Avenida Derramador 6, Benidorm, Alicante Province, 03500, Spain

Costs 41% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Hotel Rosamar

not the best hotel

by TripAdvisor Member taylort

just returned from a 5 night stay at hotel Rosamar. Not the best hotel we,ve stayed at in Benidorm. The pool and sun bathing area is lovely, all the beds are spaced out with wide walk ways inbeteen,not the usual sardines packed together.The reception and bar area was spotless, but having said that hardly anyone went to the bar for a drink [the waiters were the happiest people].reception staff were just ok, not frienldly, but not rude.Bedrooms clean, but our sheets were not changed once in 5 nights. Most hotels change them every day. The air con was rubbish ,it blew out air but it was,nt cold.The restaurant was large and really cool [ the air con worked there then]the food was good most nights, only once we could,nt find anything we liked.But the staff were awful, they barely acknowlenged you, untill the third night the manager showed up and went around the resturent speaking with staff and watching,the next day it was all good evening sir, enjoy your meal etc doing what their getting paid for. This is the first time we have had rudeness from any hotel in Benidorm and we have been to loads. Benidorm was brilliant as usual, so back to Ambassidor playa next time.

beware

by TripAdvisor Member gray31

returned form the hotel rosamar on tuesday 4th september my wife son and daughter room was ok, view not bad. first time half board food was good hotel was very clean children loved the pool area. people say benidrom is like Blackpool at night and thay are right pubs and clubs and people wanting money all the time. We also had our room broken into and we had money taken and also my sons spending money which he had saved up all year was taken, also another couple had items taken from there room and the manger did not want to no. SO BEWARE

ok but there are better hotels

by TripAdvisor Member bevviecheshire

Just returned from hotel Rosamar ..First the possatives the hotel pool is fantastic for kids, the kids section is large and has a walk in section ,hotel rooms are clean but rather cramped with 3 beds in it (but expected this )Food is a difficult one as everyone is different but food was very repetative we went full board and TRIFLE appeared every lunchtime and every evening without fail .
Had a recommendation to go to this hotel so it shows you how people differ. We have travelled to benidorm several times and have been spoilt by the Hotel Calypso and Hotel Venus .
Hotel staff did not seen to have any enthusiasm for their job I am mainly referring to Reception staff who we always stern looking and never smiled during our stay, also serving staff in restaurant looked as though oh just another load of tourists want feeding at the zoo.Sunbeds if you are not down by 8.00 when they open the doors forget it, if you are not in the first 8 in the queue then forget any sunshade as well as they only have 8 ....Overall the hotel does have some problems as I said earlier the pool area is fantastic but do not think I would return to hotel especialy when there are so many hotels in Benidorm to choose from, a hotel needs to be on top of its game to gain repeat business.

FOOD

by TripAdvisor Member diasppointed

Just come back from a stay here (until 12/6/07). No luggage handlers. Elderly will struggle. No one taking you to room. Basic service. Lift broke down while there. People stuck in it for 6 mins. Received towels which did not reach bath size. holes as big as apples and rough. Couldn't use TV unless paid for remote control. Not enough shade for pool. Could not get near pool for all the towels. Food was BLAND BLAND BLAND. All tasted samey and was cold. Fruit left turning brown. Cheap food. Orange Juice was 'sunny delight' in Spain, Land of Oranges! No seasoning to food. Self service and slow in clearing tables/ Not enough staff to cope in restaurant. Ran out of bacon for Breakfast. Beans every other day. Ran out of chops for dinner. Not fast in getting more out. Tea was horrid. you need to take your own.

NIGHTMARE.\\\

by TripAdvisor Member harrypotter2007

just returned from a weeks stay with my husband 2 children and my brother and his family.Firstly the food was nothing to praise i have had a lot better.Not a lot to choose from.This was my 7th time in benidorm as i really like the resort but wont return to this hotel.We got our rooms broken into and lost quite a lot belonging to my son.They also broke into my brothers room and another partys room on the same night.When we went to report it they told us the manager would be in the next morning we said thats not good enough we want the police.The manager never came to see us the rest of our stay.So if you are going to stay at this hotel BE AWARE.

Loved the closeness to the nightlife and beach

by TripAdvisor Member XabiAlonso

This hotel was a complete surprise to me and my two other 21 year old friends as we got a really cheap deal £89 for a week, half board! At first we were daunted by the browness of the bedrooms but after we adjusted to that we were very comfortable in our exceptionally clean (thank you maids!) room.
Walk a minute to your right and two minutes to your left you are at the main square of nightlife, no need for taxis.
Walk a minute to your left and you are at the beach, long strip of golden sand.
The food was good, i'm a vegetarian so there was not much for me to eat but that pretty much applies to everywhere i go on holiday; my carnivore friends however were pleasantly surprised by the food.
TV will only work with a remote. You do not have to buy it! You leave a 20 Euro deposit which is fully refundable. I wouldnt bother though they only have news in english, and you shouldn't be watching TV on holiday anyway i was an exception as i was poorly sick :)( nothing to do with the hotel mind!).
The lift is the only problem i can think of. As we were on floor 13 (there are 14 floors) it took a while waiting for lifts at peak hours (this was not a problem when we strolled in at 5 or 6 oclock in t' mornin) It would be so much easier if people on floors 1-5 would just make use of the stairs (this is not aimed at the elderly.)
Oh and we got kicked out of our room at 12 and the pick up was not until 1030 and 40 Euros was the asking price to keep the room on until eight o clock. We declined, but they offered us a room to shower and change in and the use of a beautifully decorated reception area with loads of comfy coaches to nap on.
Overall though all three of us were happy with the Rosamar, maybe that had something to do with the price but really, there is nothing to complain about and we spoke to people who go back year ...after year...after year!

Ignore bad reviews!I loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member Hatebeingbackathome

Myself and friends were very happy with the rosamar.Very clean and staff very friendly and enjoy banter.

Food was also gorgeous...don't know how others can complain as they have lots on offer....even my veggie friend didnt have any problems.

The Rosamar is two seconds away from nightlife and beach. Lots of friendly brits at the poolside. Really enjoyed myself here and would come back.

Only thing....the lifts take ages!!! We were top floor and it goes so slow!!! Other than that....FANTASTIC!!

Great Hotel Fantastic location

by TripAdvisor Member eden218

We have just returned from a very pleasant stay and very surprised at the hotel as read bad reviews before we went. The rooms were clean and we had fresh towels every day. We found the food very good and the Steak and Kidney Pie was gorgeous. The pool area was good but as always you had to be up early to get a bed and a lot of them stayed empty for the biggest part of the day.
The only downside to the hotel were the lifts very hot (the fans didn't work very well) and very slow/!!
The location was spot on all the night life you can wish for right on the doorstep.
We liked it so much we are going again in November.

Good honest value for money hotel

by TripAdvisor Member rubyrougered

Considering what we paid for a family of four half board in July I thought this hotel represented great value. Remember this is an inexpensive 3 star hotel in Bendiorm, not Gleneagles! (NB Globespan was over £1000 cheaper than Thomson!). On the plus side, very clean and well maintained, food plentiful and varied -yes, daily trifle but also fruit, cake, yoghurts, hot puddings, mousses, pastries, rice puddings etc etc. Two choices of soup, several salad options and four or five main course options, all of which differed day to day. Bottle of wine and two drinks for children at dinner - 7euros 20 isn't bad! Rooms adequate size, good hot showers, clean towels every day, beds changed regularly. Indoor spa lovely, and very well situated for the fabulous beach, nightlife, and cafes. Any criticisms are really just minor irritations. Brown and bottle green colour scheme in the room a bit dated, sunbeds reserved by 7.45am (then never lain on all day - what's that all about??), entertainment pretty dire (day and evening), lifts slow and hot, reception staff a bit dour, but nothing that would annoy me greatly. First time in Benidorm and very pleasantly surprised, would definitely go back. Plenty shops, great live entertainment in bars, wide tree lined street,s broad promenade, pavements washed and swept daily, local buses (spotless and aircondidtioned) 1 euro anywhere you want to go. One word of warning - watch out for the betting on the pea under the three potatoes trick. A guy sets up a carboard box and invites you over to bet on where pea is. Everyone around about is in on the scam - the guys 'winning', the people egging you on to bet, the heavies in the background watching out for the police.

What a disspointment

by TripAdvisor Member greencastle

I last went to this hotel in 2003 and decided to revisit. I failed to keep the old adage (never go back).
If you want a hotel that is dated, terrible food,dirty rooms,and unhelpful rude staff, then this is the hotel for you.
I have stayed in Benidorm for the past 10 years and have tried at least 5 hotels but this is the worst. Although this hotel has built built a gym and indoor pool the staff have remained bedded in the old additude of the 70s. With the concept of customer service being alien to them.
The public rooms are kept to a reasonable standard but the bedrooms leave a lot to be dirsired . The lifts are also constantly breaking down, and in the diningroom you will be extremely lucky to find a cleared table, but to be honest with the food they serve, it is not worth the bother.
If like me you save up all year for your holiday don,t be dissapointed and spend your hard earned cash elsewhere.

rosamar hotel

by dotshand

hi,

has anyone stayed at the rosamar hotel?

RE: rosamar hotel

by Little_princess

Hi

I stayed in this hotel over christmas

I have been to benidorm many of times and this was the first time we stayed at Rosamar - and the best hotel i have atayed in. its clean spacious, the staff are friendly - im 19 years old - the hotel had quite alot of old people in but all sre friendly. Theres lots to do in Benidorm anyway.

If you go theres a bar man called Marcos - tell him Antonia said hello for me!!

Comments