Pompeu Fabra, 26, Salou, 43840, Spain

Otel.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less and rated 13% higher than other 3 star hotels

• best hotel ever stayed in

having had a 36 and half hour bus ride from england to salou it was very tiring arriving at our chosen hotel jaime 1 we were told they were double booked in even though we booked 2 weeks beforehand we were told we had been placed in golden avenida suites not beento salou before this was very frustrating and off putting it was literally a 5 min walk upon our arrival we were met by sarah the receptionist who had a lovely smile and gave us a warm greeting she was lovely very helpful and always happy to help as was all the other staff the food was out of this world cannot fault anything with it at all its the only hotel iv been in that had a kiddies food bar the outdoor pool was freezing but due to it been end of september it was expected the room was lovely and clean the only problem we had was the chambermaids came early like 8.30 and didnt knock (very embarrasing 1 morning ) would recommend this hotel to everyone was good clean overall very nice oh and we had a room roadside 1st floor we had no problems with traffic or noise

Unique Quality: indoor jacuzzi was great was really warm

Directions: easy to find

• Fab Holiday!

i stayed in this hotel from the 18/08/2012-01/09/2012 and i thought it was lovely.
    the staff was lovely special mention to Ana who greetde us into the restaurant she always made us smile ad my little boy(aged 4) loved her, the manager of the bar juan was very friendly and all the reps, sunny sarah, makarina, crazy craig, jazzy jimmy, smashing ash, rocking rob and tomo were all great they lways had something for my little boy to do.
    i would recommend this hotel to anyome wanting to go to salou.

Unique Quality: the rooms were very comfortable and this hotel had great facilities all around.

More about Aparthotel Golden Avenida Suites

Avenida Park - A Lottery

by TripAdvisor Member holidaymaker012

Having read the generally positive reviews on Trip Advisor, HolidaysUncovered and Thomson's own website I decided to book a week at Avenida Park (aka Golden Avenida Suites) for myself, my partner and my daughter. I will not be putting as much faith in these websites in future.

We were initially put in a room overlooking the road, right at the top of the stairs and opposite the lifts. Within ten minutes it became apparent that between noise from outside and the noise from other residents coming up and down to the rooms on the floor, this was not going to be acceptable. After much arguing with the Thomson rep (note to Thomson: there's no point boasting about having reps on site from 8.30am until at least 8.30pm when - with the exception of Georgina - they were sullen and unhelpful) we were moved to a room further from the lifts. This was still overlooking the road, but we were told that this was all the hotel could offer us until Tuesday. We spent the first night (Saturday) being awoken every ten or fifteen minutes until past 4am by car horns and people shouting, and the same only slightly less frequently on subsequent nights.

The cleanliness of the room was also appalling. The floor was sticky with brown stains on it, and despite asking reception three times if the room could be mopped this was not done once. Surfaces were also dirty (sticky and stained), the remote control for the television was broken (held together with duct tape and batteries still visible) and both the toilet and bath had black marks on them. The only positives were that the bedding started the week clean and there were fresh towels daily.

After three nights spent getting only a few hours sleep and feeling constantly dirty we attempted to move rooms again. Upon being told this was not possible after all we decided to move hotels altogether. This was an expensive option, and one which I am still quite upset about, but I felt we had no choice (especially with a small child).

I won't say there was nothing positive about the hotel. The communal areas were much nicer and cleaner than the bedroom (although both my daughter and I slipped and fell near the pool), the entertainment reps (Sarah, Kelly and Moi) were very good and the food was absolutely excellent. However there is clearly a lottery where the bedrooms are concerned (pool vs. road and the standard of cleaning) and this is simply not good enough from Thomson. I certainly won't be travelling with them again.

Good all round hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Drew_2000

We decided to have a late holiday this year and we decided on the Golden Avenida Hotel. We chose this particular hotel as it was descirbed as a family hotel, and with the half term holiday just around the corner, we anticipated that there would not be many children around.
Sure enough there were not many families around, however the hotel was not empty.
We stayed in a twin room on the 5th floor on the roadside, as opposed to the poolside. I would recommend that if you choose to stay in the hotel, that you specify a poolside room, as the road can be a bit noisy early morning and last thing at night.
Food was buffet style and was prepared to a good standard. The staff in the restaurant were great and were always willing to help should we have any quueries.
The hotel is situated about a 15 minute walk to the beach and it's about 5 minutes from the shops. It's also ideal if you want to vist Port Aventura as it's only about a 10 minute taxi ride away.
All in all a good holiday and came back feeling rested.

Fantastic for families!!

by TripAdvisor Member redhotmooncat

Just returned from the Avenida suites and had a fantastic time. We had never done family club holiday before, And our 3 year old daughter loved it which meant we loved it too!

The Thomson team were brilliant the nightly disco and kids entertainment was on every night from 8 pm and adult show from 10pm although a lot of the children enjoyed this too. My little girl and myself now know the whole Thomson the dog song and dance.
The kids club was excellent and our daughter enjoyed the face painting, Treasure hunts and all the activities.It runs at several times including evenings although my daughter only used twice. On top of this the hotel have to playgrounds with slides, A crazy golf area (Have seen better) and a football area for the older kids.
The food was fantastic for a 3* and the buffet had a different theme very night, The chinese night was the best and the kids buffet is out every morning for breakfast and evening for dinner its ideal at the right height for the kids to help themselves and has all kids fave food and not just junk food. Would definatly recommend upgrading to half board.Took the hassle out of finding somewhere to eat and highchairs were located everywhere in the restaurant with lots of children eating in there they were well catered for in every way.

The rooms were very spacious and had the best of both worlds so although we were half board we still had a fridge, kettle, toaster, electric rings, cuttlery and microwave. We had a 1 bed apt overlooking the pool we had a massive balcony which was accesed through the lounge and bedroom. Would reccomend requesting pool view room,Our friends were located over the road side and although it wasn't that bad the hotel let them move after 3 days of holiday once a room was available.
Staff were excellent towels changed everyday and the reception staff cannot do enough for you, especially the english girl on the desk.We even hired a pushchair and you can hire pool towels too.
Onsite there is a supermarket but there are lots around also. Games room, Internet corner and TV in the bar which had the football on.They have a laundry room with washer, dryer and iron with ironing boards to use at a small cost. The indoor pool was good as we had a couple of days of rain we had somewhere to go ( bit small though)

Salou itself was perfect for us it was flat, the beach is very long and shelves out so ideal for paddling there was lots of little parks scattered on the beach with swings and slides,Lots of shops and excellent public transport.
We bought our passes for port aventura before we went through Thomson and glad we did they were excellent value for money compared to the gate price and the park is amazing you need a good 3 days to see everything including the shows, It reminded me of a smaller Universal studios with lots of rides and rollercoasters even for the little ones. It was a 20 min walk from our hotel or you can catch the mini train or a taxi was 5 euros.

Overall Salou I would say is perfect for families and people who like to have everything around them with easy access to theme park, water parks and even Barcelona.

The golden avenida was perfect for us and for a 3*, Would not recommend if travelling without children as it very much catered for them. Would definatly go back.

Great family hotel

by TripAdvisor Member bizzy4lizzy

Good accomodation, well equipped with hairdryer, plenty of towels, washing line/pegs, small launderette, well priced mini-market, excellent kids clubs. I would definately go back. This hotel was Thomson only, and as I understood it, was for families only. We did take earplugs and were grateful for them as we had a room overlooking the main road. By week 2 we'd got used to the noise though. Plenty of entertainment, some a bit amateurish but others very good, and it kept the kids happy which makes us happy. Get downstairs early if you want to see an evening show as the viewing is terrible and only the tables at the front have an unobstructed view. Our kids went to kids club 2hours a day + 2 hours a day drop-in-den, then as soon as they were out there was Thomson the dog reading a story, or maybe a clown show, and then an afternoon film. Plus of course the swimming pool, kids playgrounds, games and outdoor activities etc. Evening kids club available too at 3 euros each child, mine went 2 nights for the scare night and the chocolate party and had a great time. Lots of prizes to be won, they come out with lots of goodies from all the activites. Evening kids disco, bingo (naff but kid-friendly), we hardly saw our kids they were so busy having fun and making friends, a bit of a 2nd honeymoon for us! Worth going to the welcome meeting as the reps tell you what's available at the hotel and where, and they weren't too pushy about booking trips.
Portaventura good, take a taxi for a family of 4 as it's not really any dearer than the bus. Bus is 1.25 euros each including kids, bus stop about 10 mins walk away, but taxi was about 5 or 6 euros from the hotel and we never waited more than 10 mins even though we were warned high season it could be a 45 min wait. The firework/lazer show at 11.45 was really good and worth staying for, it's easy to get back after as there are loads of buses although they can charge extra at night. We paid a little more at the weekend on the midnight bus, but not any extra on weekdays. Some eves we walked, it was less than 30 mins gentle stroll and excellent footpaths all the way. We bought a week pass online for PortAventura and it worked well for us as our kids are 4 & 9 so not so tolerant of walking round all day in the heat. It was good to know we could just go for a few hours, and then come away.
There was a sunbed rush/queue in the mornings, otherwise you could usually find a sunbed but it would be in the shade till about 3 and not much room to move it anywhere else. However, hubby found this was a good way to make friends, they all had a laugh in the queue.
We really enjoyed this holiday, mainly due to the Thomson staff who were always very cheerful, helpful & great with the kids. Because our kids were so happy all the time it made our holiday very relaxing. We'd definately go back there and/or other Thomson superfamily hotels.

Brilliant Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member sunstrip7

I have just come back from my holiday at the Avenida Park Hotel. It was a brilliant holiday from start to finish.

All of the staff were very friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble for them.

The weather was good - sun everyday, it only rained once for a couple of hours in the morning of our 5th day there.

The only "complaint" I have (although its not really a complaint, more of a suggestion really) is that with the evening meal (we went half board) we felt that a drink should be served with the meal, like at breakfast but for the evening meal you have to pay for a drink, unlike breakfast where there is unlimited drink available, tea, coffee etc.

The hotel is in a nice are - not too overcrowded by other hotels, its not right in the centre of Salou so we didnt find that we had a lot of noise at night from pubs and bars etc.

The food is magnificent! The time and effort that the chefs go to is unbelievable. Its buffet style but the food isnt just laid out - the presentation is amazing - they have "scenery" of food, E.G a table was made up of prawns and other food stuff made to look like an island. A crocodile made up of salmon terrine. A pirate ship made of sugar! A good range of different food to suit all tastes.

I cant compliment this hotel enough. We will be going back next year and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

want to go back

by TripAdvisor Member lawbags

this thompson hotel was the best hotel i have ever stayed in.I was 14 at the time my brother 13 and my little sister 9.The food was amazing,cooked breakfasts,croissants,cereal.The dinnersalso great,roasts on a Sunday,curries,pasta,you name it it was there.The entertainment for younger children was really good,reps were brilliant and for the older ones like me there was fantastic floor shows,fakirs,chinese circus and so on.We had a two bedroom apartment with a kitchen,which was great for my mum as she could have a cup of tea on the balcony when she got up.Our room faced the road,but wasnt really noisy at all.We bought a two week pass to portadventura with thompson before we left and even though we only went three times we still saved money,passes about £50 per adult.Barcelona stadium and zoo was really good too,apart from that we spent our time around the pool and in salou town.I met so many kids my age there they were a laugh.We are going back in 2009 and i cant wait.

CRACKING ALLROUND FAMILY HOLIDAY

by TripAdvisor Member davssal

Just got back from 2 weeks in Salou. We had a great holiday.
We had a 1 bedroom appartment. We managed to put a cot & camp bed in the room along with the twin beds already in there. This gave us the lounge room free. The appartment is pretty standard with plenty off room. It had toaster, kettle, 4 ring stove top & microwave. The cleaners changed the towels everyday & did a brill job making all the beds in the 1 room. Very friendly esp to babies. Never had a problem leaving loose change lying around.
The kids entertainment was pretty good. my 3yr old loved it. Had the usual bingo & kids dancing doin the Thomson Dog song. Adult entertainment after 10 which the kids enjoyed to. Apart from the man eating swords & fire. Alot of parents left with their kids. During some day my daughter went in2 the kids zone where she stayed for 2hours. The staff were brill esp MJ, Sam & Lorain.
Didn`t use the outdoor pool often as we had ALOT of rain. The indoor pool was ok but small.
The food was topnosh. Better than any 3star i`d stayed in.
The hotel was about a 10min stroll to the beach with loads of holiday shops on the way. The beach was lovely & clean. Loads of wee parks scattered along the beach.
I would defferently reccommend Salou & this hotel for families.

brilliant

by TripAdvisor Member boodeeboo

just come back from holiday and missing the place already I am really fussy but this hotel is of a very high standard Clean spacious rooms. Staff who will bend over backwards to help The food is amazing especially if you like desserts They make the most beautiful creations

My daughter loved the pool only downside the outdoor pool isn't heated and she got a bit cold but plenty of sunbeds no need to fight for one at 8am

As mentioned previously roadside rooms do suffer from traffic noise but wasn't unbearable

Golden by name, Golden by nature!!

by TripAdvisor Member Honkey

My family and I have just returned from a fortnights half board stay at this hotel and we loved it. The Hotel is clean, despite what some people with OCD may say. The reception staff welcome you and always seem to be in control. The maids (on the 6th floor) are trustworthy and curteous and do a good job at tidying around your clutter which you may leave lying around, (bare in mind that it is not their job to tidy your clutter) and do the job they are paid to do. The catering and kitchen staff provide a first class service, especially the food on offer. The deserts are to die for and there is a huge selection of fruit and salad options. A number of different theme nights add to a variety of food on offer, the selection and presentation is excellent and there is somthing for everyone. Breakfast can be a little mad, especially around the toaster and tea/coffee machines but nevertheless this is a minor problem. The waiters /waitress are always keen to clean away your plates ready for your next course. Our kids did not eat as much as we would have liked them to have done, but this seems to be the norm with kids on holiday. The bar is good,and they do offer a 2-4-1 happy hour between 8 and 9pm. Please do not do the British thing and queue out of the door to be served at the bar, there are 3 tills and you would not queue in an English bar would you? Your far better going two deep at the bar and it avoids the pushing in debate. The waiter service will help you with your additional drinks but be sure to tip them as they do a good job, if not, tip the barman. David the resident entertainer is worth his weight in gold and the kids love his rendition of star treking dance. The Thompsons reps work well with him and his young apprentice Moi (who is nice but not David). The Hotel (Thompsons and David) offer a good selection of activities during the day for both kids and adults alike, so be sure to join in. The hotel has everything from table tennis, football, water polo, shuffle board, darts and shooting for the adults. We found the Thomsons reps really good, but they may not be everyones sense of humour. The kids club offers a welcome break for adults and the kids seem to love it, don't worry it is a safe system too. The Thompsons reps are great with the kids in kids club. Overall, if you have young children be rest assured this is the hotel for you. Go on holiday, don't have rediculously high expectations and you will not be dissapointed. Location wise, its perfect 5-10mins stroll to the wonderful beach, and 20-25 mins walk to Porta Ventura. 6 Euros in a taxi, 5 euros for family of four on bus but it may drop you off a short distance from the hotel. If you want to visit Nou Camp, go down the street opposite the Red Lion pub (Plana Tours) it is about 10 euros cheaper than Thompsons and offers a equally good service.
We loved this holiday and the only two things that were a slightly annoying were the poor comfort of the beds and some of the Brits you have to share the hotel with, however, like anywhere you go, you cannot get on with all of the people, all of the time. If you choose this holiday, you won't be dissapointed, although we personally would not want to go in peak season (July / August), Enjoy

Great holiday

by TripAdvisor Member kay83

This was a last min booking & I was worried as we were a couple with no children at a thomopson super family. We arrived @ reception to a warm welcome by polite reception staff we were given the keys to our room. The room was massive & very clean I was well impressed. We went to the pool bar & they were also polite. We went for evening tea as we were 1/2 board I was just spoilt for choice & that was the whole week. There was themed nights IE choc fountin & a gala evening the breakfasts were fantastic choice. The entertainment is aimed at familys so if you hav'nt got children you may want to go out in the evening but its all in walking distance.

MEDITERRANEAMEDITERRANEA

Golden Avenida Park hotel

by dougie5419

Can you tell me how far it is to walk to the Golden Avenida Park hotel in Salou from the train station? Is it possible to get a bus and what price is it ? Is it just as cheap to get a taxi?

Re: Golden Avenida Park hotel

by hib284

15 - 20mins walk. Take a taxi they are cheap.

Golden Avenida Suites Salou

by welshlegend

Hi i am going to SALOU next year and have booked the GOLDEN AVENIDA SUITES for 2 weeks with my fiance our 5 year old daughter (who will be 6 when we go) and my 14 year old brother-in-law, has anyone stayed at this hotel if so what was your impression of the hotel and the staff, many thanks.

Golden Avenida Suites

by welshlegend

Hi can anyone tell me what Golden Avenida Suites is like please, i am staying there for 2 weeks self catering with my fiancee our 6 year old daughter and my 14 year old brother-in-law from sept 25th 2007-october 9th 2007.Also what are the bars/resturants like in this area? i have been to la pineda before and travelled into salou town centre but never stayed there before thanks

Comments