it but alittle bit nervous is it a good family resort as im going with my two children? thanx for your help

by BALIK

Most of the "beaches" along the Maresme stretch tend to be narrow strips of uninspiring sand sandwiched between the railway line and the sea. What's more there is a fair amount of coastal erosion along this coastline - in some places the sea has swallowed the sand and has reached the sea defences protecting the railway. Judging from both a map and an aerial photo of Malgrat, the line runs very close to the beach. Note the industrial estate to the right of the town (unfortunately, just where the beach seems to widen out as the line strikes inland). Note the estate doesn't seem to show up on the photo, which was taken in 1993.

Malgrat is likely to be much more suitable for a family than, say Lloret (lager lout heaven). Even so, don't expect a Mediterranean idyll.

I'll send you the map and photo references in a moment.

by BALIK

Here's the web site for the aerial photo of Malgrat -

Perhaps the industrial estate was there in 1993 - I can see a complex to the right of the town but it is difficult to make out what it was used for.

by BALIK

And here is the web site for the town plan of Malgrat:

The chances are the very heavy Mediterranean Autumn rains will have passed by the end of October. However we are now at the end of September and the warm weather still shows no real sign of breaking. Keep a close eye on the weather in Catalonia for the next three weeks for signs of cooler, stabler weather.

MALGRATitude from me, too

by CGTozer

We're also head to MALGRAT - arriving by Shearings coach two days later for a full board 6 nights stay and 4 excursions for a mere £199 so your desciption of the beach area was expected, thanks for all those links.

best wishes CGTozer

thanks balik really helpful

by BALIK

I noticed that the following hotel was blacklisted by the Dutch Health Authority in connection with legionella outbreaks:

Hotel Tropic Parc, Malgrat de Mar (1997).

Maybe the hotel has solved the problem but it is better to be safe than sorry. With any luck, you'll be staying somewhere else.

The full story is featured at the web address below:

by perksy1

stopping at the amaraigua hotel does anyone know about this hotel?

Comments