Magic Rock Gardens

Magic Aqua Rock Gardens
Booking.com Travelocity Tingo.com

Costs 91% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• free booze

My stay was far too short, it was only a week. its all inclusive so theres alcohol on tap, the bar staff are great, jenny is hilarious and tom is gorgeous. The entertainer carlos is so cool they really make u feel welcome. But saying that it might just b because i was friends with 'em that i enjoyed it.

Unique Quality: U shud definately go thou but there is a bit of a steep hill to go down to get to the beach n the clubs, go to Jokers it is amazin. The views from the hotel are stunning, the hotel is themed so kds will love it too

Directions: far end of levante beach, up a hill

More about Magic Rock Gardens

Magic Rock= Magic Time !!

by TripAdvisor Member Comper21

Having read some of the reviews previously written by other Trip Advisor members, we were quite apprehensive about visiting the Magic Rock Hotel. Our party of ten arrived tired and hungry, only to be told by the Reception staff we had no booking. However, on presenting them with copies of e-mails confirming our reservation(take note), they found us some rooms very quickly.
The rooms were ok, if a little small; 4 single beds, fridge, wardrobes, air-conditioning, tv , safe. No balconies available on the standard rooms. The Bathroom was clean and functional.

Rooms were cleaned every day and sheets were changed several times during our two-week stay.

There was always a choice of cooked food available from 0700 to 2300 hours. For breakfast there was full cooked, or continental. Lunch and Dinner menus were varied, with something for everyone, including the kids. There is a choice of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available 24 hours a day.

The Hotel has good entertainment on offer throughout the day with a free Kids Club. There are three pools including one for toddlers.

The location of the Hotel is up a fairly steep hill which is about 10
minutes walk to the fantastic, sandy beach. Anyone who is reasonably fit should find climbing it no problem.

We found the Hotel to be clean and well-managed without too much noise late at night.

loved the magic rock

we thought the magic rock gardens was excellent the standard of service was great the only complaint we had was the climb to get to the hotel

Would go again

by TripAdvisor Member mrs_mcewan

I have just returned after a weeks stay all inclusive at the magic rock gardens with my husband, 2 teenage daugters and 4 yr old son. We loved it. The rooms were cleaned everyday with clean towels. The food was great and there was always something to eat. The pools were fantastic especially for our little one. He loved the outdoor playarea. The staff were friendly especially the kids club staff. we neverhad any trouble getting drinks no matter what time it was.There was no trouble or noise at any time. I cannot report on the entertainment as we went out every night after tea and just took drinks backup to our rooms when we got back. On the whole we had a fantastic holiday and would definately book to stay there again.

Everything stolen

by TripAdvisor Member stitched

My wife and I stayed at the Magic Rock Gardens in March 2006 with our 8 month old son. We had booked online at a very reasonable price which meant that we did not have a Rep in resort. It is the first time that I have done this but thought nothing of it.
No problems at all with the travel arrangements and the hill was not too bad even though we brought everything away with us except the kitchen sink. The hotel was clean enough and everything was really basic on the "All Inclusive" option but acceptable enough for the price you are going to pay.Although I would not recommend the hotel at it's peak price. There is plenty there to do when you take in to account all the other hotels that you can use within the group. The staff were polite enough although not that interested really in your welfare and lacking that personal touch that you often come to expect when you go on holiday. The only BIG moan about the hotel is the security of it and your valuables. Upon arrival I payed for a safe in my room. I then proceeded( some may think foolishly) to place all my valuables in there including wedding rings, engagement ring, new DVD camcorder, passports, cash and a host of other items. Half way through our holiday the dreaded theft happened whereby someone just walked in to our room without causing any damage, lifted the safe out of the wardrobe and left without being seen.Even funnier is the fact that the hotel had only glued the safe to the bottom of the wardrobe.
The incident was reported to the hotel who did not appear that interested and told me to report it to the police. For a full 24hrs I had to panic and sort everything out via my family over in England due to having no Rep. The Reps that were there had no interest in me and would not offer me any advice. The hotel finally at the end of the holiday contacted their Insurance company(apparently) to try and get me compensated as holiday Insurance only covers to a certain amount whereas the safe is insured greater. Sadly though to this day I have heard nothing from the hotel regarding compensation and the contact e-mail addresses they gave me are wrong. The hotel is a hot spot for thefts as I learnt during my stay although the hotel denies this. Strangely though the next day of the theft my passports were returned to me.... Very dodgy indeed as they were apparently found on the roof. Please heed this warning if you stay at this hotel.. Only take what you need, leave all valuables at home and use a tour operator who can take the responsibility away from you if the worst does happen.
On a plus point though the Police in Benidorm were fantastic!

What a change

by TripAdvisor Member hmcs

Magic rock Benidorm
Returned 30/09/06
Reviewer HMCS Tilbury Essex England
Just returned from 5th visit to Magic Rock aka Tropicana Gardens
What a change, The decorater must have gone mad with the artex it now looks like a dark cave with no atmostphere.
It took us 4days to get our door lock sorted out we could not get into our room the hotel then changed our room, on day 6 we were asked to go to reception as they had no record of us staying in the hotel. There was a great shortage of staff both in the resturant and bars. The management were clearing tables due to the great amount of dirty plates left lying about.
Would not return

Great for what it is.

by TripAdvisor Member Happysaks

This is a very "Brits Abroad" kind of place and as such, should be compared against similar. I've stayed in this hotel a few times with kids and on our own on mucky weekends. We're not the noisy types but don't mind a few beers with the rest of em.
I won't bore you with the stay in one use em all sister hotels in this group thingy which is well covered.
The Rock Gardens, which has had a recent Flintstones meets Africa kind of makeover, is a very very good choice for the boozy brit croud. More refined types will probably hate it as will those who, like us, find swearing in front of kids a no no.
Clientelle is very "I'll wot ize wonts coz i'm on mi jollies", 20 stone tribally tattooed bruiser types and the men are pretty similar. Being quiet in rooms and corridors is not the done thing.
I've never had a problem with staff really but they understandably have a bit of a "Oh no, here we go again" kind of look when you aproach them.
Hotel is clean, modern and well looked after. There will be minor issues from time to time mainly due to ham-fisted guests.
I haven't had a security problem but I must admit Id be a bit warey of hotel safes in general.
Value for money is second to none. The price is about £25.00 per person per night about now plus flights if bought right. Cheaper than a night in the pub. Add to that, free food and entertainment. The food isn't the best but pretty good. I can't imagine why anyone coming to Benidorm would want to sit in any hotel and watch their own entertainment but if you do don't expect the X factor. One point though food in Cristal Park is better for choice if you're in the Old Town.

Just got back from the Fiesta. Tip for everyone who likes fireworks. Make it one thing to do before you die. This year we are taking peoples drinks glassess exploding in thier hands. Awesome!!!

Looking forward to Benidorm again in March without the kids.

Good Time

Just returned from a 2 wk all inclusive holiday. On the whole we had a great time. The rooms were adequate for what we wanted and room service was good. One couple did have money stolen so do invest in a safe and use common sense, i.e don't leave valubles lying around. Food was also good, a nice variety and plenty of it. We did have one complaint.....we were originally put in a room where the window was secured shut so we coud'nt open it (it was secured because it was easily accessible to all holidaymakers), we complained to our rep and she sorted it so we were given another room within 5 minutes! The entertainment was so-so, but was made up for by Eddie, who was great. The hill is quite steep but you get used to it. We did'nt see or hear any trouble, even though there were alot of young lads in on both weeks. The staff were friendly and helpful too. On the whole, a good holiday.

Dont Do It

by TripAdvisor Member J13NE

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a ten day stay at this hotel. I had read the reviews prior to departure and was very unsure as to what we were letting ourselves in for. I was especially worried about the thefts that seemed to be occurring.

We arrived in Benidorm after a 7 hour delay. The coach dropped us off in the middle of Bendidorm at 7am and we had get a taxi the rest of the way. Check in was easy and we went straight to our room. The room was on the very top floor and was very small and smelt musty. We went back to reception and told them of this and they were very quick to move us to a room on the first floor, which was bigger. We found the reception staff very friendly throughout our stay.

The hotel itself is strange. The whole ground floor (lobby areas) is dark, dingy, has a strong smell of food cooking 24/7 and is full with people and kids lounging around watching TV all day. Me and my boyfriend nicknamed it our local community centre!

We eat in the restaurant twice if that, the food was luke warm, repetative and if you like hard fried eggs that have been sat in their container all morning for breakfast you will deffinately be at home, you can even have chips for brekkie!!!

The rooms were kept clean during our stay and the safety deposit box served its purpose, everything stayed in it!!!

The hotel in general is absolutley awful in our opinion. The pool and sun terraces are in the shade until 5.00pm ish, the steps leading up to the sun terrace (this is via reception) are very very slippery and always had food on them for you to slip on and the pool has no proper way for you to walk in and was stone cold as it never saw any sun. If it is a nice pool and sun terrace you are looking for, we would recommend the Monika Hotel, the pool is fantastic and huge and has the sun all day round. You can get to the Monika via the Amegos bus that picks you up at the bottom of the road each morning about 11.00am. It goes to all sister hotels but we found the Monika to be one of the better ones.

There is a hill that leads to the hotel, this is not as bad as people have made out in previous reviews. It does get quite steep towards the top but nothing too bad. (I wore flip flops in and around the hotel and once again the hill from the entrance of the hotel which leads down to the long hill to the beach front etc was always slippery, be careful if you are pushing a pram down the hill) There are steps that lead up to the hotel entrance, which are of granit, I tripped up these and just missed smashing my face on the granit itself - please be careful with children.

I have been to plenty of hotels and have found this one to be the worst ever. I used to dread going back there.

There was no entertainment to write home about. When it did eventually start I think it was around 11.30 - 12.00am ish when they had finished occupying the kids with the kids club stuff etc.

We also found the hotel to be very noisy at night. This wasn't coming from the people either side, but from the cleaner!! Yep I think the hotel only had the one so therefore she was still cleaning the room above us, everynight at around 1.30am. She would drag the chairs along the floor and move the beds left right and centre - this was very very annoying. We also had the delight of kids being sat outside our room (as we were on the lower level) singing songs at the tops of their voices sat on the sunbeds!!! We were glad to be home and get a decent nights kip.

Benidorm itself is great, the food outside the hotel is pucca. Unfortunately we spent all of our spending money eating meals out as I could not bring myself to eat in the hotel. My boyfriend eats anything and is not at all fussy - but even he turned his nose up!!

We spent most days on the beach, it was a beautiful beach with all sand. The only downfall was you have to pay for the sunbeds and a brolley if you want one (4 euros each). We didn't mind this at all as you can have the sunbeds up until 7pm so you do get your moneys worth.

If it is a nice holiday you are looking for - don't stay at this hotel!!!!!

wer bout in bendiorm wuld u recomend

by nataly_01

wer in benidorm wuld u reccomed 2 say, ther a gruop of us girls goin an we wana b in the lively an loud bit, an sum wer decent wer wuld u recommend

by chrishc

ennywair

RE: RE: wer bout in bendiorm wuld u recomend

by Sjalen

LOL

by shazza28

The hotel Perla is in the centre basic but good to fall in and out off!!

by happysaks

Our faves are Benidorm Centre, Presidente, any Servi Group ones and Magic Rock Gardens (the hill will keep you fit) Most should be OK but minimum 3*. Rosaire could do with a bit of a facelift.

by lcmack

We have booked apartments through http://www.beninter.es/indexengjs.htm for many years, and they have great prices for groups. One year we stayed in the Apart. Torre Domo, which is at the end of the main square and is crawling distance from the main pubs!
Hope you enjoy!