Parador

DSwede's Profile Photo

Comfortable Business or Pleasure Stay

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 26, 2011

There are a couple hotels in Benicarlo, but the Parador has the reputation as being the best and highest quality. While its partner hotels in other cities have various amenities and star-ratings, this location is a solid 3-star and possibly 4-star depending on your room.

I've been in and out of this hotel now about 10 times, leaving every weekend and returning the subsequent week. The staff have been polite and courteous since day one, helping me with just about everything that has come up. Now that I've been staying here longer, I do not see my treatment differing other than the fact they have all my paperwork made in advance and the servers know my drinks when I walk in.

The rooms are all along one corridor, which if you get room 135~137, you will have to walk as I paced it to be three city blocks. The rooms that I've stayed in so far are in various stages of revamping but are more or less the same. The beds are firm but comfortable. You have to be very specific if you want a 'matrimonial' bed, because you will likely just get two twins.

Some rooms have a slightly damp feel if the doors/windows have been closed all day, but it quickly airs out if you open the windows.

Unique Quality: There is free Wi-Fi with a password obtained from reception. However the Wi-Fi signal is very weak and I've only found it works in a couple rooms. The reception will give you a cable for a hard connection upon request.

The breakfast buffet is good, but a bit pricey at 16Eur. If you request breakfast in advance on your room bill, it will be ~4Eur.

There is a pool, but it is only open June~September.

Directions: About 200m south of the port, along the waterfront. About 500m from the city center and cathedral.

Kettleman's Profile Photo

Sea views?

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 1, 2005

Stayed twice once in summer and again in October.

Hotel very nice with off-road parking. Good restaurant and pretty good rooms.

Unique Quality: Local food and hardly any British voices heard in the hotel. Fantastic.

Nearby Parador

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Benicarló Travel Forum

Need advice about Benicarló, Spain? Visit the Travel Forum for Benicarló and ask our Answer Gurus.

Benicarló Travel Guide