Lope Mateo 3, Tossa de Mar, Costa Brava, 17320, Spain

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 44% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• janey2's Profile Photo

saga in the sun

My three daughters, son in law, grandchildren, sister and neice accompanied me on this holiday. As it was still quite early in the season the hotel was mainly occupied by elderly people on coach holidays; my first reaction was help what have i booked here but on the first night we realised these old folk have got more go in them than what we had. There was a childrens disco from 8pm-9pm every night which the little uns loved, then there was something on for the adults every night. During the day there were different competitions which the teenagers enjoyed, my 11 year old was excited when she beat all the men at pool.

Unique Quality: The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the beach and shops, it has a feel of luxury to it as all the corridors are carpeted. The rooms are of a decent size and air conditioning is provided free of charge. We were on half board, and the food was of a high standard, full english breakfasts in the morning together with hams, cheeses, cereal, toast etc. The main meal consisted of at least 3 different meat dishes and the grill man cooked steaks etc in front of you. The pool was lovely and a lifeguard was on duty at all times. The bar staff were excellent even though some of them could not talk alot of english, made us practice a bit of the spanish we had learnt. An indoor pool is provided as well.

• intertraveler's Profile Photo

A compact Hotel of a high standard

This is a good hotel furnished to a high standard .
    The rooms are a bit on the small side but of a furnished to a good quality. A fridge in your room is 2.50 euros per day.
    The restaurant is buffet style with a good choice of food, breakfast bacon and eggs grilled while you wait.
    The staff were friendly and the bar staff were very efficient and friendly.
    The prices at the bar were not expensive and the measures were tripples.

Unique Quality: A well organised Hotel which was kept very clean.
    Towels change almost every day.
    The pool area was good plenty of sun beds not aloud to leave your towels on the beds as to reserve them.
    Also life guard every day by the pool.

Directions: Oasis Tossa in in a quite part of tossa,
    but as Tossa is not a very big resort it was not far to walk anywere.
    Tossa is picturest resort no fast food outlets plenty of narrow streets to wander around.

• tango_jd's Profile Photo

Four Star Hotel well deserved - Oasis Tossa

Service, food, location and facilities excellent.
    Thoroughly recommended.
    We had a pleasant and enjoyable stay June 2004.
    NOT for the under 25's though - too quiet and the entertainment is a joke! (Man/Woman plus Casio Keyboard!!!)

Unique Quality: Clean safe pool area, plenty of sunbeds (no towell-bagging).
    Food good - one dish choice cooked in front of you each night and cooked breakfasts done this way too.
    Air-con worked and was quiet.
    Room lovely (carpeted corridors!)
    Service exceptionally good.

Directions: Residential district 700m from beach/front

More about Oasis Tossa

Amazing**** Hotel

by tracydixon about Oasis Tossa Hotel

Upon arriving we were made welcome straight away, we went up to the top floor where our room was and we were extremely happy with our room. The cleanliness was out of this world, the balcony overlooked the pool and was quite wide giving a lot of room, watch out for the patio door though on the balcony, if your on the balcony and you shut the door you will be locked out! like i did with us all one night, we were enjoying a drink on the balcony whilst watching a lightening storm and i slid the door shut to get a better picture by blocking out the room light, it clicked shut and left us all stranded on the balcony. Fortunately someone was having a cigarette on a near by balcony and so we called over to them and we were soon rescued, so be careful!
The pool was immaculately clean at all times, a lifeguard was there evry fine day but nipped off for his siesta every afternoon for a while.
The food was buffet style and very nice indeed. If you were having an evening meal, and wanted a lunch instead this was no problem for the hotel, and they quite happily swapped it for us, the same if your flight home is a night flight making you miss your evening meal, then they will let you have a lunch instead. Fresh fruit and vegetables put out daily which was lovelly, although a lot of Fish, Pork ,& Chicken every night just cooked differently, did get a little boring at times but still very well cooked. not much choice for vegetarians.
There was entertainment every night which was satisfactory but not overly fantastic, there isn't much at all in the town centre nightlife wise.
People are so lovelly in Tossa, id so love to live there. Its so slow paced and chilled out!
The bar staff at the hotel were fab! Domingo the Bar manager is so wkd!! then the fastest Barman Guiellemo is so lovelly, Juan is gorgeous and a bit crazy and Jose is great at gettin in a tizz with his tray all super fantastic Barmen who's efficency will be hard to beat! well done guys!! The indoor pool was lovelly and warm, with great windows looking into the outdoor pool which i thought was great, they have small gym also which has a rowing machine, weights,exercise bike, and a stepper in it as well as a sauna & solarium, which needs to be booked an hour before the intended use the solarium is 4euro's 50 for 10 mins which is the normal i think. the restaurant is downstairs also.
The Jacuzzi is wonderful!! make sure to go in it!!
The last thing, to make a phone call i'd advise not to do it from a call box or buying a phonecard but to use the phone within the hotel, its much much cheaper, i callled my sister at home in Great Britain was on for long enough to say the usual, and it only cost me 99cents!! not even a euro!!

Oasis Tossa Hotel - any views?

by tango_jd

We are going to Tossa on 12th June 2004 - Oasis Tossa hotel.

Other review sites seem to be devoid of comments about this hotel.

Has anyone any views, news or reviews to share? The food looks like getting slightly poorer marks than location, amenities etc but we have had this before, only to find that the food has been great!

I guess it's a question of whether people like Spanish / International cuisine, or just meat and chips!

JD

Re: Oasis Tossa Hotel - any views?

by Mariona3

hy JD !!

I was in this hotel the last year, the food was good, and also exists a buffet, to chosse your breakfast and dinner.
In my opinion are a nice hotel.

hoping a good time in Tossa!!

also, visit the Castel.

Txell

Re: Oasis Tossa Hotel - any views?

by Mariona3

hy JD !!

In my opinion are a nice hotel.

hoping a good time in Tossa!!

also, visit the Castel.

Txell

Re: Re: Oasis Tossa Hotel - any views?

Many thanks Mariona.

It is good to know that you liked the hotel - I guess it is too late to change now anyway, but your kind reply does take some of the worry out of going!

JD

Re: Re: Oasis Tossa Hotel - RESULTS!

by tango_jd

Just to close this question...... We went - and it was FANTASTIC!

The hotel was excellent with great food, lovely rooms and a very helpful and friendly staff.

Tossa was a lovely place to get away from the noisy crowds - plenty of life, lots of bars and restaurants, and a mix of couples and families. NOT a nightclub-brash place but very laid-back and relaxing.

Lovely beach - 1 big 2 small - and a lovely old town for walks around the walls, shops, bars and restaurants.

RE: Oasis Tossa Hotel - any views?

by Sharman

I have just booked this hotel for Easter. If you have a look at venere.com there are about 17 reviews. I can't wait!!!

RE: RE: Oasis Tossa Hotel - any views?

by intertraveler

Hi,
I hope you enjoy your trip to Tossa in April.Out off all the places I have visited Tossa as to some were near the top.
The hotel Oasis Tossa I found very good and the pool was a good size I would go back again as I enjoyed my stay so much.

Michael