Plaza Puerta del Mar 3, , Alicante Province, 03002, Spain

Booking.com Travelocity Melia.com

Costs 68% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Aitana's Profile Photo

The best for celebrations

Hotel Meliá is a good place to stay when you come to Alicante. It seems new as they really take care over it. The situation is privileged, between the port and the Postiguet beach, very close to the city center and the castle.
    It is a wonderful place for celebrations. We celebrated there our wedding. There are many reception rooms of different sizes and they can be joined to make a larger one. The cuisine is excellent. Every time I have attended an event I have been very satisfied.
    This is the only hotel tip I can write as I live in Alicante, but after our wedding, we were offered a suite at the hotel. Very comfortable, indeed.
    In the picture, the hotel is behind the customs building.

• VDElvis's Profile Photo

The place to stay in Alicante

This is quite nice for a European hotel. It almost feels like you are staying in a North American hotel. The rooms are big for Europe, with nice bathrooms, a fully stocked minibar and a nice selection of TV channels in a number of languages. Best of all, each room has a view of the water.

The hotel has a restaurant, lounge, and a breakfast rooms that is gorgeous. The breakfast itself is very diverse, but not all that great. In addition, the hotel also has internet access and an outdoor pool overlooking the beach.

Directions: Right on the water. It's the biggest building on the water, you can't miss it.

• benidormone's Profile Photo

For the best seaview

This hotel is right in the city center. The location is ideal to explore the city and the region. You have a wonderful view at the harbour and the sea. Nearby is the tram from Alicante to Denia. The hotel is only 10 km from the airport.

• Hosell's Profile Photo

The Best Hotel in Alicante!!

First I have to tell you that I never been in any Alicante hotels.I live very close in Benidorm,so I don't need an accommodation when I visit Alicante.But I've visited some of these hotels to have a drink at least!!.

I'll show few of best hotels in Alicante then.
    This is the Melia Hotel Alicante,it is located between the harbour of the city and the beach of Postiguet.Mostly all rooms in the hotel,has beautiful views to the harbor,city or Mediterranean sea!.
    It is one of most expensives hotels in Alicante!.

More about Melia Alicante

Great Place for the Money

by TripAdvisor Member SunLuva25

This was our first visit to Alicante and we had a lovely stay at Melia Alicante Hotel. Its in a great location for the beach, restaurants and shopping in the city. Would highly recommend this hotel for a pleasant, family friendly, short stay.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member 72

After visiting Alicante for the Bonfires of St. John, I ended-up staying an extra day. There was something about everybody in the town trying to leave on one day that made it difficult to secure a rail ticket.

No worries, I wandered down towards the beach, and decided on a lark to check out the Melia Alicante. The hotel, located perpendicular to a small stretch of beach which itself is on the shuttle to the larger, more popular beaches to the north, I expected to be outside of my budget. After passing a group of kids playing futból in the access road, I walked into the open reception/lounge area, and noticed that my phone had an open WiFi signal.

Possibly because of the post-high-week exodus, I was quoted a much lower-than-expected price. The room itself was quite spacious and sunny with a small balcony area which was excellent for drying towels and other items after a visit to the beach.

The breakfast buster

by TripAdvisor Member TUMMERY

My wife & I stayed here oct 27 for 3 nights.Great location close to beach/port/bars resturants.We stayed on the royal floor 5.This was not as we thought it should be but ok.Ther was a major meeting all weekend with the ministers of spain and the security was awsome which we wher not told about when booking.The breakfast was out of this world with everything you could want.We had a great time and will be back very soon.Transfer to the airport is only 10 minutes and Aliicante is very cheap to eat in and shop in.Brilaint city.

Great hotel, good location

by TripAdvisor Member D_Powell_Jnr

We stayed at this hotel for new year. After reading the comments posted about this hotel i was a little dubious about what to expect. It turned out that the hotel was excellent, concierge very helpful and room was very clean.

The hotel has a great location and is close to all bars and shops of the main street. We stayed in a Suite and there was plenty of room, 2 bathrooms and 2 balconies, LCD flat screen tv's, mini bar and towels changed everyday. all for just over £100 per night.

I must say that checking in and out was very slow and the reception staff tended to the Spanish guests first. Apart from that reception was fine with a good level of english spoken.

Nightly entertainment in the piano bar, a jazz pianist but he did play a few classic english songs you could tap your feet to. Bar drinks very expensive, nearly 4 euros for an orange juice is a little excessive.

I'd reccommend a walk accross the road to the marina its a nice walk and a few inexpensive bars. Take the catamaran ferry accross the harbour to the shopping centre. Its well worth the 2.50 euros return and is a great way to see all the boats parked up.

Dont let any of the other comments put you off staying in this hotel. If you can live with being served last at reception then this is a great base in which to explore from.

Great location, Great Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member Ericdublin

We have just returned from the Melia Hotel in Alicante, the Location is amazing, to the front of the Hotel is the Marina and to the back is the beach ,the bars and restaurants are all only a few minutes away.

The room we stayed in was small to medium in size but it was just a standard room,it still had a mini bar and a flat screen tv, the double bed was huge, and we had a room with a sea view, the view from some of the balcony's is a bit restricted, try to book a room closer to the beach or on the front of the hotel facing the Marina.

The Buffet breakfast is amazing, everything you could ever imagine is available,even Red and White wine if It takes your fancy..

The Hotel in general is very clean and well kept, some parts of the Hotel might need some updating .

Overall, highly recommended, great location , great breakfast , and price was very reasonable(do check various online websites for bookings, as we saved a lot of money just for shopping around for a better deal).. only downfall is the staff, they could have been a little more friendly.

Central Locationc

by TripAdvisor Member Hilltop7

Situated overlooking the water right in the center of town.
Alicante is a busy town even off season. Large variety
of shops and restaurants. Hotel is easy to find just head follow the signs to the Port - Puerto. Parking is right next door to the hotel. This is a large hotel and somewhat impersonal.
Reception was OK nothing special but the room made up for it
we had a side room with sea view. Good room and bathroom size good standard of cleanliness.

Hotel near beach for family in Alicante in May

by citizengershaw

Will be in Alicante area in mid May with my wife, and my 2 and 4 year old children. We would like to stay at a hotel where it is very easy to go to the beach for swimming. Any recommendations?

RE: Hotel near beach for family in Alicante in May

by molineros1

Of course go get them

RE: RE: Hotel near beach for family in Alicante in May

by Miss_London

?????

Never mind.

The closest hotels to the beach in Alicante city are the Melia Alicante and the Albahia. Both are right on the beach, the Melia being a bit more expensive but right in the middle of the action, the Albahia is further up the beach but probably safer for kids.

enjoy your stay in Alicante. I´m here now and the weather is goooooorgeous!

Comments