Altea Hotels

Our Members Say

• tzuki profile photo tzuki
  • Reviews: 163

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

El Jardin de los Sentidos: A garden for the Senses

I discovered this beautiful place thanks to a colleague recommendation and WOW! I should say that it is a magical place to be in and have a good rest.

El Jardín de los Sentidos (the Garden of the senses) was built more than 20 years ago by André Spiekerman (garden designer) and Elisa Maya (Yoga teacher). They made themselves a nice couple and a good combination of tastes. They have traveled most Asia, Africa and South America and they learn from each of the culture positive things and transferred those into the garden of about 3.000 m square. There are details everywhere! and special corners for everyone!!

We spent a couple of nights there for a Spanish bank holiday in October 2009 and it was very warm weather. We wished to have more time to breath and enjoy the garden during a longer stay. I am sure it will come other opportunities in the future ;)

The bed & breakfast hotel is very well organize. In one side of the garden it is place the main house, with the rooms (only four rooms, which a couple of them are also for 4-6 people, while the other two are only for 2 people). All of them are well equipped and with en-suite bathroom, A/C, wifi but no TV.
In the other side of the garden, it is the "tea room" where is decorated with different ambient and details. Here are serve the welcome drinks, the morning breakfast, the assortment or teas and juices. It is very cosy and pleasant to be around, either in the mornings while in the afternoons.

The garden is fantastic to walk along the paths, to chill out in any corner, to read, to paint, or just breath.
Elisa offers some yoga classes that need to book it in advance!

We enjoyed a lot!

• MaheshSamtani profile photo MaheshSamtani
  • Reviews: 250

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

MELIA ALTEA HILLS RESORT: A ROMANTIC ESCAPE

My wife and myself selected the Melia Altea HIlls for a three day stay to celebrate our 20th anniversary together. It is a peacfull, luxurious hotel on the mountains overlooking the mediterranen sea. We had a magnificient view from our balcony. We were in off season so we did not have a lot of people around and enjoyed the cusine at one of the restaurants. They have an indoor pool with water at regulated tempreture although the weather invited to the exteriors with lush gardens and various swimming pools. Great atmosphere and a hotel that I would recommend as any other hotel from the Melia group.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average