Avda Paisos Catalans 9, Salou, Costa Dorada, 43840, Spain

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Vil-la Romana

Villa Romana

by TripAdvisor Member Viv71

I have just returned from the Villa Romana and think it is an excellent hotel, perfectly situated for a family holiday. We booked this Hotel with Xcape with Us and when we arrrived they wanted us to stay in Salauris Palace for two nights (also nice hotel). We weren't vey happy about this as we were only in Salou for 6 nights and had three children with us. In the end we compromised by staying in the Slauris Palace for 1 night and were compensated with full board (orignally booked half board) free wine and water for the week and a pool view. it is a very clean hotel with great facilities.

The only problem with this hotel is the rudeness of the waitng staff in the indoor dining room. Would stay here again if returning to Salou.

great holiday

by TripAdvisor Member janetdono

have just got back from hotel villa romana where i stayed for a week and couldnt fault the hotel, restaurant or accomodation. the swimming pool was great, wasnt too keen on the indoor pool and sauna as it smelt damp. the only thing i could find fault with was the lack of staff on reception at busy times and it took me 20mins to hand back a towel! The food in the restaurant was well above average and loads of choice. The staff were all very nice and the weather was perfect so couldnt ask for more. will definately stay here again.

ITALIA - sites in UNESCO's World Heritage List (1)

by Mikebond

Italia has forty-four sites in the World Heritage List:
- Rock Drawings in Valcamonica (1979);
- Church and Dominican Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie with "The Last Supper" by Leonardo da Vinci in Milano (1980);
- Historic Centre of Rome, the Properties of the Holy See in that City Enjoying Extraterritorial Rights and San Paolo Fuori le Mura (1980, 1990) *;
- Historic Centre of Firenza (1982);
- Castel del Monte (1996);
- Early Christian Monuments of Ravenna (1996);
- Historic Centre of the City of Pienza (1996);
- The Trulli of Alberobello (1996);
- 18th-Century Royal Palace at Caserta, with the Park, the Aqueduct of Vanvitelli, and the San Leucio Complex (1997)
- Archaeological Area of Agrigento (1997);
- Archaeological Areas of Pompei, Herculaneum and Torre Annunziata (1997);
- Botanical Garden (Orto Botanico), Padova (1997);
- Cathedral, Torre Civica and Piazza Grande, Modena (1997);
- Costiera Amalfitana (1997);
- Portovenere, Cinque Terre, and the Islands (Palmaria, Tino and Tinetto) (1997);
- Residences of the Royal House of Savoy (1997);
- Su Nuraxi di Barumini (1997);
- Villa Romana del Casale (1997);

[the list continues in the next tip]

Really Good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LES22Fife

Just back from a weeks stay at the Villa Romana on a half board basis. Hotel very nice and clean, rooms cleaned daily and fresh towels received. Had a mini fridge in the room, enough for some cool drinks (although ours didnt work, even though maintenance guy came out and said was working ok, it wasnt, it was hot) but bonus if you get fridge that works.

Meals at the hotel were a good standard you had the option of two meals a day either breakfast, lunch or dinner. The hotel also made up picnics for you if you wished that instead of 1 of the meals.

Pool area was nice and added bonus of lifeguard and pool attendants who dont allow you to put towels down early in the morning and appear couple of hours later, which prevents people from taking loungers who are not using them.

The reception staff were a bit unsocial. The understood you when they wanted to, but if you go to them with a query/problem they made out they couldnt understand.

The hotel is very close to Port Avenuta Park only a 5/10 min straight walk, the hotel is also close to the beach, which is beautiful and very well kept. We had a 23 month old child with us and there were lots of activities at the beach chutes/swings/playhouses to keep the kids amused. They also do a good water fountain show at night.

Would definitely return to this hotel.

Good hotel overall except for noise

by TripAdvisor Member SaraDublin

Nice hotel, but noise from other rooms terrible (we could hear the person upstairs having a shower and walking around their room) Food was good and varied but cold although there was 2 microwaves. Entertainment was good and pool area was lovely. Unfortunately for us the weather was terrible but that's not the fault of the hotel!!! Great location for parks etc. Overall good hotel but be warned walls are like paper!!!

OK ish!!

by TripAdvisor Member SJOAKES

The Vil.la Romana Hotel is nice from outside, the rooms are nice and bathroom was very nice, i had a side room with a window so excellent views.
I first arrived on 11th may to be greeted by two unhappy reception staff, both spanish and talked little english. I was given my room card and thats when the problems started, firstly the reception lady wrote the wrong number on my sheet, went back down and got my room number, went to my room to find that i couldnt get in, went back down again she said it was not her problem it must be you. I was given new key card and i eventually got to my room an hour after checking inn, when i arrived at my room the lights did not work, i had to go back to reception again!, she said it was my problem again, i asked to change room and she said NO we are fully booked cant you see that im busy now!... her attidue stunk. Eventually my lights were working due to blown fuse, I will not be returning to this hotel or salou as the lady on reception is crap at her job and needs some more customer service skills.

Nice, Clean Hotel but Definately not a 4 Star Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Linz_G

The hotel has a fantasic location, very close to the theme park and water park and about 10 minutes from the shops.
The rooms are kept clean, they are abit small and have no tea or coffee making facilities. The walls are very thin so you can hear everything.
Food wasn't to bad, not much for vegetarians.
I would say this hotel is not a 4 star but top end of a 3 star as it's quite basic.

Vil.la romana - Salou FANTASTIC!!

by TripAdvisor Member sweetv-7

Read the reviews before going so a little nervous, stayed for a week in May 2007. Myself husband and two boys aged 13 & 10. Pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Its ideally situated, walking distance to Port Aventura and Salou. The hotel is very clean, the food is lovely
- we were half board. The staff were very polite some of the waiters and waitresses didnt understand us but we enjoyed a giggle explaining
to them what we meant. Francisco is the name of the gentleman that greats you every evening at the door of the restaurant. A very nice chap who makes a fuss of everyone, very polite! The room was cleaned every day, a little small if you want to be picky about the hotel, but at the end of the day you only use your room for sleeping in! It had everything you required, toiletries provided, bath, shower be-day, tv, balcony, fridge, sofa bed and two twin beds. We enjoyed walking into Salou each evening and enjoying visiting the bars. You must visit the Thorne and Rose pub, and say hi to Karen and her husband, a wonderful english couple who run a nice family bar. We have no complaints at all about this hotel, and would return without hesitation. Hope this helps in you decision making! Happy holidaying!!

very dissapointed

by TripAdvisor Member hellen_dally

i went with family of 10. worst holiday iv ever had. food discusting coverd in garlic butter and oliv oil. full of germans no reps. room above entertainment stage 1122 skraping of chairs went on till 2. cleaning room next door. maids woke us up at 6. i have a 3year old and 6 year old that wanted to go to kids club. its a small room with a spanish woman that dont speek english. and she let them leave the room and wonder around unacompaned. when i found them by pool i was verry verry upset. waighter in bar was ripping us of by keeping our change. and recention didnt understand us when we complaind. wouldent recomend to enyone. the hotel keeped having funktions. eg .presentashions and partys blocking of pool and entertainment room from us pushing us out the way. witch upset our children seeing pooh and tiger and beeing left out.

miss hellen dally 5 patti close,ringland,newport,south wales, np199gw
[--]

Second time for us - just as good!

by TripAdvisor Member reggy123

This is my second review of the Vil.La Romana hotel in Salou and as I said in my first review, we did indeed return in June of this year!

We booked for a week half board again and except for one aspect, THE RECEPTION STAFF we weren't disappointed. The hotel is clean, friendly and has a lovely atmosphere with a good spread of European nationalities.

On this occasion the gentleman that checked us in wasn't particularly welcoming but we got there in the end. Anyway 2 hours after we get into our room and had unpacked the phone rings asking me to come back down to reception. When I get there he presented me with a bill for €350 for an upgraded room. When I booked 3 months earlier I requested an upgrade to a larger room but that was it. What they wanted to charge would have almost doubled the cost of the entire half board holiday and needless to say I refused to pay. On our last day I had no choice but to ask the same guy for a wake up call but as I already guessed, my wake up call didn't arrive. His attitude left a real bitter taste on arrival and again when we departed and it did spoil it a bit. Based on experience, the apathy of Spanish reception staff does seem to be the norm and here is definitely no exception. Especially when you compare them to virtually all of the other staff in the hotel who are superb!

Anyway, away from all that - Francisco, the restaurant manager who welcomes guests is excellent and he takes the time to get to know people, where they want to sit etc. The waiting on staff are friendly also and make you feel at right at home.

The food was again of a high standard with an excellent selection but does get a little repetitive by the end of the week. The Toscana restaurant next door is good if you fancy a change and as a resident you of the Romana you get a 15% discount. It's quite expensive though.

The evening entertainment was of a high standard with a good mini-disco for the kids that ends around 21:30. They had an act called African Footprint on during our week there and if you go make sure you see it, it was amazing.

The hotel location is excellent, a 10 minute walk upto Port Aventura but make sure you book your tickets online before you go. No queues and it's quite a bit cheaper. It's no more than 5 minutes the other way and your in the centre of Salou and by the promenade.

We hired a car with carjet and visited Cambrils, Cap Salou, La Pineda and Tarragona. The Cambrils and La Pineda beaches are excellent and much less crowded than the main Salou beach if you're after a bit of relaxation.

We will no doubt return once again to the Vil.La Romana next year as it caters for all our needs. Great location, an excellent hotel with good food and my wife and daughter love it !

I just hope they give their male reception staff some Customer Service training and manners before we return!

where to stay

by nath93

Looking at visiting Port aventura, where is it best to stay, at the resort or in Salou,

Many thanks

by gemma30

Going to Salou for second year running. Stayed at Villa Romana last year which was spotless and very close to port adventura & caribe water park. Staying at Caribe Resort this year which is also meant to be excellent. Know someone who atayed at Port Adventura, Caribe & Villa Romana who found Caribe Resort & Villa Romana to be better value.

by Ludders

Depends on your finances, we stop at oasis park 3 star 10 mins on foot from park or beach, in june for a family of four its £40 Hb or £70 all inc a night! use www.alpharooms.com

by Ludders

Depends on your finances, we stop at oasis park 3 star 10 mins on foot from park or beach, in june for a family of four its £40 Hb or £70 all inc a night! use www.alpha-beds.com

by Ludders

go to the oasis park its a great hotel, see my site with bus transport outside for 2.5 euros return!

Comments