Avenida Severo Ochoa 1, Benidorm, Alicante Province, 03500, Spain

Booking.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• MaheshSamtani's Profile Photo

A nice place to stay

The Melia Benidorm, for me personally carries the guarantee of a very good hotel group in Spain and hence assures me of a quality stay with very nice rooms. This hotel is slightly away from all the hustle and bustle of Benidorm, however a walking distance from the beach and other principal attractions. The rooms are very good, same as the restaurant, a huge lobby. The buffet breakfast is simply freat with a good variety of different types of foods.This is a good hotel for a family vacation as they have special attractions for children and also very good for any other stay including for business, without forgetting a romantic escape. Benidorm has a lot to offer so there are many excuses to enjoy.

• Roman4's Profile Photo

Muy confortable

El hotel esta un poco alejado de la playa (500 menos) y de la zona del pueblo (1 Kilometro mas o menos) y es por esto por lo que tienes buenos precios. El hotel esta muy bien en todos los sentidos. Si quieres tranquilidad en Benidorm, creo que es la mejor eleccion. Es un 4 estrellas Superior.
    El resto de hoteles en Benidorm son muy viejos y te echan un poco para atras. En fin, es un Melia.

Unique Quality: De 1 a 10:

Piscinas: 10/10 Enormes, estan genial.
    Comida: 10/10 Mucha variedad. Se nota que es un Melia.
    Trato: 7/10 . Es Alicante. Son un poco raros en el trato pero bueno.
    Localizacion: 5/10 Lejos de la playa, pero con la piscina que tiene, para que mas.
    Habitaciones: 9/10 Muy amplias.
    Amenities: 9/10
    Animacion: 8/10
    Ascensores: 6/10 Hay tantos pisos que te toca esperar un poco.

Directions: Rincon de Loix

• benidormone's Profile Photo

Hotel with the best swimming pool

The Melia Benidorm is one of the newest and most luxurious hotels of Benidorm.

Unique Quality: This hotel has probably the biggest and best swimming pool of Benidorm.

Directions: Ricon de loix

More about Melia Benidorm

The Melia - A Cut Above

The Melia Benidorm - definately "a cut above". Benidorm without the "Kiss me Quick" element. Superb hotel. Quality and selection of food was excellant. The pools (there are 2) are also great, spacious and clean. Lots of sunbeds. Pool Bar also served up excellant snacks and light meals. Staff were friendly. Majority of guests I would say were Spanish - thankfully - no badly behaved Brits or football strips in sight! I was apprehensive about there being 23 floors, but I needn't have worried as there were 5 lifts for each hotel block. I was on the 19th floor and it wasn't a problem. Daytime activities were mainly organised around the pool eg water aerobics, volleyball and water polo. The beach was only a 15-20 min stroll away if you could tear yourself away from the pool. If I had to make a negative comment it would be regarding the evening entertainment. There was a quite small, but pleasant lounge bar and a larger area where the various entertainment took place. To be fair, I didn't see all of the acts/shows but what I did see didn't seem up to much. In all honesty, this didn't detract from our holiday at all as most nights we ventured out, sometimes to the beach which was more bearable at night! All in all, a great hotel - I would go back in a minute!

beautiful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ashdan

This is my second time to benidorm on a short break with friends and this time we chose to stay at the melia benidorm it is a beautiful clean modern hotel that could be anywhere in the world. The food was excellent the choice was fantastic and nothing was too much trouble if you prefered your food served without say cheese on top just ask and they will get it for you. The choice of fresh fruit and desserts was heaven. The rooms where spacious and very clean the bathrooms had double sinks which was great. The pool area was nice but in april the pool was a little cold although there was an indoor pool that looked very nice. the only negative comment I have is that midweek it was lovely not too busy but at the wekends there where a lot of spanish guests and the hotel was very very busy that you had to queue to be seated in the restaurant which was a bit inconvenient. But that is the only gripe the hotel is a beautiful hotel oh and if you dont like heights it has 23 floors so request a low floor as it is a long way up.

Top class

Excellent hotel in Benidor . Lots of space in the pool areas and hotel lounges, so even at busy times ( Easter ), it didnt seem overcrowded. Plenty of sunloungers and everywhere very clean. Dont go if you want lots of noisy hotel entertainment ! Rooms well fitted and cleaned to a high standard.
Worth paying a bit extra to stay here in an area of average hotels.

Beautiful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Rafasuzy

Having read previous reviews, we had mixed feelings. This hotel is beautiful, staff very helpful, very clean. The pool area is lovely, with lots of places to either sunbathe, or walk about. My husband is disabled and on kidney dialysis too, and everything was in place for our arrival. The only "downside" is that sometimes the "hot" food isn´t quite so hot. But the variety is superb. Bear in mind that this is a "Spanish" hotel, and there are lots of Spanish as opposed to "foreign" people staying here. We are still here for a few more days, and are making full use of all the facilities. A thoroughly enjoyable break and we would certainly recommend this hotel if you want a quiet and almost luxurious place to stay.

Simply the best

by TripAdvisor Member jellyb1

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Melia last summer for a week and loved every second of our holiday here. The hotel is the biggest, and most impressive hotel we have stayed in, especially for the price, it's such good value for money.

The lobby area just makes your mouth drop open as you walk in and there is a man that plays the piano in the seating area. In the lobby there is also a little internet cafe with about 4 computers and we found the price of this very reasonable and a great chance to email the folkes back home and let them know how you are getting on.

The rooms are clean and well decorated, very posh and all rooms have a view over the swimming pool, and you can just about glimse the sea in the distance.

The food is delicious in this hotel and the pastries are to die for, with lovely friendly staff who are very attentive.

The pool area is just fabulous.. huge.. gorgeous, are just some of the words which I could use to describe this area, but they still don't feel enough to express how great it is.

This hotel is on a little bit of a hill, it isn't very steep, but when you have been out walking for a couple of hours, down to the old town or along the beach, when it's hot it sometimes can be a struggle to get the energy to walk up. I always find that before you attempt the walk, grab yourself a slush puppy from one of the bars along the beach front, or a Mcflurry from McDonalds and drink it as you go up! It really cools you down and makes it that much more enjoyable. Even though I sometimes found the walk a bit hot, it only takes 10 minutes and I wouldnt want to stay in any of the other hotels we passed on our way upto the Melia.

We would recommend hiring a car and taking a drive about to the local hypermarket where they sell clothes, food, toys and you can really stock up on supplies if your only on half board, chuck the food in the fridge in the room, then eat crackers and cheese on your balcony at lunchtime! There are plenty of car parking spaces in a secure area under the hotel, which has it's own security guard.. well worth the small fee per day we feel to leave your car here in safety.

We loved this hotel so much we are going again in July this year, and my mum and dad are on holiday there at the moment, and my sister and her boyfriend are going in a couple of weeks. I have converted the whole family.

loved it

by TripAdvisor Member kerimom

what a georgous hotel , enormous but beautiful inside, pool was fantastic and the staff friendly, i thought food was fine but my daughter aged 8 wasnt impressed(kids are just fussy anyways).

would certainly recommend the Melia for a stay..

Best Hotel in Benidorm

Went to the Melia between the 25th June and 9th July 2005. Most impressive and beautiful hotel in the area. Pool was fab! Reception area was extremely impressive. Staff are really friendly and helpful especially the waiters and Maitre's in the restaurant.

Food was great always a good selection. They cater for everyone from really fancy foods to things like chips & lasagne. Loads of sunbeds more than enough for everyone. There was sunbeds every day which werent being used.

Was set in good location away from all the noise of the square but still within walking distance to it. Pool was that great that we didnt even go the beach once during our holiday.

I didnt like the resort of Benidorm but i would certainly go back just to go to this hotel.

I would highly recommend anyone going to Benidorm to stay at this hotel

hotels

by blyth

we are a group of ladies 35 to 65 going to benidorm for a long week-end cannot decide between the flamingo oasis hotel or the melia benidorm both 4 star. Dont want a hotel with loads of kids going 27th april for 4 nights but have heard good reports apart from kids running wild on occassions have also read mixed reports about melias food can any one help us decide or has anyone tried either or both also what is the weather like in april any help appreciated many thanks

RE: hotels

by brianthewineman

Hello there, we have stayed in both hotels and without doubt the Flamingo Oasis is No.1. It has a rooftop pool and poolside bar which is adults only and a piano/cocktail bar which is off limits to kids (heaven!)
Hope this information is not too late, I've just come across it looking for a virtual tour of the Oasis.
Have a great time