Prince Park

Tags

Business Travel Beaches Theme Park Trips
See Amenities
somoslagente's Profile Photo

hotel bang in the middle of benidorm

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 10, 2011

Chose to stay at the Price Park hotel as I knew it from when I stayed in the area (although I had never stayed there before).
The hotel is right beside the Park and the Ayuntamiento and five minutes walk away from the centre of Benidorm (the walking street).

The hotel was pretty quiet when we arrived as it was the week before Christmas. We stayed for nine nights on a very good full board (with drinks included at meal times). The reception staff were very helpful when we arrived and were happy to call the airport on my arrival to find out about my little girl's pram which had been left behind. We were given a room on the 4th floor.

The food choice was alright - but there wasn't always a good selection on offer. Sometimes there would be two pork dishes or two beef dishes rather than one of each at mealtimes to offer some variety.

The restaurant staff were very friendly and happy to chat away to my little girl.

There was no entertainment until the last two nights of our stay. The last show was pretty good and my little girl certainly enjoyed it.

The prices at the hotel bar were pretty reasonable for a hotel in Benidorm and they showed all the big Spanish games on the big screen in the lounge. You couldn't hear the football though as the music in the bar was turned up loud despite being empty.

You couldn't hear any of the music from the room as the bar area was two floors down from reception.

The security guard at night was a bit stand offish. My little girl was sound asleep and I was watching TV quietly to relax (so obviously not loudly or it would have woken her up). I ended up having to pull my phone out as two nights in a row he telephoned my room to say someone had complained about us making noise - so not true. He also came up and rudely spoke to me at the door. The second night I asked him if he would care to step in and varify the volume - and asked him if he could hear it from the door. He couldn't. I said I had a baby sleeping and was not going to stand arguing - his reponse was "so what?" so I asked him VERY FIRMLY in Spanish if I was not within my rights to watch TV and did he want me to turn it off and stare at the walls instead. He did not bother me again for the rest of my stay!

The hotel is 2 mins from the LLorente bus bustop and you can catch the number 12 or 41 to La cala or the bus station and rincon. We walked back from the bus station one day and it only took about 20 mins. The main Benidorm TRAM station is only 10 mins walk away. You need to take a bus to the new bus station to catch the ALSA (National Express) bus.

There is a mercadona supermarket and eroski supermarket nearby for any necessities that you might need.

The rincon area and the square are about 20 mins walk away. we walked to this area a few times and visited the market on sunday.

I would recommend the hotel and advise to book it independently as I got a much better deal than the other brits staying. It is used by all the big tour operators.

There were lots of different nationalities staying at the hotel and the receptionists seemed to speak at least a little of each of the languages.

The staff (with the exception of the night staff) took an interest in myself and my little girl and were always keen to know how we were and if we were enjoying our stay. On our last night the waiter gave her a soft toy as a present - which I thought was a nice touch.
Our cleaner was always chatting away to her too and was happy to wait to clean our room if she was still sleeping or I had to take her up to bath her after breakfast.

The hotel offers WIFI and advertises this on its website. What the don't tell you is that this is fairly expensive. The reception in the rooms isn't always too good either. The best reception is in the bar area of the hotel. I paid 18.50 euros for 7 days wifi but the hotel also offered wifi by the hour and this was VERY VERY pricey.

There was no wifi service that you could pick up from the ayuntamiento (town hall).

Unique Quality: the hotel is right in the centre of benidorm - between levante, the old town and poniente

Nearby Prince Park

Prince Park

• Prince Park Hotel Benidorm

Address: Calle Primavera 3, Benidorm, Alicante Province, 03500, Spain

Amenities at Prince Park

• Restaurant
  • Swimming Pool

Benidorm Travel Forum

Need advice about Benidorm, Spain? Visit the Travel Forum for Benidorm and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Benidorm hotel reviews

Terra Mitica
Terra Natura
Aqualandia
Things to Do
Racon dell conil (nude beach)
Busses Avanza Llorente
Cala Finestrat
Bull fighting
Sierra Cortina, El Balcon bus service
Transportation
New extreme RIB Ride benibarcos in benidorm 2012!
Things to Do
New extreme RIB Ride benibarcos in benidorm 2012!
Stay away
ALTET airport in ALICANTE to BENIDORM
Coming by air
Transportation
Els Tossals Beach (nudebeach)
Elche
Visit Terra Mitica
Resort Hopper.com
Sigarettes
Shopping
Accosted at Marina Hotel - African leg ticklers 2!
Warnings and Dangers
BENIDORM'S BUS TIMETABLES FROM DRIVERS!
Mundomar