Hotel Nou Roma

Booking.com Priceline.com Tingo.com

More about Denia

Denia Front & CastleDenia Front & Castle

Reservoir-BeniarresReservoir-Beniarres

Lovely open fireLovely open fire

Me enjoying local wine.Me enjoying local wine.

Travel Tips for Denia

Denia still is charming

by rachel_sun

Hello
Although Denia has changed over the last few years, it still is mostly nice and relaxing. Some things have changed for the better. For instance a couple of Indian restaurants have opened up, new shops etc, new promenades being built and gardens. Beaches being widened etc. So there is now more to do and see. South beaches are the best place to relax now. North beaches near my house are still ok in places. Hopefully they will not develope much more of them and keep some places rustic. At the moment they are still quiet. I also have read a big shopping mall is going to open soon and a large sports complex with outdoor and indoor pools. A Chinese restaurant has opened up where my place is but I have been told it is not very good. It is called something Wok. I was told food was expensive and not that good etc. If you want good food, try The Mandarin( large dragons out front).
Also Denia are having a huge Port extension I believe. So more boats can stay at Denia. So all in all things that will help the area improve I think.

Place Next to El Port.

by rachel_sun about Set Menu for 8 Euros 50

Hello
On our last trip to Denia we found this amazing restaurant along the seafront. It is next to El Port ( standing with your back to the sea facing the restaurants it is to the right of El Port, next door). They had a board outside with a set menu listed on it. It was 8 Euros 50 for a 3 course meal which included one glass of wine or soft drink. We decided to try it out as it seemed great value and also looked nice. We decided to sit in the outside area which was undercover and had heating( it was November). The service was very good and people were very friendly . The chairs were comfy and we were soon bought our drinks. We then were given bread with garlic butter and cold meats. We were given a choice of 3 starters and 3 mains and 3 desserts. I asked for the Quiche Lorraine and hubby had garlic mushrooms. They arrived 5 mins later and they were very impressive. Mine was wonderful. Hubbies was very tasty too. We were surprised how good the starters were for the price of the meal in total. After a few mins our main was bought over. Wow, we were very happy again. Hubby had ordered a rack of lamb and I had roast beef. The lamb was perfection. Melt in the mouth. Beef was also very nice. The meal was superb and very satisfying. Then came the desserts. I did not have one as I was so full. Hubby had this flan thing which had fresh fruit on top with cream. I tried one spoonful and it was lovely. All in all the meal was fantastic and we went back 2 more times and had diff things( chicken curry and diff starters etc). But the best thing was the lamb. Mouth watering for sure. This meal was only 8 Euros 50 for 3 courses including one drink. I really thought it was fantastic value and worth much more than that. We will be going back again and again. I like this place more than El Port now. 10 out of 10. You have to try the set menus. We felt relaxed and welcome and high rec this place to others.

Denia - pretty spanish port & vibrant local life.

by pablito-uk

"What could have been..."

I'm sorry if the title is a little obscure, but it is rather personal to me.

My parents used to own a small house in Denia and I spent a couple of holidays there in my past - I think this contributed to my love-affair with Spain. I think to myself occasionally 'what would have happened if they hadn't sold up? Would I be living there now with my spanish señorita?'

Anyways, back to reality... In 1990 Denia was a wonderful place. I look forward to visiting there in 2005 on my next big tour.

I hope it hasn't changed too much...

"The Port"

The port of Denia was a colourful place and as a busy working area was vital to the fortunes of the town.

The spanish fishermen get a bad press, and at times I'm sure that the quotas are unfair to other nations, but that aside the fish that were cooked in the local restaurants at night tasted beautiful!

Its interesting to watch the hustle and bustle of people working, especially when you aren't!

"The fallas!"

The absolutely best time to visit Denia is in the middle of March every year (12th - 19th. Check press for details!) and the Festival of the Fires. This fiesta occurs in Valencia and along it's coastal regions.
Huge sculptures made of papier-mâché standing several metres high (fallas) are built in each neighbourhood. During the week there are many parades, fireworks, marching bands and all-in-all jovial behaviour by the locals, and on the final day the fallas are judged and finally burnt amongst massive throngs of happy people.
It is a site to behold, and something I will never, ever forget. Magical!

Comments