Calle Estocolmo 4, Benidorm, Alicante Province, 03500, Spain

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Blackpool in Spain

I took my 14 year old daughter for a 4 day break on the 25th August 2009.
    The food was excellent and as an "ex caterer," I am rather particular!
    The staff were brilliant, very friendly and welcoming to a "single mum". They also took the time to talk to me as I made the effort to speak holiday spanish. The large room was kept clean, fresh towels daily and the necessary air conditioning was extremely effective. The pool is a good size, plenty of sunbeds though not alot of shade.
    The entertainment was a bit sporadic during the day but the evening entertainment was quite good and fairly professional.
    A stones throw from the beach and all the shops, bars etc.
    The only drawback to this hotel are the 4 lifts. They accommodate only 6 people and as they serve 17 floors, a wait is inevitable.
    As a first time visitor to Benedorm, I was horrified at how built up it is, and rather ugly. But if you want to stay in Benedorm then I think this hotel should be a strong contender!!

Unique Quality: Great food, large clean rooms, very friendly and helpful staff.

• 4 Star Hotel?

This hotel is advertised as a 4-star high quality hotel offering a wide range of facilities.
    Reception is clean smart looking and staff are efficient. a total of 4 small lifts service the hotel, 2 for even numbered floors and 2 for odd numbered floors. These lifts are not suitable for the volume of guests as they only carry a maximum of 6 people, so at meal times be prepared for a lengthy wait or alternatively a long treck to the dining hall. The dining hall is well equipped, clean and bright, staff are excellent and friendly, the food is good quality and well cooked and presented, however if staying for more than a week it becomes a bit boring due to lack of choices as there is only one theme mael per week (normally chineese).
    The pool area is small for the number of guests although this is typical of Benidorm. If you want a sunbed then be there at 8am leave it until 9am and you will miss out for the day. The guest rooms are very dissapointing and really require a update and decoration and certainly NOT 4-star, and would only say 2 to 3 star at best. The real problem with this hotel is the airconditioning, its non-existant and doesn't work in quite a lot of the rooms. We requested something be done at reception but when I spoke with the engineer he admitted it hadn't worked properly for many years and suggested we purchase a fan at a local store. After 2 sleepless nights with room temperatures in the mid 80's during the night and above this during the day we bought a fan from the local store only to be asked by the assistant if we were staying the the Los Damatas as we guests were one of his best customers (fan cost around 14 euros and good quality).
    Overall we would not recommend this hotel to anyone because of the constant hot temperatures and sleepless nights.

Directions: Lavante beach area

More about Los Dalmatas Hotel

Hotel Los Dalmatas

by TripAdvisor Member asti

Hotel was good and the food excellent, the hotel is definately not 4 star but by Spanish standards would qualify. The resort of benidorm is a dump, people compare it to Blackpool that's unfair on B;ackpool, Every shop sells the same tat, not even Spanish tat it's all Chinese rubbish. There are so many skyscrapers it's like New York but without the excitment. Once you have done the beach you have done it all, there is nothing else.

Las Dalmatas

Having just stayed at this hotel,7/06/06 to 14/06/06 I would like to say this is NOT a 4 Star hotel as stated in the holiday brochures,maybe rated 4 star by the large intake foreign guests, but in my own view it isn,t.The lifts up to the floors are a complete JOKE, having to wait up to 20 minutes for the lift to arrive if your lucky and if you are unfortunate to have a room number which is an odd number you then only have one lift to TRY and use as one was contantly breaking down so being on the 11th floor was to say the least a pain in the backside.The food was edible but not 4 stsr.the entertainment at night time was a JOKE also,I have never seen so many glum faces sat in the hotel bar.THIS HOTEL IS ONE THAT I WILL NOT BE STAYING AT AGAIN

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mazz127

my husband and i stayed at los dalmatas for our anniversary and we loved it. The rooms are a bit small although they were very clean. Food was excellent and there was a lot of variety. They location of the hotel was what made it for us, you anly have to step outside and you're practically on the beach and ther is loads of great pups in that area. This was only our second visit to Benidorm but we will defenately be back to Los Dalmatas.

I really liked this hotel

it was very clean and the food was good.Only a few minutes from the beach,also some good bars close by.The lifts were a bit slow sometimes but that was mostly at mealtimes.The staff were very friendly and polite,if i go back to Benidorm i would stay at Los Dalmatas.

loved the food

i would return to dalmatas . four of us came here 9th April for a week we all loved it although weather wasnt hot enough that time of year would come again later on in the year.The food was well presented and nice and hot.The staff was pleasant.Didnt stay in hotel in the evenings so cant coment on entertainment.The lifts we had to always wait ages for them to come that was the only down fall but really enjoyed our stay .

great location

by TripAdvisor Member beachboybill

My wife and i stayed at Los Dolmatas on a 5 day holiday during Jan 2006, hotel was good value, food was very good, located at far end of Levante area but near all shops,clubs bars all close to hotel.
A wee problem with the lifts you can wait a while on one.
rooms a bit basic but bar and lounges are very good.
We had a good time at Los Dolmatas, staff were very helpful would go back anytime

The facts

6 of us travelled. My wife and I with 18 month old, my mother, my grandmother and grandfather - a mix of generations.
On arrival - looked nice, but you take your own bags up to the room. Loads of floors, four lifts, 2 go to even number two to odd numbers... The doors open and then shut immediately, normally knocking the elders over! 6 person capacity only. Lift passed me seven times whilst waiting on my floor for one. Is clean, is dated, i.e dark varnished wood in rooms, bits and bobs missing, lots of cracks in ceiling. I thought it was overpriced a little, travelled with thompsons. They have done the bare minimum to get a four star rating e.g. tea and coffee out of machine, not served to you. No sauce on tables, brown sauce available if asked for, red out of sachets. Double basin in rooms, but not what you imagine. Food to very good standard but not really for younger children. My grandparents loved it, massive breakfast, 3 course lunch and 3 course dinner!! eat what you want. No problems getting seated, they've got the food side of things fairly sorted. We fell out with our room maid. Our baby was ill, and was sick in his cot. I put all soiled things in bag and took out matress and gave it to maid personally asking for change - unbeknown to her I had marked the matress to make sure it was changed as it had been soaked through. That afternoon, the room had been done. i checked and she had put the same matress back. I confronted her and doors were slammed and things weren't to great. Not what I'd really expect. I am fair with my remarks and say if you are over 40, like your food, don't mind how modern things are as long as they are clean, then this will suit you as long as you pay what it is worth and dont pay over the odds. I have travelled alot and in my opinion this hotel would only reach a 3 star in UK so dont expect anything better. Hotel is very close to beach - 1 min walk or so, but being close to that and a very busy main road means alot of noise at night - take your ear plugs. Benidorm itself - nice enough - nothing special - a tourist town at the end of the day. Nice people, plenty of tack shops and some nicer ones too. Great beach, good weather, take a trip to the old town - 1 euro on the bus or 20 minute walk along the front. Have a look. Remember over 40's ish - great - you know what I mean and no disrespect meant. Children dont really fit in too well. Mine was one of two in the entire hotel.
I did have a nice week, would go back to benidorm but probably not the hotel. Feel free to ask any questions.

Fantastic place to stay!!

Im 17 years of age and i have been going to benidorm and the same hotel for the last 8 years. i think that this hotel is ideal for all sorts of people! at the end of that day all these people that write crap reviews have nothing better to do because they did not have the holiday that they expected. so if you have never been to the Hotel Los Dalamtas you should really consider it as there are loads of things to do even for babies.

The beach is just outside the hotel, there are pubs just next door, there are BABY facilities everywhere and much much more to do! take it from me the Hotel los Dalamas is a very clean and well established place to stay!

christmas?

by skagmash

Hi can anybody recommend a good hotel for a middle aged couple to spend Christmas week in in Benidorm please? Good food is the important thing to us and would like to be at the Levante end of town.

Re: christmas?

by Naburn

Although I haven't been at Christmas, I can recommend the Sol Pelicanos for location and food, they have a good choice and it's always fresh and hot.

Re: christmas?

by slalomman

Yes the Pelicanos is a great hotel in a good position,another one is the Los Dalmatas with a coule of good pubs nearby,the Whitehorse and the Plaza

Have a great time