Placa Esglesia 10, Salou, Costa Dorada, 43840, Spain

Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• clueless83's Profile Photo

Viva Las Vegas

The Las Vegas Hotel, Salou is pretty much what you would expect a hotel to be. It was clean and nicely decorated with friendly staff. It has a good location, just a short walk from the beach. The hotel doesn't look like anything special from the outside but the main lobby and the lounge are very tasteful (think shiny floors and comfy couches).

We spent quite a few evenings in the lounge having a couple of drinks before we went out, the bar staff all work really hard, the same staff seemed to be around day and night. There are also outdoor seating areas but the seats aren't as comfortable as the indoors ones.
    The rooms themselves are pretty standard. Clean and tidy. We had a balconey view which wasn't spectacular but then you're not there for the view from your balconey are you?

As far as food goes, we went half board here. Breakfast wasn't particularly special and I thought the scrambled eggs were vile but the dinner buffet was fine. There was plenty of choice and would suit the fussiest of eaters. I'm glad we didn't go full board though as the lunch buffet was a similar assortment of food as the dinner buffet which I'm sure could get pretty boring quickly.

Unique Quality: The hotel has 3 swimming pools -
    * The big main one which was quite busy
    * A small hidden one (near the gym I think) which was quite shady & quiet when we saw it
    * The small one through the lobby that we frequented at which was fairly quiet and sunny AND had a jacuzzi.

If you're a couple who want a peaceful time sunbathing and having a dip then I recommend the jacuzzi pool. If you have children then I suggest you use one of the other pools.

• sammie's Profile Photo

Best Hotels

I was there for one week, the food, entertainment, envirment and rooms are ok for this price.

Unique Quality: The outside is beautiful, and was remodeled in 2000

Directions: Near the center of the boulevard

More about Las Vegas

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Taffy21

Just returned from a week at the Las Vegas, we would highly recommend this hotel for people who want to stay in a spotlessly clean hotel with great and plentiful food, the hotel pools were all very clean and there is even a childrens pool which stays mainly in the shade all day, which as the weather was very hot while we were there, was a relief on occasions to sit in that area, the entertainment is catered totally for Dutch, German and the Spanish we didn't find this a problem as we went out every evening anyway. The resort itself has a lovely beach and plenty of shops and pubs - the only downside for us were the amount of people who smoke on the beach and just leave their stubs on the sand! A visit to PortAventura theme park is a must for anyone staying in Salou, we went in the evening (the park doesn't close until midnight) and bought an evening pass for 25 euros each, which we felt was worth the money. Public transport is plentiful and easy to use. If we go to Salou again we will definately use this hotel.

Well Under-rated !!!!!!! Fantastic location! Great Food!!!!! :)))))))

by TripAdvisor Member Gemz_G

The hotel las vegas does not get the reviews it deserves and the pictures on the net and in the the brochures do not do it justice in any way shape or form. It has a beautiful entrance lobby and from the moment myself and my partner arrived we had a fantastic experience. The food in the hotel was freshly cooked every night and exceeded all our expectations as it was delicious.
The staff in the hotel were very attentative to all our needs and there english was exceptional. The location of the hotel was fantastic, there was no noise in the nights and yet you are a 30 second walk from both the middle of the town and the beach.
The beach is beautiful but does get busy. The hotel pools were warm and very clean.
The rooms are cleaned daily and new towels are issued daily as well whci is good!
The hotel also had entertainment on every night for familys and people of all ages.
Overall i would reccomend the hotel las vegas to anyone looking for a GREAT holiday in salou which is a lovely town.

Fantastic location

by TripAdvisor Member DylanFan

This is a great hotel. My wife and I stayed there for two weeks in July 2007. Very clean rooms, foyer etc is really well laid out and very inviting. Helpful staff (on the very few occasions that we needed any help) and food choice is at least reasonable (incredibly cheap to eat out anyway!). Three different swimming pools and there's always a sunbed available. The hotel is in a fantastic location, literally two minutes from the beautiful beach and restaurants. Shops are five minutes away. Barcelona is only two hours away by bus (bus stop is just outside the hotel). I would have absolutely no hesitation in going back to the Las Vegas.

Marvellous Las Vagas

by TripAdvisor Member DEBarrie

This hotel is hugely under-rated on most of the sites I have visited.

I found the location, staff, rooms, food and the public areas all well above the norm for a 3 star rated hotel.My wife and I opted for the half board option, which I think was just right.

I stayed at the hotel during the height of the Spanish holiday season, however found that even they were friendly,...it is well situated for everything in Salou, and although I didn't have any kids with me, I wish I had taken them there in the past, I don't think they would have been disapointed.

There are two excellent adult pools, and a kids pool. The kids play barea and gym are also of a good standard. They staff don't tolerate the MY TOWEL, MY SUN LOUNGER routine, which is always a bonus to the long stay in bed addicts!!! so even in the afternoon there were loungers available...

My only complaint would be the entertainment, which was dull in the extreme, but that was posibly due to it being Spanish season, and when on the continent it tends to be poor anyway, The good point is that there are several very good pubs nearby that provide good comedy and variety entertainment, The Victoria, to name but one!

If you intend to visit Salou, you won't be disapointed here.

Great hotel in a fab location with helpful friendly staff..

by TripAdvisor Member Kelly-Jayne

There were 8 of us in total staying at The Las Vegas, 6 adults and 2 children.
The location is perfect.. literally a 2 minute walk to the beach or town with some rooms even having seaviews.
The evening meals are exceptionally varied and were always fresh and most importantly hot. The best thing being the selection of vegetables as most spanish hotels just seem to have salad carts, the Las Vegas had atleast 3 different vegetable choices each night. We were dissappointed with the breakfast buffet though after so much effort going into the evening meals - it was the same everyday and we quickly became bored with it.
The swimming pools are spacious but do attract the shade so you have to move around throughout the day. The pool bar and main bar were good value for money and the waiters friendly.
The only let down of this hotel for us was the evening entertainment - not so much the lack of it but how poorly thrown together it was. The kids club is also very spainish orientated so the mini disco wasn't of much use to our children but the Spanish children staying there loved it.!
The girls working on the reception desk are the most helpful and friendly lot I've come across - nothing was too much trouble for them and their english was spot on.!

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member stevef07

Just returned yesterday from a stay here. Definitely a hotel i will return to. Its comfortable, the staff (be it reception, barmen, whatever) are great, main pool and terrace have a view of the coast too. Wasn't a big fan of the breakfast but enjoyed the dinners, and prices were good too. Rooms nice and spacious, and have TV with a couple of english channels, and also eurosport :) . Entertainment wasn't very much to my liking though. As for resort, its fantastic. Bars, restaurants and shops everywhere, with a nice long beach, also not too long to get to barcelona. Hotel is just a few mins downhill walk away from salou beach, and a few bars like charlie chaplins, and my family's favourite, kahlua :)

excellent

by TripAdvisor Member sall7

My husband and i returned from salou 17th September and thought the Las Vegas was definately under rated.
Every thing about the hotel was great the food the staff the location ,it was so clean and your room was changed every day.
Didnt see much of the evening entertainment but what we did see was the norm for hotels in spain.
Went to some of the bars reccommended on a site called Salou uncovered (If its your 1st visit to salou its well worth a look) really helpfull people on the forums answer all your questions.
All in all a great week nothing at all to complain about would definately use Las Vegas hotel again,and would definately return to salou. Sall and Dave Cooper Dorchester Dorset

Fantastic for a 3*

by TripAdvisor Member MansfieldLaura

We went to this hotel 17th sept - 24th Sept and had a fantastic time, the hotel was very very clean and all the staff was very polite! the maids came into our room every single day which we thought was great, only a few metres away from the beach, our room had sea view and pool view. the breakfast we didnt like but the eveing meal definatley made up for it!

Comments