c/ Viena 2, Benidorm, Alicante Province, 03503, Spain
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Palm Beach Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member holidaylover8

Just got back from Benidorm with my husband and our 5 year old. The hotel is just a short (& free) bus ride to the beach and this end of the beach is ideal for families. If you are after the loud music and bars scene, take the bus to the end of the main road.

We went full board and found that the food was nice but not hot enough. At each meal, there is a salad bar, choice of 2 soups, 2 meats, 1 fish and 1 vegetarian. There is at least 1 vegetable choice and starch choices include rice (I recommend the piella), pasta and potato. For desert, there are usually 4 types of cakes/puddings along with yoghurts, ice creams, creme caramels,and mountains and mountains of fruit. You have to pay for your drinks (including soft) which are not included. ALthough the food was nice, it lacked zest and creation so after a couple of days you soon get bored.

The play area consists of 2 swings and a slide. The outdoor swimming pool is far too small for the size of the hotel, but nevertheless a nice one. We did not try the indoor swimming pool as you are required to wear swimming hats. The sauna is big enough to take 2 people comfortably.

Our room was a squeeze as they put 3 single beds into a double room, but it was clean. There is air-con and a mini fridge in the room, however, there is no tea/coffee making facilities. Also the lifts in the hotel are small ...designed to take only 4 people at a time.

Overall, the hotel was pleasant, it has tried to fit in all the facilities you should find in a 4 star hotel but it is not up to the 4 stars standard...more 3 stars.

Lastly, the scheduled "evening" entertainment does not start until 11pm and when it does it is in Spanish and lasts between 40-60 minutes. Not worth hanging around all night for, but if you are in anyway its something to do.

fantastic, both times visited

by TripAdvisor Member tina1973

myself and my partner have just returned from our second stay in the palm beach hotel and was not dissapointed, the staff were friendly one waiter even recognised us from our previous visit and made a point of saying hello,the food was lovely with plenty of variety,i have read some reviews of this hotel and wonder if they have stayed in the same hotel??? there is a hill up to the hotel but nothing to bad if you are disabled or elderly you may have problems although there is the free bus. Our room was cleaned every single day along with clean towels but dont forget to put them in the bath as they will not be changed to help the environment, i would definately recommend this hotel to everyone and will certainly visit again. tina , 32 south wales

Good value for money

Spent 8 nights at the Palm Beach hotel (half board) with my wife and 3 year old daughter during September 2005. I have no hesitation recommending this hotel. We found the staff to be very helpful - all spoke English but a little spanish goes a long way! OK the entertainment is mainly in spanish but hey........ you're in Spain! The comperes do their best to translate into English, French and German. Our daughter loved dancing with the other kids - its funny how kids who don't speak the same language can get along with each other. There were few brits in the hotel ,which for us was a plus. Hotel is situated in a quiet part of Benidorm - 10 minute stroll to the beach.
The food was plentiful and hot but if you do not eat meat then it's a bit of a struggle after a couple of days. No problems with room - clean, plenty of towels when we asked for more. Mini Fridge, air con and TV - but we didn't spend too much time in there. Free bus tickets from reception overcame the much talked about hill. Not really a huge problem - I was able to push a buggy up it.
My wife recommends the foot massage - 20 euros.
All in all a nice hotel, good VFM. I've stayed in many London hotels who charge a lot more for a lot less.

Fantastic Hotel????

by TripAdvisor Member MazzaEpsom

Have just arrived back to old blightey after the most fantastic trip to Benidorm! arrived in the early hours feeling tired yet excited at the prospect of a week away with my sister Any - there was not much of 'a reception' upon our arrival - as this was 4am we didn't create that there was no bell hop to help with our luggage - we struggled to our rooms - threw our bags down and seeked out the 'mini bar' mini being correct - 1 of each of the spirits and 2 small bottles of water - oh well - we thought they would re stock later on that day - after hopefully bringing some clean towels etc... no chance - in the 7 days we were there we only had the rooms 'cleaned' 4 times!! each time having to request 'clean' towels - beware of these- as you are enveloping your sun kissed skin as I found a head of hair on my 'clean' towel and it DEFINATELY WAS NOT MINE!!! YUK - We decided to eat at the hotel restaurant after having too much sun on the 3rd day & felt too weary to head off to the town - admittedley - we were late going to dinner 9.50 but we were assured at reception that this was fine!! upon entering the restaurant we were to fill our plates and be quick about it - we shovelled our 3 courses onto our plates - which was not easy as we had to fish around in the gravy as it had been swamped with chips - lovely me thinks not!! the meal was absolutely revolting - broccoli, sprouts, piped smash and shoe leather - all tasting of nothing! really was the order of the day for our fat fighting mission!! haha - we headed off to the entertainment lounge - comedy were in the house (apparantly) so we thought we were in for a bit of a giggle - people to my right as I was descending the stairs had wonderful smiles on their faces - great stuff?? they were watching footie on the telly!! old time waltzing was in full swing - lovely we thought - one day that will be us ah! ordered a drink which after 10mins did not show - oh well - we headed off to the nightclub - was closed - had a little walk around the hotel and headed back to the room-all in all the whole evening eating, being entertained, ordering a drink that never arrived and having a walk took 30mins - we were back up in our room ready for bed at 10.25 - ooh, how we laughed!!!
I can't understand that the hotel bar shut at midnight - why?? then also room service finishes at midnight too!!! why?????????
All in all we had a fantastic time in Benidorm - it took us back to the good old days when we lived on a big council estate in Battersea - it is a concrete jungle but just make sure when you go take your best friend (as I did - my sister Any as mentioned before) and it really doesn't matter where you are! We can highly recommend the Heartbreak Bar and Daytona's - don't be put off by the bikers - they really are so friendly - it was great to see all the Harley's lined up outside alongside pushchairs!! We did find that there were a lot of stag do's going on - and most of the time we were disgusted at their behaviour - but then we took comfort in the fact that their poor wives were having a well deserved break from their loser husbands!!
I'm sure I sound like a right miserable git - really - i'm not!!
All in all we had a great time - drinks are sooo cheap over there 7euros for 4 vodka and tonics in some bars - and I would recommend Benidorm - not sure if I would recommed the Palm Springs Hotel but then it really is just somewhere to wash that's if you are lucky enough to have clean towels and somewhere to sleep - as long as your not too fussy about clean bedding - ours were not changed the whole time we were there - Any's nailvarnish on her pillow and my dead skin cells were evidence enough!! Apart from 'ALL' that - enjoy yourselves!! :-) :-)

nice but !

by TripAdvisor Member Gordon30

Me,my wife. Mother inlaw and 7 year old grand-daughter has just spent 2 weeks at the Palm Beach for the second year running, it was fine to a point but on the down side there were a few problems that began to creep in, such as the pool side bar was only staffed by 1 person who apart from serving drinks at the bar was also cooking snacks in the back room, so the queues soon built up, a simple burger took 15 mins and many were sent back due to still being cold.it was the same with pizza it was still frozen on one occassion after a 15 min wait, it then took 20 mins to get it right.
The nightly entertainment started at 11 which was rather late and lasted about 30-40 mins.
The indoor pool was not heated, in fact it was freezing and we were unable to use it.
Over all, it was not as good as one would expect for a four star.

No way on earth is this a 4 star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Fuzzy-Fell

After reading several reviews of this hotel on this and other sites I was expecting a good quality 4 star hotel at the top of a small incline. What I actually found was a very average 3 star hotel up a very steep hill. We are neither disabled nor elderly and found the hill to be an absolute nightmare.
There is extensive building work at the back of the hotel that starts at 7.50 am everyday except sunday. The work continues all day until about 5 pm.
There were no porters to help with our luggage both on our arrival and departure.
There are only 3 small lifts that hold 4 people serving the 9 floors.These lifts are incredibly slow especially during meal times. Expect a long wait if you are on a high floor.
The rooms are ok although the air con is quite noisy. There are no tea or coffee making facilities provided in the rooms. They do provide sachets of shower gel, shampoo although these were only replaced once during the week so take your own. The beds are made and towels changed everyday.
The food was ok although they did not cater for children unless you were happy for them to eat chips all the time. We ate out most of the time. You have to buy your drinks at dinner although they provide free drinks at breakfast. The orange Juice is not fresh orange it is orange squash.
I will definately not be staying in this hotel again nor would I recommend it to anybody. It is too far out of town and the hill is a killer.
If you are thinking of staying here, think again pay a bit more and stay somewhere more accessible.

Palm beach

by TripAdvisor Member filbertsflops

Stayed here for a week with three children..14,9,8.
Food good if a little bland, plenty of it and a reasonable selection of lunch/dinner items. Always hot.
Pool a little small but plenty of loungers, indoor pool warm and a decent size.
Rooms fine for two, a little small for three. Cleaned daily and beds made. Staff helpful, speaking excellent English.
Bar entertainment provided in evening for about 40 minutes,lots of elderly couples waltzing etc, but hey, you are in Benidorm...catch the free bus, or walk into town (Downhill) and there is something for everyone there. Don't worry about the hill back, a cab costs just a few euros.
Not a lot for kids at the hotel but again Benidorm has it all.
In short, can't really fault this hotel, of good quality, reasonable rates, in a quieter part of the resort (save for the building sites). Maybe it was the time of year and the average age of the guests but just seemed to lack that oomph!

didnot find this hotel good for kids as entertanment was for older people only

was not very good for kids as rooms only cater for 2 and not realy 3 as all in 1 room and the staff were not very help full when asked when what was on we went home 1 week early was full of spanish and 2 percent us would not go to this hotel again

pity about the noise

The noise from the back and side of this hotel is horrendous. It is non stop from 8am to 7pm dawn to dusk,6days per week. It will be going on for months if not years. They are trying to remove the rocky hillside with drilling machinery. We were not informed about this on booking with Easy Jet through Hotelopia. I would advise anyone to avoid this whole area as the noise can be heard 500 yards away.Ithink it strange that the previous reviews about this hotel are from 2004.

taking a chance on a last minute 'cheapie' trip

by TripAdvisor Member ChrisWardCwmbran

I had a few days off work so I thought I would look at some 'last minute deals'.Never having used 'Easy Jet' before, I was rather dubious as what to expect.
I found a 4 x day break leaving Bristol Airport on the right day. I then had a choice of approx.118 hotels from which to choose. I selected 'Palm Beach' which was middle priced(£126.00) half board for both of us. I was still thinking,£63.00 each for 4 x days-can't be very good. I then booked a taxi from the same site.Well,4 days later we were on our way. On arrival in Alicante I spotted a gentleman holding up a piece of paper with my name on. 45 minutes later we were at Palm Beach where we were greeted by the Receptionist. The Restaurant closed about an hour before our arrival but as we'd paid for dinner,she told us the chef had left us some salad,fruit and other cold 'goodies'-very welcoming.
The food was buffet style breakfast and dinner each day-always loads of choices and perfectly cooked/prepared. If I have to look for a fault it would be that there was no tea/coffee/kettle in the room but the hotel also boasts a sauna,gym,indoor/outdoor pool and entertainment nightly (and not under the window!)
It was a shame to have to leave today(check out time is mid day) We will certainly be back!

The NativityThe Nativity

ParadeParade

Manuel and myselfManuel and myself

Visiting Benidorm

by GeordieTed

The Airport Bus from Alicante Airport to Benidorm, where does it stop? we are staying at the Palm Beach Hotel in the Levante area.
Do we need to get a Taxi after reaching the Benidorm Bus Station?

GT

Alicante to Benidorm Bus

by sonia6

The Bus stops at the Avenida Europa in Benidorm. You will need a taxi to the Palm Beach Hotel which is about a 5 minute drive. Enjoy your holiday.

Sonia

Re: Alicante to Benidorm Bus

Ted

Re: Visiting Benidorm

by scottieboy

I heard last year that there is a new Bus Station being built in Benidorm. Maybe its still on Avenida Europa but worth checking.

Re: Re: Visiting Benidorm

by GeordieTed

Thanks very much Scottieboy.

Comments