Pompeu Fabra 32, Salou, Costa Dorada, 43840, Spain

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• danny180's Profile Photo

Good Value

This Hotel is very good for the Money you pay and has a nice feel to it. The food is excellent and the pool area is very nice. The Hotel room has very good air conditioning. The staff are friendly and are good at giving information on the local area.

Unique Quality: Very good food!

More about Hotel Golden Port Salou

great time at the golden port salou

by TripAdvisor Member sam726

We stayed at the golden port salou in september. There were 6 adults and 1 child ages ranging from 3-73 yrs. I would like to say that we had a great time.

The restaurant was fantastic always something to eat and i am a fussy eater although did have problems with my 3 year old son. They had theme nights in the restaurant such as a chinese night and they even had roast beef and yorkshire puddings one night!

The rooms were spacious enough for the 3 of us and i found the beds extremely comfortable. There is even a fridge in the room which was great. Even better we all had pool view rooms, although we did email the hotel the week before we arrived and requested these.

The pool area was nice and wasn't overcrowded although i can imagine in the high season would be. My partner was a little disappointed due to the fact that they had stopped all the water sports because it was out of season. The only thing that let this hotel down was the sunbed run (donkey derby) at 9am every morning. We only saw this once and we just watched and laughed and they were mostly all english doing this!

The entertainment staff were GREAT, my son loved the mini disco they did every evening and also loved the mini club with Isabel. They had some really great shows in the evening but the bingo just wasn't our cup of tea. Happy hour was fantastic between 8-9 every night.

So overall a really enjoyable holiday, keep up the good work Israel, Tom and Isabel ! Hope to see you after Mexico. Sam, Liam & Callum

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Shearerno9

Have just returned from a week's holiday staying in the Golden Port Salou. I booked this holiday after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel is fantastic. The food is absolutely beautiful. The hotel staff were all very friendly and the hotel has a nice pool area, although the pool is freezing cold.

Would definitely recommend staying at this hotel and if I returned to Salou would definitely stay here again. You can buy Port Aventura tickets at the reception desk and they also sell tickets for Aquapolis, which is the waterpark in La Pineda. The hotel will also book you a taxi to get there - this cost 8 Euros. All in all had a brilliant time.

Perfect Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Princess_Peach_Moi

Me & my boyfriend stayed at this hotel for a week at the beginning of July 2007.
After reading some reviews I was slightly nervous, especially because my boyfriend is so fussy about everything!
When we pulled up outside I was pleased and when we got inside it looked to be a very nice hotel.

We arrived in the morning and wern't allowed the keys to our room until 3pm and in my opinion this was a waste of a day of our holiday. The luggage room was absolutely packed with suitcases and with people. I scratched and scraped my legs so much on all the cases all over the floor!

There was 3 lifts available to all floors and we were on the 5th floor. Our room was very nice, clean & modern with a nice bathroom. I was very impressed and it was alot better than I had expected. Our balcony overlooked the pool area and we could still get the sun on our balcony after 7pm which was nice.

The water in the bathroom got very hot and there was a rail full of towels which were changed every day. The maids were there every day cleaning & changing sheets.

We never ever had to queue to get into the restaurant. I was very impressed with the choice of foods available each day. Couldnt complain about the food whatsoever. They even had a spanish themed evening where the restaurant was decorated in red & yellow. I really did look forward to having tea each night that we didnt eat out once!

The entertainment in the evening was good depending on what you like. But there will be something for everything as they have something different every night. I liked the magician or the "miss golden port salou contest" the entertainers are very funny and can speak most languages.

It was sometimes hard to get a sunbed at the pool in the mornings so we only stayed there 2 days. Some entertainment around the pool in the day.

I would recommend visiting the spa. It was so relaxing and they have alot of facilities. But one day when we wanted to go in we were told that the water was too hot so had to plan our day again.

The hotel has alot of german people staying. It was hard to find a family or a couple of english speakers which was just something i noticed.

I think Salou is a really nice resort, and would return. I would definitely return to this hotel.

It is fantastic value for money & is a perfect half board holiday!

Very good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member ekcihey

When we arrived we had missed the evening meal so they kindly added this meal to the end of our holiday as we were leaving late on the final day. The hotel was very good for the money - it was more like a 4 star than a 3 star. I paid £400 for a week in a family room HB in July. One slight downside was that they charge you extra (£18) for the key to a safe in your room.

The food was what I expected from a 4 star, i.e. plenty of it and of reasonable quality. There was plenty of choice including many fruits, meats, cereals, veg, salad and cakes (mostly sponge with fake cream). The children managed to find something they liked each meal time.

The pool was very busy and you had to queue up at 9:00am to ensure that you got a sunbed in a good location. I've not been to Africa but I can now imagine what the migration of the wildebeast looks like after seeing the swarm of people race to get a sunbed once the doors to the pool area were openned. It was amazing to see how excited people get.

The rooms were clean and a good size for a family of 4. I'd recommend a poolside view as the rooms facing the road were very noisy. The air conditioning unit wasn't very powerful but it was just enough as the evenings were quite cool anyway.

The beach was about a 20 minute walk and the route was past lots of shops, restaurants and bars. The beach was very busy and very good quality: the seabed and beach were pure sand. The sea was fairly warm and looked clean too.

If you are checking out after 10:00am you can leave your luggage in a store room and after 12:00 you can use a courtesy room to get showered at no extra charge.

The airport is about 25 min taxi ride which costs about £20 each way. The Aquapolis water park is only 10 minutes away and costs about £5 in a taxi - better than catching the bus.

ISRAEL a legend on his own

by TripAdvisor Member missbling

Booked with Travel Republic stay well clear. They booked the hotel and not the flight we had to pay more and then they booked tickets in the wrong name and we had to pay to change them or risk not being allowed on the flight a nightmare company. All that aside, The hotel more than made up for it. Fantastic food, good entertainment and Israel looked after the children and made us all laugh what a guy, so funny with it a truely magical experience. Rooms were comfy if a little small but the food was like dinning in a 5star restaurant every night. On here looking for another week in this hotel. Can't wait to go back

Not a 4 Star but enjoyable overall

by TripAdvisor Member barters_22

The hotel is not to an english 4 star standard by any means, the decor is very dated and old and needs to be re-vamped!! We went with thomson and although the hotel is only about 20mins from the airport, we were dropped off nearly last so were on the bus for over an hour and a quarter. Check-in was quite quick, bare in mind it costs 28euros to use the safe in your room, 10 of which is refundable on the return of the lock, which you will need to sort out during check in.

The rooms are basic and dated, our airconditioning didn't work properly and there was paint peeling off the ceiling where it's damp in the bathroom and we wanted to move, were told we could but it never happened ad noone seemed to know why!! but once we were settled it was ok. The maid comes in everyday (it helps if you leave the green sign on the door so she knows when the room is free) and she'll change your towel if you want, they're not very thorough though for e.g. our mirror wasn't cleaned the whole week!

The pool and outdoor areas are ok, we went low season and it was quite busy so can imagine it would be hellish high season. There was some outdoor entertainment for children such as skittles and football, and they played music quite loud so wouldn't suit those looking for some peace and a relaxing time! There is a patio area where a waiter will take your food and drinks orders during the day and in the evening.

We went half-board and it was well worth it, the food was absolutely fantastic!! There was a wide variety and there would be something for everyone to enjoy with salads, soups, main meals and deserts.

The hotel is about a 5min walk from the beach and promenade etc, it is a bit like blackpool in spain though so if you're looking for something more traditional and spanish I wouldn't go to Salou. Nearby Tarragona is much more spanish and cultural.

The thomson trips are very bad value for money and you'd be better off organising it yourself, the local buses run around to all the nearby resorts and to barcelona. the trips are only good for ease and not having to worry about getting back etc. We went to Bonavista market, which is like any british market and doesn't sell anything traditionally spanish; Barcelona football and freetime - very expensive for what you get; tarragona - was a good day out and much more worth it but still expensive; aquapolis - it's ok, there's quite a few slides and pools but the water it's warmed and during low season they shut a lot of things.

All in all we had a lovely holiday, got to see a few sights and had good weather.

It's a great resort for families and older couples/groups but not so good for younger couples/individuals.

what a let down

by TripAdvisor Member happyholsBirmingham

i have just returned from a weeks holiday at the golden port and spa hotel and what a let down it was.After doing all my background work on this hotel i thought it sounded ok,But what a shock it was when i saw my room!!! the view from the balcony wasof old apartments that apear to be ocupied by street workers they were run down and washing was hanging from balconies to the left of my balcony was a building site with two cranes so it was not what i would call a pleasant or quiet location.The resturant staff hovered around you while you were eating ready to grab your plate,i will say though that the food was excellant the hotel was clean and the bar staff were very plesant, overall i would give the hotel a 2plus star and was surprised to see on the front of the hotel that its a 4star.if you dont mind a naff view from your balcony and moody staff and you have a young family then the hotel would be fine for you.

No Complaints

by TripAdvisor Member The_Powerranger

I can only back up previous reviews on this property. Its hard to find fault with the hotel. Rooms are cleaned daily, staff are efficient & friendly, food is plentiful and of a good standard. Entertainment team work their socks off, my 8 year old loved the activities.

Probably could be argued that it is more 4* than the official 3* rating.

Nice but not the resort for me

by TripAdvisor Member onemorefortheroad

I booked this hotel after reading the reviews and was pleased to find they were on the whole accurate. This hotel was very clean and well run and the food was of excellent quality and the choice was vast. We were a party of 4 adult and my 4 month old gradson I am glad I took the advice of the other travellers and called the hotel the day before to ask for a pool view room. The rooms on the front of the hotel are indeed noisy and dusty due to the building works opposite and the main road. The pool area is small and beds are at a premium so get your towel out early. The average age of the people staying at the hotel is 60 so if this is not your seen then a more lively hotel might be your option. The spa is very nice to have and not crowded infact my daughter and I had it to ourselves on one occasion. Don't waste your time like we did with organised excusions to barcelona take the train it is easier than you think the zoo and the ramblers are very easy to get to just watch the times of the return trains or buses and mind your bag. My only compaint about the hotel is the beds were very hard and uncomfortable and they were no lounge chairs near the bar area to sit and get comfortable in the evening. I will not return to Salou as I found the resort very expensive and crowded.

Golden Port Salou Hotel

by dougie5419

Can anyone tell me if this hotel is within walking distance of the train station in Salou or is a taxi or bus required?

Re: Golden Port Salou Hotel

by catnl

there u can see where its located

happy travel