Puigcerdà Hotels

Our Members Say

• mikey_e profile photo mikey_e
  • Reviews: 1956

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pensió Cerdanya: Cheap and clean accomodation

I didn't exactly plan on staying at the Cerdanya when I made my way up to Puigcerdà. In fact, I don't think that I even had it in my list of places to stay, which was culled from the tourism site maintained by the Municipal government of Puigcerdà. Nevertheless, after roaming around the streets with my luggage and finding that the places I had noted down were either closed, under renovation or faceless hotels that would undoubtedly cost way more than they were worth, I saw the sign for the Cerdanya and decided to try my luck. The place is run by a friendly middle-aged Catalan man who speaks Castillan, Catalan and French, and the rooms are cozy and clean, with decent hot water and washroom facilities. Given what has been crammed into them, accomodations are a bit cramped (the room could have done with one bed, an armoir, a chair and a night table, but instead had two beds plus the rest). Nevertheless, at 20 euro a night, this is a bargain and a great getaway from the sort of places you stay in in Barcelona.

This pension is in the "old" part of the city, right near all the bakeries and restaurants. This might not seem like a big deal, but it is never pleasant to have to hike into town for twenty minutes in the dark just to be able to eat a meal. What's more, the rooms and the surrounding area are nice and quiet, which allows you to get a good night's sleep before or after you go hiking in the area.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Hiking and Walking
  • Written September 18, 2008
Tip Photo

Beds

• skleeblatt profile photo skleeblatt
  • Reviews: 7

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Camping Stel: Camping Stel... a very good place to stay

I stayed 2 days on the camping, and it was great... Good service, and actually low prices for backpackers.... They have a tempered pool, bar-restaurant, supermarket, and hot water showers... I just donýt recommend the restaurant, didn't like the food nor the service...

• Opinion of Price: least expensive