Albir Playa Hotel Alfaz del Pi

Costs 88% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Albir Playa Hotel Alfaz del Pi

excellent holiday

by TripAdvisor Member JulieStellaStar

We have just returned (May 2008)from the Albir Playa and would like to report on what a lovely hotel this is. Perhaps not for teenagers but for older couples and families with small children. The dining room and food were excellent and the bedrooms very clean and quiet. Pool area very relaxing. The resort is small but enough bars and restaurants(noticed a few Chinese and Indian restaurants) and a nice promenade. Easy to get into Benidorm by taxi 9 euros or bus (service about every 20 minutes)1.40 euros. Drinks prices in hotel also reasonable considering it a 4 star. Coffee 1.40euros soft drinks and small beers 1.80 euros. Overall very good holiday. would recommend.

Spotles hotel ,great relaxing holiday.

by TripAdvisor Member neilcmerr

I will get the moans out of the way first. We booked a late holiday at this hotel on line through Travel Republic. The only downside to the holiday was the airport transfer that we booked with them. Be awair that if you use a coach transfer to this hotel they will drop everyone else off who is stopping in Benidorm first. Taxi transfer takes about 45 min. Our coach transfer took 3 hours and the return was made even worse because they picked us up at 2.15 pm. We arrived at the airport at 3.30 pm, only problem was our flight was not until 7.05 pm and we could not even check our bags in until after 5.0 pm.
The only bad thing about the hotel is the lack of entertainment at night. Saturday night is good,all you can expect the rest of the week is disco music,line dancing and the occasional quiz..
Albir is an upper class mainly residential resort not a bit like Benidorm (thank god). No larger louts,no high rise buildings.It has a good shopping center and lots of small friendly bars and cafes.The beach is about a 15 min walk from the hotel and mainly shingel, probably not best suited for young children. If you want some disco dancing and night life the bus is every 30min and 1 euro to Benidorm or Altea.
The hotel is one of the cleanest I have ever stopped in. It is spotless they never seem to stop cleaning floors and windows. The maid service is first class and would put some 5 star hotels to shame.
The only thing that lets the room down is that the only English channels on T.V are Euro sport or CNN and there is no D.V.D player. There is also no tea or coffe making facilaties but we always take our own with us anyway.
The food is excellent, fresh,hot and something to suit all tasts.If you like fish and prawns Friday night is a gastronomic delight. But don't worry if you do not like fish they still have a choice of meat dishes or vegaterian.
The pool is not large but adequate for the amount of guests and you do not have to dash down to book a sunbed there are plenty to go around.You can get towles to use around the pool from reception 10 euro deposit.
Apart from one barman (the tall one with glasses) all of the staff are very friendly and helpful and there is no preferential treatment towards the Spanish guests. Most of the staff speak good English but if you wish to try out your Spanish they are happy to help you with prenounciation or teach you new words.
We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and will probably return next year. But next time I will hire a car. It is a lovely area and we are looking forward to exploring some of the local villages.

great value hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MikeH59

Very good hotel. Good situation with great views from our room. Very quiet rooms, and excellent, friendly service. The spa was being refitted while we were there, but looks like it will be good when finished. Great, varied breakfast (but terrible coffee!).

Amazing, Amazing

by TripAdvisor Member elvishlei

Amazing hotel, which was renovated a year ago.
For those who have a bit of quality needs, this is the one.

Rooms are very clean and really nice. We loved the colors they used.

Staff in the hotel were always smiling and very helpful.

The food choice for breakfast was great, as well as for lunch. You can have buffet lunch for just 17EU but you can also find other restaurants in the surrounding. A recommended restaurant is the Japanese one located in a walking distance to the beach.

The hotel is a 15 min walk from the beach. You can also rent a bike if you feel like. We stayed mostly all the time at the hotel pool cause it was a bit cold for us at this time of the year to swim.

They have a great pool outside and a spa which will be ready soon.

A really great experience for young people, with kids as well. Very romantic.

Loved it!!!

by TripAdvisor Member rose1984

I loved this hotel! the location was perfect - near some lovely resturants (if you are planning on going then you MUST visit the Japanese resturant - its amazing!! well worth the money!) The hotel is very clean and modern - the pool is lovely and the rooms are basic but clean and nice, all with balcony's wich are quite spacious. We had a pool view room which we requested when we booked and the view was stunning! mountains and trees and a bit of the sea - spectacular! The area is lovely too - quiet and clean and the people are friendly enough. just a short bus ride away from Benidorm, although i hated it there - felt dirty and loud and filled with tall ugly buildings - completely the opposite of where we stayed. They had some nice little pubs, including English and Irish bars! Brilliant! would definetely reccommend - we only went for 4 nights but wished we had longer there. very relaxing and perfect for a couple's holiday!

Ficus buttress rootsFicus buttress roots

Spanair planes at Barajas Airport, MadridSpanair planes at Barajas Airport, Madrid

Scenic View from the highwayScenic View from the highway

The Church from calle Jorge JuanThe Church from calle Jorge Juan

Public transport

Hi folks

I have been trying to research the local transport system with not a lot of luck firstly, from the Alicante city council website I clicked on TAM but every time I try I get “sorry there was a problem translating this page” .

I am interested in the Bono 30 card, it states that it is a 30 journey card for 16.50euros, what exactly is “a journey” could I use this card for a trip to Denia for example, how many journeys would that be and bearing in mind I cannot get the page in English I have tried clicking on “Plano interactive De Lineas” trying to get a map of the bus routes but all it shows is a map of the Alicante region from Google maps?

I am on a tight budget and hence the reason for trying to suss out the busses also, I tried copying the link for the Alicante narrow gauge railway site www.cop.gva.es/fgv/ and when I click on that I get page not found grrr, but perhaps you can tell me, is there a ticket I can buy where I can get on and off the train at various stops all the way to Denia and back like a 24 hour ticket kinda thing and how much would it cost.

This is my second attempt at Alicante, the last time I booked I had to cancel losing everything :(

by puerto_lover

I have not 'explored' this web site but looks very promising for the 'Tram' between Alicante and Denia via Benidorm:

by Aitana

I recommend you the website of TRAM (the tramway systems) http://www.fgvalicante.com/ instead of TAM (Alicante buses).
In the dark bar, open “Moverse con Tram” and select “Planos y documentos”, you will see a pdf file with the new tariffs and a plan with the zones of the Tram. Notice than the tariffs changed on Jan. 1st.

If you want to travel from Alicante to Denia, your trip involves 6 zones. Single ticket, 6.55 €; return ticket, 11.15 €. If you want to do this trip several times, then buy a Bono 10 or Bono 30 FOR 6 ZONES. If you just want to travel from Alicante to Denia, and once at Denia, make some short travels, then take a bono of 1, 2 or 3 zones, depending on the length of your trips. For instance, from Denia to Altea 2 zones (F and E) are involved, you should buy a 2 zones ticket or pass the 2 zones bono card on the machine.
If you buy the 1 zone bono 30 (18.35 €) for trips longer than one zones, you should pass it on the machine every time you change zone.
I hope it helps and wish you a nice stay here.

by Aitana

The Tram website has English version. Look for it at the grey band at the bottom, on the left.

Notice also that in Benidorm you must change from Line 1 to Line 9: the tram line stops there and travelers going further take the narrow gauge railway.

Thankyou everyone.

by jacquisuiza

There are Bono 10 or 30 only for the Tram and others integrado which can be used for every bus and tram in Alicante. There are several zones. With zona 1 you can only get to El Campello or so. For Denia you can buy a single ticket, as I supose that you won’t travel several times. But I dont’t know if you can get on and off the tram with the same ticket. For the Tarjeta (Card) you have to pay an additional 2 Euro which aren’t refund.
Hope it helps.