Hotel Albir Palace

Avenida del Albir, Alfaz del Pi, , Alicante Province, 03580, Spain

More about Hotel Albir Palace

A Christmas Break

by TripAdvisor Member MillfieldPobble

We have just returned from a week's holiday at the Albir Playa Hotel. The room was spacious and the view was stunning, overlooking the distant mountain towards Altea. The selection of food in the buffet style restaurant was varied and plentiful. The staff were courteous and attentive. The advertised Xmas Day dinner was a non event, with only Gluwein and Turkey as additional dishes from the rest of the week.
We are non smokers and had seen an earlier review that stated the hotel was non smoking. Unfortunately this is not correct. Although the restaurant and the small bar area are non smoking, the main entertainment room accepted smokers and in consequence we were unable to participate in any of the entertainment offered because of the smokey atmosphere. The bar area is located just off the main entrance and as it was invariably cold, residents were wearing outside coats just to keep warm. It has occasional seating for only 26 plus 3 bar stools and sometimes it was difficult to find somewhere to sit, to have coffee after an evening meal.

Nice Enough Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member IMB-Cheshire

This hotel is clean and serves it's purpose, far from glorious but nice enough. In a great location and a nice pool area.

Breakfast was a bit of a fight with people banging into you and of average standard, but general amenities were pretty good.

Albir itself is lovely, very quaint with a nice array of restaurants and bars swirling into the rock face on the sea front.

Definately a must - don't be put off by it's proximity to Bendorm - This is a completely different world altogether.

For the price we paid for this hotel - it was excellent.

Just the place for a quiet break

by TripAdvisor Member clayton63

We have just returned from a week at this hotel

This is a 4-star hotel and fits the description, the service and food were everything we expected. The rooms were large and spacious and although it was a big hotel it was quiet and we were both able to get a good night's sleep every night.

There was entertainment provided but I cannot comment on that as it is not something we were particularly interested in. The hotel was mostly used by Spanish, Dutch and German customers which for us was also a strong point in its favour as there was no rowdy British element.

Although the location is only 10km from Benidorm you would not think so. Albir is a quiet town.

The only criticisms I would make are the views from the room were not particularly wonderful (ours overlooked the Lidl car park) and the walk was not five minutes to the beach as was suggested it was more like 10-15 minutes.

The pool was out of action for much of our stay but this was due to the flooding that the whole area experienced a few days before our arrival and cannot be blamed on the managemement.

Clean, Smart Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member eribaz

I stayed at this hotel early March for 4 nights. As a lone female I was looking for safe, secure, clean hotel to stay in.The Hotel went beyond my expectations. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The layout of the hotel is very modern and clean. It is a very big hotel, but doesnt feel like it and has quite a intimate atmosphere.
Check in was very smooth with no problems.There are two lifts that have windows looking out to the outside and one internal lift. Lovely decorated hall ways.
My room had two single beds and large wardrobe with plenty of hangers and also a safe. There was a 28" tv with lots of spanish programmes but also with Sky news 24. There was a fridge, good for storing water etc and also a radio withe speakers not only in the bedroom, but also in the bathroom.
The bathrroom was very spacious, adjustable shower in the bath, big sink with lots of room around it to put my bathroom stuff.A toilet and also a bidet.
I had a balcony with a table and 2 plastic chairs, this looked out on to the swimming pool area, which although looked very nice I didnt visit due to the weather not being to warm.I was situated on the 2nd floor so had the benefit of also having the most wonderful view of the mountains as well.
Self controlled heating/air con which all worked great.
I only ate in the restaurant for breakfast, which was very lavish, with a lot of choice for all, including cooked on the spot foods.
All in all i would recommend this hotel, the prices are very good at this time of year.
The only problem I encountered and also this seemed to affect a few other guests (I overheard them in reception) was the promise of free wireless internet access.This is one of the reasons I booked here.I could not get access, went to reception for help, a technician came out, he got me online, but as soon as I got back to my room, it stopped working again! I ended up finding a large internet cafe just 3 minutes walk up on the left hand side of the Avenida del albir which had approx 12 pc's and was open all day, from early on to at least 9pm. Internet here very cheap and also they had webcams and headsets to utilise skype etc.

Fabulous hotel

by TripAdvisor Member KnucklesOrihuela

We have stayed at this hotel now on six occasions with our seventh visit approaching this June! we have always had a great time each visit, we have stayed half board, but we do prefer to dine out at one of the numerous restaurantes within Albir, but the food has always been very good with an excellent choice. We have found the staff to be friendly & helpful at all times. the hotel is well presented in a fresh modern style & exceptionally clean at all times. The beach is only a five minute walk & all facilities can be found within Albir, (even two newsagents on the main street as you walk down to the beach!) The new Spa facilities open this month within the hotel, so cant wait to try it out! This resort is very clean & well maintained, nothing at all like Benidorm, much classier & more peaceful to say the least! We are very lucky though, we only live an hour away & its a great place for a break not too far away from home!

Comments