C/ Arrabal Robuster 49, Reus, Costa Dorada, 43204, Spain

More about Tarragona

View from TourView from Tour

Placa de la FontPlaca de la Font

Casa CanalsCasa Canals

Sam is pointing out another little baby.Sam is pointing out another little baby.

Tarragona to Sitges

by colincox

We need to go from Tarragona to Sirges by bus or train on Friday.
I know that we have to change trains to avoid having to go to Barcelona, but I forget where.
Is it San Vicens or Vilanove, perhaps?
If you can tell me, I'd be grateful.
Thanks
Colin

by freland

It depends on what train you take - some do not stop at all!
Regionals stop in Sitges
Sant Vicenç de Calders appears in many
pls see http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/index.jsp?page=hjhir130.jsp&O=71500&D=BARCE&AF=2009&MF=MM&DF=DD&SF=NaN&ID=i

A :)

hHi freland,
Thanks for trying to help, but I am certain that no train from Tarragona goes via Sitges.

Maybe if I put the questin differently, you, or someone can help further.

Where is the terminus of the train from Barcelona to Sitges?
By this I mean the last station on the line.
That is where we have to change trains.

Colin

would you bet ;) ?

by freland

Click at the name of the train 'Regional'
you see the stops

Alternatively, go to St Vicenç de C.

A :D

by colincox

Thanks for the website address, freland.
The correct terminud is indeed Sant Vincenc, if I'm reading it correctly.
Yes, I would bet.
I'll bet you 10 euros which I'll pay by Paypal, that you can't show me a train from Tarragona which stops at Sitges.
I'm leaving today at 14.50 hours and the bet is open till then.
If you happen to be in Sitges over the weekend Friday to Monday, I'll buy you a beer, even if you lose the bet. We'll be in La Nina hotel.

Cheers
Colin Cox

Travel Tips for Tarragona

The Amphitheatre

by Ekaterinburg

The Romans used Tarragona as a base to penetrate up the Ebro and conquer Iberia. In 45 BC Julius Caesar made it a colony and many of it's important buildings date from the period when Augustus lived here c.24 AD. The importance of Tarraco is obvious from the fact that it has an amphitheatre, a circus, a forum and a theatre. The amphitheatre is the most famous of these buildings. In a spectacular location overlooking the Med and Platja de Miracle, it was the setting for gladiator fights and all the other quaint Roman pursuits. In the centre is the remains of a church erected to the memory of Fructos who was martyred here along with thedeacons Auguri and Eulogi in 257 AD. The amphitheatre held up to 14,00 people. Entrance is from Parc del Miracle.

OPEN: Summer- 9-9 tuesday to Saturday; 9-3 Sundays and bank holidays
Winter: 9-5 , Tuesday to Saturday; 10-3 Sundays and bank holidays

PH:977 24 25 79 WWW.tarragonaturisme.ie

Friendly for little kids.

by Jerelis

There are a lot of things you have no idea of once you're planning your trip. For us it is always a surprise how the facilities are for our two little kids. We were pleasantly amazed by the fact that Tarragona is a city that is very, very friendly for little kids.

First of all (but we guess you'll find it anywhere) all the local people spoke to us about little Sam and his 'big' sister Iris. Sam was just over one year at that time. Everybody thought he was adorable and Iris was just about the perfect example of a sweet girl. It was also nice to hear that everybody said that we were great parents to take such a sweet and young kids on vacation, instead of leaving them home! Everybody gave them a little present or candy.

But what truly amazed us was that every (little) part of the town has a very well organized and maintained playground for little kids. Some of them even have officials who guard the ground. It was great!

El Pont del Diable - Ancient engineered waterway.

by Jerelis

When we decided to visit Tarragona I had my mind set on seeing El Pont del Diable. Seeing the pictures on the internet and reading about it in our travel guide just made me wonder -> This is something I have to see! And I must say, we haven't been disappointed.

But first of all, most people visiting Tarragona go by car to see El Pont del Diable, the famous section of the Roman aqueduct. But, it is also accessible by foot, allowing for some pastoral surprises along the way. We started this hike of 1 hour at the Tarragona Cathedral and rambling footpaths lead past farmhouses, alomond, hazelnut and olive groves, hermitages, abondoned mansions and other ancient aqueducts. Vestiges of ancient engineered waterways ring the northern fringes of Tarragona, and although El Pont del Diable is the most celebrated section, it is not the only one.

The route we hiked was rather easy to follow as it was well-marked with red and white stripes painted onto walls and rocks. When we arrived at the entrance of the parc that lead us to the aqueduct, our vains were pumped with excitement!

Directions:
It's about 4 kilometers outside Tarragona, follow the A7 to Valencia and you can see a well-signposted rest area.

Delta de l'Ebre is known also...

by Zoe_bcn

Delta de l'Ebre is known also because of their cuisine... typical food are requested for tourist.

The most known plates are proberbly: 'Arròs a Banda'(rice with different fish), 'Anguila: Eel', 'Arròs Negre: Black Rice', 'Fideuà', 'Ancas de Rana: Frog's legs'....

It wont be difficult to find a good restaurant there... try to go to 'Sant Carles de la Ràpita' or 'Cases d'Alcanar' also in 'DELTEBRE'
This July, all the restaurants of Delta de l'Ebre, made special menus with typical food. With just 22 euros you can taste more than 5 plates Anguila (Eel), 'Fideuà', 'Arròs a banda' Delicious!!!!!

L'Amfiteatre Romà - Relive scenes of gladiators?

by Jerelis

During our stay in Tarragona we enjoyed its splendid nature, mild climate and an extraordinary set of monuments. The town was founded by the Romans, was a military base for the conquest of the lands of the peninsula and it became the capital of the Tarraconense Hispania. Its importance is evident in the quantity and scope of the constructions from this period., which extend from the high parts down to the sea. In 2000, the city was declared World Heritage by UNESCO. The L'Amfiteatre Romà is definately one of the masterpieces to see as it is well preserved.

Maybe we wanted to see and relive the scenes of lions and gladiators? Whatever our reason was to visit L'Amfiteatre Romà, it was a good one, as we liked it a lot. The amphitheater is located by the sea, outside the old Roman city. When we hiked the Walls of Tarragona we already could see it and just like a magnet it just sucked us towards it.

Comments