Calle Ruzafa 14, Benidorm, Alicante Province, 03500, Spain

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Basil the Rat

(Shudder) Yuk, it's all coming back....

Andrea and I booked this purely for the all-inclusive element, as we both shall we say, liked a drink. After booking, Andrea discovered she was expecting, so bang went that element of the holiday.

Speaking of bangs, she was almost 6 months gone at the date of departure and it was bloody hot there as well (we went in August).

I made the ultimate mistake of eating the salads AND the oily stuff, and had to spend 2 whole days running to the bogs. Food wasn't the best we've tasted, but the beer was OK and on tap.

They're part of the 'Amigos' chain of hotels where apparently you can walk into one of the other ones and not have to pay for a beer, although we never tried it. The pool was on top of the hotel (not much space in Benidorm for things like pools) which took some getting used to, but some nice views from up there.

Unique Quality: There was a bleeding mechanical horse that revolved and never shut up, squeaking until about 10pm at night (it had been going about 16 hours a day at that point), and talking of squeaks, one of Cristal Parks 'Unique Qualities' was that there were mice running about the dining rooms. Yes, MICE. Only small ones mind you, easily killed with a swift swipe of a flip-flop. But mice all the same.

We also went on a trip to the usual leather/shoe factory plus chocolate factory and at the latter, a workman was smoking over the top of the vat!

Overall I would NOT recommend this hotel - it may have improved in 8 years, but when we went back last year I saw it and immediately felt sick again.

Directions: Follow the Pied Piper.

Or the smell.

More about Magic Cristal Park Hotel

brilliant location

by TripAdvisor Member janeds

Just returned from a week at Cristal Park - had brilliant time. After reading negative reviews was a little apprehensive on arrival. Hotel is dated but has ambience - not just a concrete block. Rooms are tired and could do with updating but very spacious and clean - bed linen and towels spotless. Very good value for all-inclusive - food fabulous! Staff friendly and helpful. Location excellent - just on edge of old/new town, good for either. We were lucky enough to have great weather so sunbathed on rooftop terrace often where there were plenty of beds available and a bar for those all-important drinks! Already looking to book for next year!

Had A Great Time!!

by TripAdvisor Member PAULFIEDINBURGH

I was recommended this hotel and its chain by a friend who had used it for many years. I stayed in the Cristal Park for a week with my 4 year old daughter. Taking a child away as a single parent can be daunting to say the least. I was apprehensive about how the guests in the hotel would be comprised. This hotel was not full of lager louts or roudy yobs. It was firmly family based and was strict on its alcohol sale. This allowed a relaxed and peacful atmosphere in the bars in which children could be safe and happy. I found the food to be excellent and wide in variety. The dining staff were kind and helpful and were always happy to assist me. The room I had was on the 7th floor, it was clean, quiet and was just what I needed. The pool area was clean, safe and relatively quiet. Just what I needed with a small child in tow. We took full advantage of visiting other hotels in the chain, particularly The Excallibur. My only gripe would be the early finish of the courtesy coach (around 4.30pm), this meant a taxi home if you wanted to sample any of the evening goings on. For what we paid for this holiday, it was excellent value for money. I shall be recommending this hotel and the chain for the future and look forward to re-booking for next year.

PH, Edinburgh

Below 3 Star

by TripAdvisor Member CHEZSt.helens

We stayed at the CRISTAL PARK on 3 june to 10,2006. This was our third time at this hotel, first in 2001. Then it was a fantastic hotel but now its very very jaded. The room was small and dirty, not cleaned to decent standard, but fresh towels daily, no air con not very nice with 18 month old baby. No cot in room on arrival (we requested this at time of booking). Patio door was broke, asked to have it fixed, it was not. The safe was NOT bolted down, it was just glued on a shelf in wardrobe.The maid was ok. The other staff at hotel were friendly and some were not. A lot favoured the spanish guests. I was always able to get a drink at the bar with no problem, never waited long. Gave bar staff couple euros, helped a lot. Pool on the roof of hotel, pool itself very small. Also sunloungers and a bar on roof. Gym not very good. The one good thing about the hotel is the food is of a very good standard and plenty of variety, and always hot which is a good sign. Hotel only a minute walk to the beach. The beach is fantastic, very clean. Being a MAGIC HOTEL you can go to all the other MAGIC HOTELS in benidorm and use their facilites. There are about 6 or seven hotels. Benidorm itself has a buzzing nightlife,bars clubs restaraunts of all cuisines tastes and budgets The old town is very nice, narrow cobbled streets, quaint buildings, lovely prom etc. Lots of real local tapas bars. One Really good ENGLISH bar with great food, friendly staff is SHERRYS BAR. There is a really googd theme park here, TERRA MITICA, with lots of rides and shows for all ages, great fun for kids. Also a huge waterpark in benidorm.

wot a joke

by TripAdvisor Member dinny06

chaos tryin to book in the hotel. then when we go in to the hovel with twin beds and 1 sofa bed to accomadate 4 adults.

things went from bad 2 worse as the air con was not only very loud but didnt work and leaked all over the sofa bed havin to have it changed twice in 2 days and then to solve the problem they turned the air con off. shower was wobbling all over the bath and the rooms were never cleaned. bedding changed twice in 2 weeks. when the people upstairs had a shower we got all the dirty water in our bath. the staff were miserable all the time with english guests and spanish came first. 1 drink per card never known anything like it.

A young girl had to be rushed to hospital due to a rash which ended up being an infection from the pool !!

we have now served our time and are home.

thank god never ever again !!!

not as good as before

by TripAdvisor Member liam&michelle

i wrote a glowing review for this hotel 2 years ago.
all i can say is what a difference 2 years makes.
the nice freindly staff they had before seem to have gone
(excluding the restaraunt staff ,they where polite and efficent especially the matre dee ?)

if you book this hotel do not book a room on the 7th floor ,if you get there and find you are on the 7th floor ask to get moved,its ok to be on the 7th floor during the day but after 7.00 pm there are no lifts to that floor and you have to get off on the 6th floor and walk up.

do not e mail the hotel with a request before you travel ,i did to ask for a fan to be ready for me on my arrival and they did not have me one even though they received my e mail.

two of the four lifts are real dodgy (they have warning notices on them) so stay out of them.
they advertise a sauna ,yes they have a sauna but it does not work and is used as a store room.

room service is ok ,you get clean rooms and towels etc,but the maids come round at 9.15 am ring the door buzzer once and then just walk straight in (no good if you are nacked or something else).

during our two weeks whilst we where there the spainish people where on holiday and i was bewilderd when i saw that some of the function rooms where for them only (recomended).we also noted that the spainish where given preferential tretment at the bars.(getting more drinks on there all inclusive cards then we could).

i do think this hotel is good and would still recomend it,but i beleive it is not as good as it used to be.

You Will Hate This Filthy Dump Dont Go !!!!

by TripAdvisor Member trueys

Having waited eagerly to be told which hotel we were to be going to after booking a "magic monica " selection we ended up at this so called 3 *** delapidated scruffy dump.
If you read some of the other reviews you will gather a few points made in despair about this place - so dont go, its as easy as that. If YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO CONTACT YOUR HOLIDAY COMPANY DO IT NOW AND DEMAND A CHANGE OF HOTEL !!
Unless of course you are prepared for this lot : 1: Dirty room with dirty toilets/bathroom 2: Battered old thin uncomfortable beds 3: A room overlooking the main very busy very noisy street 4: Filthy windows 5 : Kettles and fridges that dont work and are dirty 6 : No balconys 7 : Only 2 very tatty lifts 8 : A tiny dingey dirty pool on the 7th floor 8 : A roof terrace from the arc 9 : A large dining room but not big eneough 10 : Cold food mostly stodgy and tasteless 11 : Be prepared to wait untill your lucky eneough to knock someone out the way to grab a seat to eat by which time your slightly warm food is now cold. 12 : I could go on and on but you should have grasped the griff by now.
If you are unluck eneough to end up here then demand to be moved , we did and were moved to the monica abeit a busride out of town but a great hotel. And by the way if you stop here take loads of extra dosh as you will need it to buy decent food and drinks as its 100% impossible to get the slightest of a glow on here its coloured water . GOOD LUCK !!

Cheap and cheerful!

by TripAdvisor Member Miss_G_London

When you are paying 235 for a weeks stay including flights you certainly get what you paid for! When we were there the roof in the restaurant caved in and the bookings were chaos. Loads of groups were split up and sent to other hotels in the group with NO compensation given!!! Had to wait until around four thirty to get into our room which had it not been for the alll inclusive drinks would have been a nightmare:) Were allocated two rooms which once we walked into foudn that they were occupied! Once we got our room found it to be clean and nice and big with daily maid service. The staff are ok but the manager is incredibly rude and if you have any problems in the hotel he refuses to speak to you. One client went to speak to him and he started kicking his furniture! Best bet is to speak to member of staff at reception. Bar staff are good apart from one lady with long blonde hair Beware if you are served by her!!! Most unpleasant bar memeber that any of our group had ever had anywhere!! Food is ok if you can get over the stench in the restaurant (though i was only one in our group that it bothered and really noticed) seems to be a very bad sewerage problem in this hotel as with villa del mar. Choice is very good and good selection of english style food. If you want spanish food then not the place for you!
So as long as you are going realising that the price is that for a reason and you are going to take advantage of the 24 hour bar and central location you wont be disspointed.
Would i go again? No, but if you are looking for cheap and cheerful and are on a budget would reccommend it as you can not only use that hotel but others in the group and bar is open 24hrs a day which can only be a good thing if only to calm down after having to deal with the manager!!! Oh and the parrot and reptlie shows are really good and if you are into northern working club style singers then you will be pleased.
All in all had a brilliant week as clientele were really friendly and spent no money and rediscovered the joys of drinking!!

ps. If you go in fiesta week as we did expect to get no sleep as fireworks and bangers on all day and all night (4am!!) and nightclub tent right next to hotel which goes on until 7am. Go from last day (wednesday) when there is an out of this world firework display on poniente beach which we saw last year.

Miss G London

We had a fabulous time

by TripAdvisor Member The-Toffee-Taffies

I stayed here November 2006 in a party of 20. Ages ranging between 13 months and 68 years. We actually went for my niece's 21st birthday

I'll start at the beginning....................

On arrival of the hotel, we promptly booked in at reception and had no problems at all bearing in mind how many of us there were.

The Rooms are, I suppose, a bit small but they were definitely kept clean on a daily basis. I would have been happier with a bigger room as I was staying with my partner, our 3 year old daughter and 13 month old daughter, so it would have been nice to have a bigger room, but we definitely managed. One couple in our party certainly pulled the long straw, they ended up staying in one of suites (this is a two bedroomed room with it's own lounge), so they were certainly happy.

The food - Well this certainly couldn't be faulted. Believe me, I'm a fussy eater (and so are a number of people in our party) but none of us were disappointed with the food at all. You have got to have the Sunday Roast (not quite as good as Mother's cooking, but certainly one of the best I've ever had in a hotel in Spain).

The pool was very disappointing. I wouldn't have been very happy had I gone in the summer months. But there again, the beach is only 5 minutes walk away so we would have gone down the beach. But at the time we went the pool wasn't heated so we couldn't use it. we dind't really have the best of weather either. We were staying during the only couple of days rain that Benidorm had during November. Typical I know, but there you go. The weather certainly didn't stop us having some fun.

We had some excellent fun downstairs in the evening. The entertainment is typical spanish hotel entertainment. IE, Michael Jackson, Flamenco Dancers, Parrot Show, Karaoke etc.

I must agree with one of the other people who have left a review. The lady behind the bar with the blonde is very very rude. Mind you, I did manage to get one smile out of her during the holiday (but to be honest I think one of the barmen pinched her bum, so maybe the smile wasn't quite for me after all).

We enjoyed this holiday so much that we are going back again next week (January 17th). 20 of us are going again and each and every one of us are looking forward to it. In fact, 3 members of our party who are returning next week wasn't even supposed to be coming back with us, but they enjoyed themselves so much in November that they are now coming back again - so i think that tells you something doesn't it.

Watch this space - i will keep you all updated when i return from my next visit and let you know how it goes.

I highly recommend this hotel. Don't get me wrong, its far from being like the Ritz but it's definitely on a par with lots of other hotels I've stayed in in Spain. In fact, it's a lot better than a lot of hotels I've stayed in in Spain. It's in an excellent location (although you won't think this when your coach/taxi drops you off) but all you need to do is come out of the hotel, turn left and follow the path downwards and wheyhey you've got shops galore. Go a lttle further and you've got the best part of the beach in Bendiorm.

Miss E South Wales

Great place for a short break

by TripAdvisor Member McChef22

Hotel is very central in Benidorm therefore street noise can be a nuisance. Advise booking on the seventh floor if possible to lessen noise ( these rooms also have fab balconies). The food is the best by a mile that I have had at a 3 star hotel & the staff are excellent. Probably not a hotel for high season but excellent for an off season break. Roof top terrace has great veiws & is a sun trap.

Hotel Magic Cristal Park Benidorm

by IHenderson

Can anyone supply any up to date on this hotel and the sister hotels. Any comments would be much appreciated. Thank you. IHenderson

Re: Hotel Magic Cristal Park Benidorm

by IHenderson

ranger49, thank you for your information regarding Hotel Cristal Park, I will take a look at the relevant items, once again thank you. IHenderson.

Comments