Partida Villa Gadea, Altea, Alicante Province, 03590, Spain
Hotel SH Villa Gadea
Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Altea

Me in the restaurant terraceMe in the restaurant terrace

The tea room entranceThe tea room entrance

Altea - SpainAltea - Spain

Relaxing seafront, long walks to be hadRelaxing seafront, long walks to be had

Travel Tips for Altea

Local Football

by tunisianhick

Walking from the hotel into town I discovered a local football match, which was the highlight of my Altean adventure. I wish i was sober enough to remember who was playing Altea. I do, however, remember a toothless old dude seated in back of me who enjoyed spitting sunflower hulls at my drunken ass. I can't say that I blame him.

Mascarat & Altea

by vershine

"Altea y Mascarat Muy Bonita"

Of all my travels, this is the image I always remember when I first visited Spain in 1970. At that time I was about 18 years old and with my mother. I first feasted my eyes on this divine site by stopping our auto and pulling to the side. I always knew that someday I would somehow come back. Little did I know that I would actually live here. Back then it had no name; just a view along the main road of the Costa Blanca. Now it is considered part of Altea.

"Pueblo of Altea"

As delightful jumble of white houses, narrow streets, alleys, and long flights of steps, all roads lead to, (high upon it's perch overlooking the sea) the blue-tiled domed church of La Virgen de la Consueloi, Altea is reality of everyone’s dream of old world Spain. However, looking down has an appeal too. Altea was once a Roman, Phoenician and Greek fishing village and is now an artist haven that began in the 1950's. These artisans are still living here which has been only beneficial to Altea as their presence and taste has undoubtedly kept Altea from being ruined by modern developers. I love the views throughout Altea and I have started painting to preserve the beauty of this region forever as areas will change.

"Sunset in Mascarat"

The new marina about 3KM from the old town. Each day the view changes and the sunset spectacular!

Altea

by ximo84

"My home for 2 years"

My family and I lived in Altea from August 2000 to June 2002, where I finished high school in a British college (Sierra Bernia School) while my parents were working from home on our computer. My little brother and sister spent their first year in a local spanish school (in the valenciano class). But the reason (or excuse maybe) for the 2 years in Altea was because of asthma and excema problems back in Norway and Altea's wonderful climate (although very rainy during the two years we lived there).

Altea is surrounded by the Sierra Bernia mountains which serves for nice trips and long walks. On the top of Sierra Bernia or the Calpe cliff you can actually see all the way to Ibiza. My family had some nice trips up into the mountain side where we found restaurants that people come to from far far away to enjoy the food and the view.. There are many places to visit and many roads to take, so if you have a car this is really recommended.

To make my little brother and sister's first year at school a little easier, my parents bought a conejo (bunny). The conejo was a tiny little white hairy ball, so we named her Bola de Nieve (snowball). After a few problems in the beginning (because we had no experience with conejos), she was a happy bunny living outside in the shade. But when my family had to go back to Norway for summer vacations, we had to place her somewhere where she could be taken care of. We asked Serrafin from Arca de Noe, an animal park taking care of animals with a troubled past (everything from lions and monkeys to wild snakes and dogs).. When we came back, she was such a happy bunny living in a cave up in the mountains in Guadalest with other bunnies, and we didn't have the heart to take her away.

Comments