Hotel Husa Puerta de Segovia

Hotel Puerta de Segovia
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Segovia

View from the walls of the castleView from the walls of the castle

viaductviaduct

SegoviaSegovia

Need to reserve for dinner in Segovia?

by londonlover

I am planning to be in Segovia for dinner on a Thursday in September. I would like to eat at either Narizotas or Amado, both fairly popular restaurants, around 7 PM. Would there be any need to reserve a table for dinner? I will be arriving in town around 10:30 AM--should I make a reservation as soon as the restaurants open that day, or can I walk up and expect to find availability that evening? (for four people)

Thanks for any advice,
Tara

by Redang

If you have the possibility of booking by phone, that'd be better or when you arrive just in case

by Miguelzgz

If you know for sure that you are going to be in Segovia that day, you better phone and book in anticipation, probably if you change your mind, and you can't make it...you just phone again, and cancell without any cost.

What I don't know is if you will be able to have dinner at 7.00 p.m, that is verey early for spanish standards. When we book a table in a restaurant it is never before 20:30 and usually after 21:00...but probably those touristic restaurants will serve food at such early hours. :-)

Good luck.

by elpariente

If you are very interested in having dinner in those place is better to make the reservation , just in case

You can make the reservation in their webs : http://www.narizotas.net/ or http://restauranteamado.com/index.asp ( Both are in Spanish )

Do not plan dinner at seven as dinner time in Spain will not be earlier than 8h 30m or 9 pm

Buen viaje y buen cochinillo !!!!

by londonlover

OK, sounds like reserving in advance is my best bet. Are there still pay phones anywhere in Spain? I prefer to call ahead a day or two, but I don't like to pay hotel phone prices and am not planning to bring my American cell phone on this trip.

I actually would prefer not to eat that early, but I have to catch a 9 PM bus back to Madrid that night, so I actually don't have a choice! I hope the restaurants are serving dinner around 7 or 7:30. I don't mind an empty restaurant if they will serve us, but don't want to go hungry!

Incidentally, while it may not be accurate to say that all of Spain eats late, I don't think it's all that offensive. I know most Americans eat very early, but I hardly ever eat before 8 PM at home, and I don't think anyone would think worse of a country for a late-night dining habit, especially myself. :)

I appreciate the input and advice!
Tara

by elpariente

If you are in a tight schedule , is better that you have lunch at "Spanish time" ( 2 or 3 pm) , otherway for sure that you will not do for 9pm at dinner time
You will find pay telephones to make the reservation

Buen Viaje !!!

I know that for you our times for dinner and lunch are a bit crazy and do not forget that here we make a strong lunch

by Miguelzgz

Londonlover...as El Pariente said, maybe it is better if you book for lunch and if you go to Madrid at 9:00 p.m, you will be on time to have dinner somewhere in Madrid.

Comments