Top Planamar

Satisfaction Poor

More about Top Planamar

Don't blame the hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Superfliers

This hotel represents exceptional value for money. The food is tasty, there is plenty of it, the drinks are really generous, it is a perfectly good, clean bargain hotel!
The only real problem were a handful of boorish guests- Brits of course.
Take it as you find it and you will have a great time. If you want a wonderful, peaceful, carefree holiday - pay a lot more, somewhere else!
It's a great location and there is a direct train service to Barcelona - and, yes, the train is noisy getting to Barcelona, sorry!

Bad choice, never again

by TripAdvisor Member geordiegals

We arrived at the hotel full of anticipation as we had read the reviews. On arrival it was obvious that being an All Inclusive package that most people there were taking full advantage of the free drinks!!!.....Lots of groups of lads worse for wear lying around the pool and hanging around the bar area. We decided to join them and sit round the pool, however it was soon clear that we were not going to sit there long. It soon turned into a hostile situation among themselves but it was very intimidating for other guests.......The food was readily available all day long and i think some of it was there until it was eaten!!!!!.....The hotel rooms were very clean as was most of the hotel apart from when some of the guests brought back all the drink they had drunk throughout the day in the corridor!!....They also insisted in making as much noise as they possibly could after midnight....running up and down the corridors and banging on everyones doors repeatedly....the police were in regular attendance but i think it was just to quieten the situation down rather than make arrests.....I wouldnt recommend this hotel for anyone with children or anyone wanting a quiet relaxing holiday, ..The area it is in is nice and quiet, it has a shingle beach just over the road from the hotel and plenty of restaurants and pubs.......im not one to complain much i wasnt expecting the ritz, and maybe we did just hit on unlucky and the hotel without the noise would be fine...........single groups would love this hotel...................couples/families/elderly...........maybe not!

dont expect more than you've paid for

by TripAdvisor Member needtodettox

I returned home 24/07/07 from this hotel and i was a little scared about going after reading previous reviews.

Firstly I have to say that I was fed up of people moaning about the quality of the food compared to other H.Top Hotels that you are allowed to visit. I heard one lady complaining, but she was comparing it to a 4 star!!! Remember you've paid for a 3 star, if you wanted 4 star food then go to a 4 star hotel!!!!

I am not a fussy eater and at times I found it a little hard to get excited about the food but there was always something there for me to eat and I never found the food cold. I would say if youre going with children that there wasnt much for them to choose from or if youre a vegitarian it is also limited. There are some nice english bars near the hotel that do some nice food. The crown and anchor to the left of the hotel do a nice sunday lunch. I have to warn you that you have to book 24 hours in advance, as we got there on the Sunday and it fwas fully booked but then luckily for us 2 people didnt turn up.

The bar staff are wonderful guys, they are all from different countries but can speak english and they do have a laugh with you. Like another review said the abuse they sometimes have to put up with from drunken louts would make you grumpy. They work very hard be nice to them and they will be nice back. Ahmed looks a bit grumpy but he is a pussycat really, Frank the Dutchman is always smiling!!!!

The people who are on reception are very helpful and we never had any trouble with the language barrier. At night the hotel can be quite noisey if you go to bed early as the walls are very thin and people coming and going to their rooms. I would imagine if you have a room looking the pool these could be quite noisey as the bar doesnt shut til midnight and people can still be out sitting at the chairs til gone 2am. If you all inclusive always try and get your last drinks before 12pm as if it is 1 minute past they will charge you but they do tell you this first incase you dont want have the drink.

The beach is right over the road and is very nice and clean but the sea is a little strong and there is a bit of a drop as soon as you get in there so watch the children. There are beach beds to hire but the sand is comfortable enough to lie on on just your towel.

I have to say the best bit of my week was all the lovely people my sister and i met, especially the 3 ladies from Blackpool Bernie, Noreen and Alison (youre all mad)and also Chelsea from Rochdale, hope to see you all in Blacpool soon for a girls night out.

Go with an open mind, hope you meet as many nice people as we did. Have a nice holiday

Don`t listen to the moaners. Had Brill holiday!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member ann71Swansea

Just returned from 10 nights at the Planamar. After reading some of the reviews before going we were all really apprehensive and nervous. We had thought about cancelling!!! We were a party of 17 aged between 6 and 46. We really enjoyed and would definately go back again. The staff on reception are really friendly especially Linda who will do her best to help you. The hotel was spotlessly clean. The bar staff are friendly and are up for a laugh. It was the 3rd time for my family to stay in this area and the food in the Planamar is the best we have had. Spanish food is spanish food. You either like it or you don`t!!We ate out twice, once at the rovers return and once in the robin hood pub. Lovely food in the both but myself personally preferred the robin hood pub. We went to Barcelona, seen the fountains, went to Neu Camp. Well worth the excursion!!We also went on the Medieval night. That was good to. Well worth doing it!! The beach is across the road via a subway. Remember what suits you might not suit someone else or vice versa. You need to go with an open mind and see for yourself. You get what you pay for.

you get what you pay for

by TripAdvisor Member smiffy12003

I booked this holiday as a short break for me and my partner as birthday treat for her.Upon arrival i was slightly disappointed as the transfer took about an hour and 20 mins not the half hour as informed,but first impressions of the hotel seemed ok, the check in went smoothly but on entering the room was disappointed again to find it had 2 single beds not a double as i would have expected but we pushed them together and made do (well its not like you spend a lot of time in there is it) , granted we overlooked a building site and appart from the eyesore there was no disruption and noise was minimal as they were only painting the outside. We ate in the hotel a couple of occasions but to be honest the food wasn't anything to write home about and very repetative ( my partner found what looked like a 2 inch twig in the pudding she had ). Most of the bar staff were friendly enough and had a good range of drinks to choose from, We spent a couple of days on the beach which we both enjoyed but be warned the sand is very course and hurts your feet after a while but was clean, there are plenty of gift shops on the main stretch and you could easily lose a couple of hours just walking as is seems to go on for miles. All in all we had a good holiday because at the end of the day it is what you make it and we met some really nice funny people from the kent area and Wales and they were always friendly and welcoming.

Comments