Carretera de la Costa 61, Salou, Costa Dorada, 43840, Spain

Travelocity Hotelsclick.com Hotels.com

Costs 164% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Festival village best ever !

Just returned after two weeks stay at this hotel, 11 off us traveled aged between 1 year and 54 years, not 1 single complaint, different entertainment every night, food was fabulous , staff were great will defiantly be returning, big thank you to staff Maggie Yates and Israel zavala see you all again soon xx

Unique Quality: Pool, view , entertainment, food and staff all fab. X

More about Festival Village

love it was great

by TripAdvisor Member diko

i dont understand why people are slagging this hotel we were there for two weeks we love it always games going on round the pool adult kids brilliant kids club staff entertiment was good bar staff brill with kids plus tot and dan kids entertiment meet some nice people espicially shobian kenny kids is stay from 17th july till 31st july had no promblem you always get moaners rooms are massive and there clean every two days ask maids towels or toilet roll give straight away as for pool if no sunbeds just get off your balcony life guard on pool what more do you want i would sugest porteventura and acolpolis brillants days out do not buy your tickets were you live people always giving away in hotel i would give this hotel 10/10 for 3 star i stay meditrian village that was four star that was a [--] hole compare to festival village all my kids got poorly from there dirty pool festival village is great ignore bad reviews michelle neefy kids england

good holiday

by TripAdvisor Member italianBedford

Went to the festival village with finance and 2 children. read reviews b4 but i thought i would make my own mind up. got their had 2 bedroom appt. very big, clean and well kept. Lovely hotel good entertainment for everyone, the reps were good plus the staff. The only thing was we got broken into the 3 day, someone had broken the front door in, luckly all our valuables were in the safe apart from 2 ipod videos which they took. New door put in and we are claiming for the ipods. But it did not damper our holiday, it was great and we all had a great time.

TRUTH AND A FULL REVIEW

by TripAdvisor Member jackhiedi

I booked this holiday at the last minute and on returning home from the travel agents, did the usual review search on the web which to my horror left me dreading the holiday. On my return I decided to write this review with an open mind and will say that it 100% honest and hope it gives any person reading it enough information to make their own decisions as to weather the holiday it right for them. There are a number of subjects that I have not mentioned as I feel it would not be fair as the quality would be to my personal taste, for instance I personally thought that the entertainment was mediocre however that’s just my opinion, it was not bad and would suit some people. Throughout the review I will mention the most common complaints and gripes I found on other review sites for this complex.

THE COMPLEX.
The complex is not an ugly structure but would not win any architecture awards. I did like the fact that the balconies at the rear of the block in which I resided, (Block A), are big and angled in such a way to provide a good amount of privacy, however they do not get any sun. The 24 hour front desk staff were polite but never smiled. A big tip re travellers cheques was to buy sterling as they gave the same rate for sterling or euros but charged 5% if changing euros but no commission on changing sterling travellers cheq‘s. There is a small supermarket inside the complex which was reasonably priced and had a varied range of goods. The staff were pleasant and would hand out lots of small freebies to the kids, like sweets and beach balls, and it was open till 9pm each night.
THE BAR.
The bar is small and the staff appeared fed up at being there, after a few days I understood the reason for this when I noticed that certain people spoke to them like they were dogs. They would walk to the bar, say ”BEER” leaving the money on the bar as they walked off. I found that that I had to monitor the staff when buying spirits as on two occasions I was convinced that there was no Bacardi in my Bacardi and coke. On two occasions my wife was short changed and not by a matter of one or two euros but by 40 euros…a tip is to try to have notes no larger than a 20 euros as these mistakes appear to occur when you hand over a 50 euro note. They closed the outside drinking area at midnight which meant that you did not have to listen to people drinking ect, this was good as the children were not disturbed.
THE ROOMS.
The rooms are spacious and although generally clean the floor was dusty. The patio doors could be locked by means of a basic switch. There were basic facilities including a rentable safe however I feel First Choice should not advertise satellite TV as my, as many other guests only received Spanish terrestrial channels. I found a punch hole in the bedroom door, two slash marks to the rear of the settee, the wardrobe drawers were broken. On arrival they ask for a 90 euro deposit for the room which is supposed to be for any damage so I had to make staff aware of this just in case they attributed the damage to me. There was plenty of scalding water but the beds were awfully hard and noisy. The pillows had clean pillow cases and the towels were clean. Maid service was inconsistent and only appeared to involve the making of beds and the renewal of towels. You are issued with a single card key for the room which activates the electrics in the room. Tip here is too ask for a second key and leave it in the room so that you can leave the air con on when out and return to a cold room. One complaint from the reviews mentioned break ins at the complex. This year they added a basic cctv system and we regularly saw a security guard patrolling the ground floor during the night.
KIDS CLUB.
The kids club was at least twice daily except for Sunday. The staff, Disco Dee and Energy..M ????? were superb with the children. They receive a welcome pack including T-shirt, hat and water bottle and also get a wallet on their last day, all for free.
THE POOL.
The picture of the pool in the brochure is the most deceiving photograph I have seen. It is too small. It is surrounded by a fence which is not unlocked until 10.00 am by which time there is a queue of people waiting. On opening there is a controlled scramble firstly to get a bed which is not broken(they have arms at the rear to allow you to sit up), then to get a position that gets sun all day. There was not enough sun beds. The pool was fine, but at times was too busy, like when the rep commandeers half the pool for water games which left the remaining half similar to an image of fish just being pulled from the sea by a fisherman, the point when they are just reaching the surface and there are hundreds of fish splashing about in a little water.
LOCATION.
Its location is not suitable for anybody with a disability or a walking problem as the only two nearby shopping/eating/drinking areas which are Cap Salou and La Pineda which are both downhill from the complex. Returning up the hill following the usual few beers and meal were uncomfortable for me and a great difficulty for my wife who only suffers an mild walking disability. I was shown a short cut which shaved ten minutes from the walk back to the complex however it was using a remote track which ran between hotels and through trees which was not illuminated and a bit intimidating at night. Although it went against all advice given by travel operators I continued to use it because of the time it saved.
CAP SALOU/SALOU/LA PINEDA.
Cap Salou is small but has enough eating places and I can personally recommend the Smugglers for fellow meat eaters and Pizzeria for veggies. There is a small Fair type area which has loads of rides for the kids including boats, bikes, darts and boats. Then there’s the walk back.
La Pineda and Salou has everything. The best way to visit Salou is to get there by bus and to return by taxi, cheap and fast.

MY FRIST CHOICE HOLIDAY IN FESTIVAL VILLAGE APPARTMENTS, JULY 2007.

Having endured months of mental torture from my better half I crumpled and agreed to go on holiday. We went to First Choice thinking, big reputable company, quality holidays, assurance of a certain standard of quality, not the Rolls Royce of tour operators but certainly better then some corner shop.
After about 45 mins without success up popped the Festival Village Apartments Cap Salou, “THERES PLACES HERE AND ITS CHEAP”. First warning sign we ignored.
Holiday booked and cash exchanged we returned home to surf the net to get a feel for the place but after reading the first twenty negative reviews I felt sick. Telephone call to the rep at First Choice, she did say any problems and give me a ring and I will try to hwlp as quick as I can, they were very quick………they only took seconds to tell me that I was stuck with it as if I wanted to change apartments I would lose 90% of money paid. Chest feels tight, stomache churning, must not blame her.

Flight ok, big tip is to take an old set, or cheap earpiece as if you want to listen to the audio on the in flight film they charge you £2.50 for an earpiece. Transfer to apartments fast, as I walk down steps to entrance see several figures at front of doors, maybe the manager and staff about to welcome us, like in Hawaii were they play music and hand you one of those garlands as local beauties dance seductively. No no no, find six huge drunken women sat on the front step drinking from cans of lager. No welcoming music, only the effing and jeffing from the women as their satan offspring climb the walls and lampposts. Feel dizzy, taste of blood in mouth.
Having had to walk around the coven of witches I book in and go to the room. From here it went downhill. Two weeks being by the pool as hordes of foul mouthed kids throw each other in the pool nearly drowning other kids as their apelike parents shout and swear in primate excitement. I was astounded and amused at one of the fathers who I think may have had a speech problem as during the whole two weeks I never heard him speak and was astounded as he would summon each of his children by whistling them individually. Evening time would involve mediocre entertainment with the occasional chant of oggi oggi oggi. The games room would be crawling with children mostly having fun, well at least somebody was entitled to. I tried to have a go on one of those air hockey games but the circular puck wouldn’t glide through the spilled drinks, tomato sauce and chips thrown on the table top. The same goes for the games room floor. The games room always seemed dirty but it was not the staffs fault. It was clean at the beginning of the night but to be honest, when hordes of kids are running around with drinks and food it was an impossible task for it to remain clean. I decided to have a game of pool with my son and paid the required two euros, British pool consists of fifteen balls and one white. I got the Spanish version of fourteen balls and no white. Looking for a cue to play I was witness to one of the satanic children grab a cue and smash it on the table as he grinned at his sister who spat on the floor after which they ran off laughing, probably because somebody had walked in wearing a crucifix. We would finally retire to our balcony and sit in the cool air looking out at the impressive view across the bay, and it was truly impressive from block A. you looked out across La Pineda bay and the sea. However if you looked down you would see more gangs hanging around the childs play area climbing the lampposts.
The majority of the time the place could only be described as dirty, chips, ice cream, drinks were always on the floors and pathways leading to the pool, however I honestly feel that this was unavoidable because when you have loads of kids with access to unlimited drinks and food(all inclusive), the obvious was just expected.
I will say……on the plus side, we met a load of lovely, beautiful people, from Ireland, and all over U.K. who were really nice, two of whom we hope to remain good friends with. My son had a fantastic time and made a number of friends. Finally a last word on the return home. Got to the airport to find a 2 ½ hour delay. a delay which the reps had known about some twelve hours previous. They could have just left us in the resort so that there was something to do but they did not and we had to sit in the airport which was packed and short of seats. The flight home was as expected however I thought it was a joke that the interior of the plane felt like it was minus 30 degrees and they had the cheek to charge £5.00 for anybody wanting a blanket to keep the frost bite at bay.

FINALLY.

Festival Village Apartments are not for people wanting a quiet holiday. They are not clean, the position does not suit all. However the rooms are big, there is loads for children to do the weather was superb.

HAND ON HEART I CAN SAY THAT IF OFFERED A FREE HOLIDAY WITH £1,000.00 SPENDS I WOULD SAY NO.

Good value

by TripAdvisor Member Tabz-Gemma

Great value for money, get what you expect for the price you pay. Swimming pool was clean and well presented however water could have been a little warmer and poolside entertainment was missing. Tot and Dan, (entertainment) made my daughters holiday with their Kids Fun Time in the evening, however more could have been done for kids during the day. Caberet shows in the evening were varied and catered for all tastes. Hotel room was spacious and clean. Towels could have been replaced more often, good job we took our own as well. Neighbours were noisy at time, but what do you expect with being on holiday. All in all, a good time was had by my family, would recommend it to anyone, however, if travelling with youngsters, take something to entertain them during the day.

the only good thing was the weather

by TripAdvisor Member joelou

where do i start??? to start with there was a 90euro deposit to pay as soon as you get there which no-one tells you about, there was me and my partner and my 3 children aged 7, 5 and 2.we went half board and wouldnt recomend anyone to do this the food was awful and the selection was even worse the bacon had bones in it, they served onion baji's with sunday lunch. and even though its an eat as much as you want resturant the staff watch over you like hawks when you are choosing what to put on your plates which makes you feel very uncomfortable, when we booked we were told the room slept 5 people, when we arrived there were 2 single beds in the bedroom and 3 sofas one of which was in the hall way next to the door which you couldnt lock from the inside, the bed linen covered in cigarette burns and the sofas dirty, to lock the balcony doors they gave you a screw which just slots in and can easily be taken out by a child, we took our shoes off within 5 mins of getting in the appartment and the soles of our feet were thick with dirt within seconds, also we kept getting little glass splinters in our feet from where someone in the room before us must have broken something, the kitchen equipment was very poor and there werent even enough plates and cutlery for th 5 of us, when the laundry woman came round whilst we were out she didnt change any sheets and replaced only one towel,the pool was loads smaller than the picture shown in the brochure. the entertainers were really nice but the entertainment was poor, the kids club is this tiny little shed like hut the kids clubs reps were lovely but the timetable was not much good and most of it you have to pay for,they had a pizza and movie night for the kids, but all the kids came out saying there wasnt any pizza they had crisps and sweets which for 10euros per child i think is rubbish, the park needed some attention, the slide had holes in it with sticking up bits of plastic, the only good thing is the night you go out of the complex with the kids reps to a pub in cap salou for a family fun night which costs 2euros for each adult, children were free, it is a very hilly walk back from any beach within walking distance, and the bus prices change everytime you get on a bus, the only good points to the holiday were the weather and the beaches,the hotel was that bad we tried to get a fight home after 1 day there, which the reps were lovely about and were really helpful but they couldnt get us a flight, even the children wanted to go home not one person or family we spoke to there were enjoying it or enjoyed it at all, and all said they would never go back again.

great

by TripAdvisor Member kitty059

i like all others read reviews , and was worried! but 4 wat reason there was no reason ,on arrival to reus we were greeted by first choice rep who were most helepful ,we took around half hr to arrive at f.village ,wat a great place staff were great maids every other day great atmosphere we had a safe in our room 4 our private things which cost 30 euros 4 the 2 wks .the kids club was great summat to keep kiddies amused 4 a couple of hours a day. i would 4 sure go bk. and recommend this place to any one .

Dont go here!

by TripAdvisor Member MichelleWemyssBay

What can i say i read the reviews about this apartment before i went on holiday and i wasnt looking forward to going. Turns out most of what was said was true. The rooms were fine, they were quite big and clean but the wardrobe was not big enough for 5 of us only staying for a week. The balcony doors do only lock with a big long screw but it is fairly safe as you can not open them from the out side. The pool looked really big on arrival but once it opened it was far to small for the apartment. We couldnt even move in the pool area never mind trying to get a sun bed. The pool opened at 10 but people were waiting from about 9 some mornings so as they could get a sun bed. The games area was a disaster, it was always busy and the floors were disgusting, my little girl slid on coke all over the floor and banged her head and one day there was chips spread all over the pool tables, they just didnt clean it. The entertainment was ok but ive had lots better in other apartments, there was parrots shows, grease night, acrobats and other things. We were self catering but paid to eat in 1 night but the food wasnt good. As for the aera that the apartment is in (cap salou) it is in the middle of no were. We had to get buses and taxes everywere, even to the beach. Everytime we got on a bus we were charged a different price and most of the times we never even got a seat because they were so busy. I would not recomment this place to anyone especially not anyone with kids or walking problems as it is very hilliy.

A horrible experience...!

by TripAdvisor Member DaisyChainDublin

I had read some of the reviews but it was a last minutes deal so we had no choice but to take it or suffer the rain.! The apartments were not very clean and the cleaner only visited the apartment twice in the 7 days. Not once did we get a bed at the pool and by the looks of things, people queued from before 9am (pool opens at 10am) just to get beds.. That is utterly ridiculous. So we hit the beach most days... We don’t have any children but are extremely tolerant of families with kids etc. but we were nearly driven to the point of screaming with what we witnessed - Kids playground (a good idea in theory) but there were often kids without parents running around it until midnight going wild while parents sat in the bar. Lifts - on a nightly basis kids put rubbish bags in the lifts, pressed them on different floors, pressed the alarm bells and the result was that after 10pm each night they were temporarily broken and everyone else had to take the stairs.. Most nights when we returned to the complex, there were hoards of kids screaming in the lobby, spilled drinks everywhere and fighting. It really was a horrible experience as it seemed that this went on while the parents were in the cabaret or bar areas of the complex. The reception/security staff seemed powerless to stop this and the one shocker was the hotel/travel reps passed this by on many occasions and never once seemed to address it. Don’t get me wrong we love kids and have often gone on holiday with friends/family that have children so we are not child allergic but this really was bad to watch. On the hotel rules that each apartment gets on arrival it is stated that noise levels must be kept to a minimum after 23:30pm which is understandable for families etc but as our apartment was directly above the bar area (4 floors above) there were often groups of people drinking outside near the pool till the wee hours and the noise was quite bad..

Fantastic Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member GIGary

Just got back from the Festival. I took my three daughter 11,13 & 17.
After what had been a very very bad year the money I had left went on a one shot holiday to hopefully salvage what was left.

We arrived very early in the morning and the check-in went smoothly. The rooms were bigger than I thought and very clean and cleaned every other day.

The reps next day had great information and always available and most importantly no sales pressure regarding trips and extras.

We went all inclusive and well worth the money.

The hotel is well located between La Pinneda & Salou with great bus service 10 mins each way.

Trips: We went to Aquapolis (with Sea Lion Interaction) & PortAventura both excellent and dont miss the Furius Baco whatever else you do.

The pool we found to be ample size and by the time we had been to the beach and came back around 3, plenty of seats and beds were available.

Entertainment both pool side (especially the water polo) and evening was I have to say the highlight of the holiday Tot & Dan were fantastic. While we went on a couple of days out, staying by the pool or around the hotel at night was excellent.

Like some reviews have said a holiday is what you make of it and if you went for it the entertainment staff excelled themselves.

From Quizzes to the dreaded bingo, Kids time, the Acts and the Adult Entertainment (Mr Salou 2007 ...don't ask) every night was put on with flawless professionalism and all of us had a great time. Not to mention all the stars there Johnny Depp, Kevin Keegan, the Spice Girls, well Old Spice the list goes on.

From all of us I would like to just thank all the staff for saving my year, would I go again? I’m not sure if I could survive another week there but hey Id give it ago.

As for Tot & Dan, all I have to say is:

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team.
BRATATATATATATATATATA

Thanks................you had to be there

Great Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member YorbaLinda

We booked this holiday at short notice and having read some of the reviews on this site I was tempted to look for an alternative, I'm glad now I did not. There were four of us, my wife my self and 2 teenage children and we had a large double room apartment which I found to be very clean and we had the towels changed at least every other day. The hotel had entertainment every night and it was normal holiday stuff and of a reasonable standard. The pool was fine and if you were there early enough around 10 - 11.00 a.m then there was no problems with beds etc. The hotel is between Salou and La Pineda and the bus service is excellent,( we walked to La Pineda as it is very close. We also went to Barcelona twice using the bus service which is 2 mins walk from the hotel. On the 2nd trip we got on to the bus for Salou and when we were the last to get off the bus driver said we should have got the bus behind us in Barcelona but added , 'Don't worry' and proceeded to take us right to our hotel, an excellent touch. All in all a great holiday with plenty to see in do in the area and beyond, the people were excellent in both the hotel and anywhere we went.

Festival Village?? Is it really as bad as it sounds??

by AmyCarton

Hi Im going to Cap Salou in two weeks time with my boyfriend. We are staying at the Festival Village apartments in Cap Salou and I was wondering if it is really as bad as it sounds?? I would also appreciate any information anyone could give me on amenities around the apartments and I would also like to know if it is relatively easy to get transport to and from Barcelona, Port Aventura and Reus Airport?? Thanks.....:D

by butchill

easy transport for all the places you mentioned you can virtually walk to port ventura reus is only 6 kms away barcelona not sure off hand about a hour by bus if I remember right

by AmyCarton

Thanks I feel much better knowing that... thanks for replying! :D

by 28ashlee28

i satayed at salou a few months ago round the corner from cap salou and we onli found it on the last day which is a shame because its really nice their

distance from cap salou to salou

by tinkerbelle10

hello, im staying in the festival village apartments in cap salou at the end of july. i was wondering how far it is and if it is walking distance from the apartments to the centre of salou.as i am going with 6 friends and ive heard the night life is good in salou. so would a taxis be too expensive?
many thanks

RE: distance from cap salou to salou

by butchill

cap salou and salou are vitually the same place and taxis are very very cheap

RE: RE: distance from cap salou to salou

by tinkerbelle10

thats brilliant thank you. so its walking distance aswell then.?

RE: RE: distance from cap salou to salou

by DSwede

As per my other post, but depending on where you stay in Cap Salou it is ~2.5km apart to the downtown area. It is possible to walk, but not after drinks, dinner and the clubs.

cap salou - salou

by tinkerbelle10

myself and 6 mates are going to salou in july. we are staying in the festival village apartments in cap salou. we will be going into salou of an evening to hit the clubs and night life. is salou in good working distance for us? or will we need a taxis? cos im guessing buses wont be 24 hours. is this going to be costy? many thanks. jules

RE: cap salou - salou

by DSwede

There are buses during the day, but Cap Salou is ~3km from Salou downtown area. After a few drinks, dinner and dancing, it is a long walk.

Taxis should only be a few Euros.

RE: RE: cap salou - salou

by butchill

it may be approx 3 Km BUT from where you are staying to the night life in salou I doubt it will just over 1Km but as i have said before the taxis are very very cheap so dont worry about the cost the taxis are cheaper than the buses in most case if you are travelling all together a lot of the taxis are 8 seaters

RE: cap salou - salou

by le_bod

Hi, Plana, the bus company are operating round the clock, use this address to see their timetable http://www.itenewebs.com/autocaresplana/servicios_linea.asp?idCategoria=24831&i=2#
for timetable

or visit http://www.empresaplana.es for other routes in Catalunya.

Comments