Apartamentos La Caleta

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Salou

Artillery fortificationArtillery fortification

Me and my spanish friend CarlosMe and my spanish friend Carlos

Currency exchange

by malkit41

Is it better to exchange British Pounds for Euros whilst in Spain or is the rate the same as UK.

by St_Vincent

During most of my overseas trips I have found a better exchange rate using debit cards in ATM’s rather than buying currency here. The best debit card deal seems to be the Nationwide Flex Account if you have time to arrange one, it gives a much better deal on exchange rates and charges than cards issued by the other banks. I have an account that I just use when I am travelling.

Have a good trip

Cheers
Clive

by blint

Is it true that the post office exchange money without charging in Britain? If that is true better to change it there as here banks charge for the service. My mum always changes her money in Britain in the post office before coming.

by St_Vincent

Yes, you are right the Post Office does sell currency free of commission, although you generally find that most places that do this have the worst rates. The Post Office is offering to sell Euro at 1.2215 today which is not a bad rate. However where they make their money is on the spread between buy and sell rates, for instance their rate for buying Euro is 1.38 (0.725). If I want to exchange cash I usually use a high street bureaux in London where the spread is much smaller. Today they are selling at 1.245 and buying at 1.29 (0.775) with zero commission.

by DSwede

Salou does not have the best infrastructure to exchange money. Those that do it adjust the exchange rate so they make a bit of money for themselves.

I suggest as others have already posted to simply use your card in an ATM. Any interbank rate and fee they may charge will still offer you a better deal than the commission and/or rate at an exchange desk.

Travel Tips for Salou

I just love salou

by gunieverebmoist

"poo poo poo its sunny salou"

When my secret lover surgested that we take a wee break in sunny salou, I initially thought "well golly gosh that will be fun" Little did I know that he and his family would be staying in a 5star establishment and little old me would be stuck in a campsite next to the theme park. Livid, I had to blackmail the sod to get me into a hotel at Cap Salou, never in my life have I seen so many ugly common people in one place, and those bloody flip flops!!!!!!!!!!!! aggaggghhhh. death by flip flop. The camp site would have been better. Ahh but in my moment of ultimate anxiety I stumbled into Bar Zeppelin. Wow, woo hoo and a woopy woopy doo doo. Never in the history of the known uningverse has there ever been such a stroppy moody cow behind a bar! and ugly.....well uglier than Les Dawson without the make up. I mean hideous, like a jellyfish in a clear bin bag mingled up with some sick.

Comments