Avenida de Dr Severo Ochoa 34, Benidorm, 03503, Spain

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Thieving Liars - Stay Away

Third day into my stay I booked a massage at the hotel spa. I had my handbag with me , which I put in the spa locker and kept the key round my wrist. However during the massage, the therapist removed the key from my wrist "for purpose of massage". After the massage she left me "to relax on my own for five minutes". By the time I got back up to my room, I realised my designer sunglasses and lipgloss were missing from my bag, which I clearly remember having before going down to the spa. I reported this to reception staff who refused to accept what I was saying: "I cannot believe a colleage of mine would do this". After several attempts to speak to the increasingly elusive manager, I was told by reception staff that he did not want to see me and the only thing I could do was report the matter to the police. The hotel point blank refused to investigate the matter and repeatedly told me to contact the police, which as they are no doubt aware, involves a 20 euro round trip to spend hours in the police station waiting for an interpretor to be treated with the same disregard as I was by the hotel staff. I am absolutely disgusted at this treatment in what is supposed to be a four star hotel and I hope that by posting my experience on here I can warn other prospective travellers not to visit here. Don't get me wrong, the staff were all perfectly pleasant up until this incident but the minute you have a problem with the hotel, they close ranks and swear your life away. DISGUSTING.

More about Hotel Deloix Aqua Center

Great Family Orientated Hotel .

by TripAdvisor Member LITTLECHOPS

We have just returned from a 5 night break at the deloix Aqua Centre Benidorm. The hotel has certain positives and certain negatives in my opinion, But i still found it to be worth the money.

POSITIVES - Very Friendly staff - Very Family Orientated - Peaceful Location - Beautiful pool areas - Generally A Very Clean Hotel - Close to Some Of the main attractions such as mundomar, Aqualandia & Also very close to the bus stop.

NEGATIVES - All my room requests were ignored. Simple Requests such as a Non smoking Room + A cot was required - Dinner is not served untill 20.00pm - Food was generally awfull and always under cooked - A good 15 / 20 minute walk from the centre + beach - entertainment consisted of a man on a keyboard + occasional BINGO.......

All in all it was a nice break away and we still had a nice time at the Deloix. However, i do not reccomend anyone to go full board at this hotel unless you enjoy cold / under cooked meat.... Breakfast was great and catered for everyone. Infact i have never seen such a selection of food at any other hotel, its just a shame you cant go bed and breakfast only ..... Soft Drinks such as coke a cola are approx 1.90 euros at the hotel where as a glass of wine is just 1.50 euros..... The snack bar was not great either, although the food was cooked properly , it only extended to pizza or cheese & ham sandwich's ........
Phone calls to the UK are approx 2 euros for 3 minutes. You can get the same call for around 1 euro if you go in to town and use a booth within the exchanges........
Nice peaceful location and the bus stop is just outside...... bus charges 1 euro to any stop and arrive approx every 10 minutes or taxi's are every where and will charge around 4.5 euros in to town or back to the hotel from the beach....
Staff are very reserved and do not like people walking around in their swimming costumes or with no t.shirts on for all you men, not that we did that anyway. But i did see people getting a telling off.
You must also NEVER take your shoes off in the hotel, that is a no no , even for the kids........ Excellent facilities for the kids, lovely pool and play ground away from the adults pool so no one can complain about the noise or the splashing { as they do } ....

There is also a mini club in the afternoons with a soft play area....... Im not so sure that the rooms deserve 4 stars as they are quite basic in my opinion . The only english channel is sky news and the safe in the wardrobe needs to be paid for in advance from reception .... The safe costs about 3 euros a day, but ask reception for instructions as they were not given in the room .... rooms also have a small mini bar with a couple of soft cans of drink plus a water & a couple of beers ...... parking is available at the hotel, charges apply .

the indoor pool has a facility for disabled people to use ...... In my opinion this is a great base for relaxing and an excellent choice for the kids . I would however seriously think about eating out ......

Modern Classy Retreat in Benidorm

by TripAdvisor Member holidayaholicDorset

we have just returned from the Deloix Hotel and I can honestly say it is one of the cleanest and most comfortable hotels we have stayed in.We have children and they adored the children's pool area which had slides and fountains,right beside a large climbing frame with a safe floor underneath.It was well placed as it was away from the main pool area and this meant kids could play without disturbing anyone.We were able to sunbathe while they played safely in our sight.There is also a mini club for under 7s which is indoors and good if the weather is bad.
The main outdoor pool is lovely and very clean it was cold though as it was early in the year,but we had great weather.The indoor pools and jacuzzis were also a pleasure to use as they were warmer,you really feel as though you are at a "wellness spa",for us it was nice and quiet and some days we had the indoor pool to ourselves.
The communal parts were very modern but could do with a splash of modern art here and there,however the public cloakrooms were well furnished with ultra modern toilets etc and were also spotlessly clean.The central courtyard is a relaxing haven with tropical plants,nice and quiet for reading etc.The bedrooms were large and comfortable with wide,safe private balconies{great if you have little children}
we only have two criticisms and that is,on our arrival the aloof receptionist ignored us as we approached the desk and when we got his attention he told us that they only had one room even though we booked through a large tour operator 6 weeks before and we had booked two.He had a poor attitude but a more helpful man came to assist and we got the two rooms we had payed for! we only got two meals that evening though because of their mistake ,so 3 of us had no meal.The reception staff could do with customer service training as they seem very casual and not at all customer focussed.
The other criticism is of the dining hall waiting staff who before you have sat down ,rush over and ask what drinks you want{house wine 8 euros]they also take your plates/cups away from under your nose before you have even finished sometimes,many times I returned to find my plate gone and even some of the wine which I had intended to finish!They could be seen as rude not attentive.
Overall the food was good but the food at the Pueblo Benidorm is better because the quality of meat and fish is nicer but I still enjoyed the food.
If you like nice furnishings and clean accomodation with good pool facilities the Deloix won't dissapoint,We would go back again for a rest.

Great time

by TripAdvisor Member kljp1

Just come back from two week family holiday at the Deloix and we had a really enjoyable time there. Not too keen on Benidorm itself but the hotel made up for it and we were glad of the quieter situation where the hotel is (about 15 mins walk to the lively areas and main beaches).
We hired a car for the two weeks - parking on the roads around the hotel was not a problem. Had some great city days out - Valencia, Alicante & Murcia and some good trips out into the mountains and to surrounding beaches out of Benidorm.
The room was bright and clean and the balcony was a good size which is useful when you have young children with you. The only British channels on the TV were Sky News and BBC news.
The main pool, the childrens pool and play areas were fantastic - very clean.
The entertainment at night was okay to keep the kids entertained for an hour or two - there were Bingo nights, a parrot show, acrobat shows, that type of thing.
All I can say about the food is that it was fantastic, we had been worried by some reviews before we went reading that some people were going into Benidorm to eat elsewhere. I personally cannot believe that anyone would not be able to find something nice to eat from the big selection of freshly made and varied hot and cold selection. We ate lots of seafood, salads, freshly grilled meats & fish, pasta dishes, rice and vegetable dishes. For our fussy kids there was always plain pasta, chips, grilled meats, fish and pasta sauces. The sweets were amazing and again a great selection as well as lots of fresh fruits. The Breakfast was good too with a varied selection of hot and cold food.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our two weeks at the Deloix.

A good choice

by TripAdvisor Member thegoodwitch

We were attracted to this hotel by previous reviews which promised peace and quiet, and clean, modern surroundings. The Deloix definately delivered. Its a fair bit out of Benidorm, which suited us fine. The bus, which is frequent and cheap, stops at the door.

Our room was large and quiet with a lovely modern bathroom. We had to pay a daily fee for the safe, and there were no tea-making facilities, but this was the only thing missing.

The pool area was pleasant with plenty of loungers. To use the indoor pool you need to wear a swimming hat which was a step too far for me.

The public areas were attractive with plants and plenty of seating. They were well kept during the day, but as early risers we found the public toilets weren't touched by the cleaners till well after 8 oclock. Dirty dishes from dinner were also left out till breakfast time in an area of the restaurant. I don't know if this is typical in Spanish hotels, or if this one was just a bit short staffed.

We ate breakfast and dinner in the restaurant and found the food well cooked and varied. Breakfast doesn't start till 8, which seems quite late, although they will arrange an early one if you have an early checkout.

The bar and snack bar staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the prices were reasonable. There seemed to be some entertainment in the evenings but we turned in about 10pm so missed it.

The only complaint we had was regarding an extremely surly receptionist. According to his name badge he was called Carlos. Unlike the rest of the staff, this man had missed the customer service part of his training. We were having our breakfast on our last morning and had been allowed into the dining room half an hour early as we had a plane to catch. I helped myself to some melon from the buffet and was verbally abused by Carlos as apparently "you are not allowed to eat the fruit till 8am". He actually rushed over from reception to try to remove the plate of melon from me.

Apart from this small minded individual we enjoyed our stay and would consider using the Deloix again.

Sleek Quality hotel - superb value

by TripAdvisor Member suncalv

Just had a superb week at the Deloix. Very sleek, superbly designed low rise hotel, with every facility you could want. A mile apart from the horrid 30 storey egg boxes throughout the rest of the resort. Food was excellent - we arrived late and they even had a cold platter and drinks waiting for us when we arrived !! Rooms lovely with flat screen TV, atrium with plants everywhere, and sited in a residential location away from the main noise and hubub. Very classy and elegant. Contrary to the other reviews I found the staff formal and professional. Only fault was that the jacuzzis werent working, but all else was absolutely spot on, huge balconies and stocked fridge in the rooms with great air conditioning fully working and not turned off at times as in some hotels. Mostly spanish staying there which was fine. The food was superb with something for everyone, plenty seafood, meatss cooked on the spot, and lots fo fruit and quality deserts. Breakfasts equally as good. Room service courteous and efficient. What more can I say, it's a shame its in Benidorm as we thought the resort itself was pretty awful !! Entertainment typical shallow holiday stuff, but if you get yourself in the mood it can be good family fun !! Thourougly recommended, dont listen to the odd negative review here - and they arent paying me !!.We booked via XL.com and got a week for 4 adults 1 child for only £1400 !!! Very happy......

A bit bland

by TripAdvisor Member scotsman57

Stayed for 4 nights Half Board in April 2007. Late check-in was good with a cold meal waiting in the restaurant. Hotel is fairly new and rooms are clean and spacious but do lack tea/coffee and ironing facilities. The meals are buffet style with breakfast being better than the evening meal which was only average in my opinion.
Situated a little out of the main tourist areas which is not a problem if you have a car.
Overall, a reasonable hotel at a reasonable price albeit a little 'bland'. Having said that I would stay there again if ever in Benidorm again.

lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member trooper01

Lovely hotel, rooms were spacious and clean.
The pool area was great and when we were there 20th-27thMay 07 on a full board basis it wasn't very busy during the week. Loads of sun loungers and the pool area was spotlessly clean.
However, the food was a disgrace, pork seems to be the prefered meat in this hotel as it was served everyday and was not cooked properly, loads of fish dishes if you like fish. Our party of 9 ate out on several ocassions it was either that or chip butties!
Entertainment left a lot to be desired the resident key board player/singer wasn't all that good and he was on every night.
As I said before a lovely hotel, quiet and a bit out of town (which suited us)
However there was a wedding party on Saturday and the party went on till around 4am on the sunday morning the noise was bad.
Apart from that I would probably stay here again only for lovely clean rooms and pool

a pleasant experience

by TripAdvisor Member janbonanna

we have just returned from this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. yes it is a bit out of town but nothing that a 20 minute walk won't solve. the rooms were very clean and modern with a flat screen television and all chrome fittings. there were plenty of sockets if you neede them and 2 really large mirrors. the food was perhaps not the most exciting in the world but there was a good choice each day, but more importantly what there was was hot and edible. it did appear fairly quiet the week we were there and certainly no problem getting a sunbed although parasols were a bit thin on the ground. the pool was spotless and the areas around cleaned every day. the staff were friendly and most could manage a bit of english. all in all I was very happy with my stay and would go back again

HOTEL DELOIX AQUA CENTRE, BENIDORM

by Royace

"HOLIDAY NIGHTMARE"

My partner and I had really good holiday in Benidorm. This was our first visit there and we were most impressed, not what we expected. It was very clean and lots to do. We stayed in the hotel Deloix which I believe was built last year 2004. The only down side was that it was a 35 minute walk to the beach, but buses did stop outside so was'nt a real problem.
We visited the tallest hotel in Europe, The Grand Bali and went to viewing gallery on the roof, fantastic ! but on using the outside glass lift we got stuck on the 37th floor for half an hour ! not a good experience.
Our weather for that week was superb and everything was still open and the service we got in the bars and restaurants were very good.

"OUR LIFT EXPERIENCE"

The picture shows the outside lifts of the Grand Bali Hotel, which we were left in for 30 minutes.

Comments