Ctra. Denia-Javea, 48, Denia, Alicante Province, 03700, Spain

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Costs 48% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• mixed thoughts

This is a shared hotel, not exclusively saga. It didn’t bother us except for meal times during the weekends due to the influx of Spanish guests. We tried to leave the hotel as often as possible. The weather was great and the promenade nice, with the port just a few minutes away.
    I had read some reviews about this singer Jon Silver. And I must say, all were true.
    I’ve been on the Saga Ruby world cruise and this is the sort of entertainment which could make a difference. We may be old, but as this singer has shown us, we still know how to enjoy a lively evening. Me and my husband are looking forward to spending new yr’s eve with him. We wish him all the best.
    The excursion to guadalest and the callosa falls was memorable. Benidorm not as much.

• definately a cultural clash

We were a group of 4 ladies, over the easter period, stayed for 3 weeks. I had been to this hotel before and it was what we were after. quiet location, right next to the sea, long walk along the port, good food, amazing staff, clean rooms. However, it all went crazy with the arrival of the spanish guests over the weekends. not enough bar area, not enough lounge area, a struggle during meal times.
    Luckily we had exclusive entertainment 4 times a week. A saxophone duo and a comedian were quite good. But we really looked forward to this singer, Jon Silver, or as we called him, sexy Jon Silver. Each week was a night to remember. Brought back memories of my nightclub days.
    Will consider the time frame next time I visit this hotel. But will sure like to meet Jon Silver again.

More about Port Denia

Marriott Hotel Denia

by LauraB2B

Hi guys! I'm thinking of getting married in the Marriott hotel in Denia. Has anyone stayed /eaten there? I have heard mixed reviews! Please advise!!
Thanks!!

Hi laestrella
Thanks for the info.
Yes I am defiinitely getting married here!
What else can you tell me about the area. Are there any restaurants you would recommend? One restaurant has been recommended to me but I cant find it anywhere its called Marina Clareta, have you heard of it? do you know much about the live music scene here as I am trying to book a band for the wedding.
Any advice is appreciated
Thanks
All the best

by LauraB2B

Hi LastrellaIf I remember correctly the older town of Javea seemed a little more authentic. Having said that I havent spent much time in either town but from the little I saw I think I prefer Javea.... it seemed less built up / touristy than Denia. Las brisas restaurant has been recommended to me. have you heard of it? or are there any other restaurants you would recommend for good food?

I look forward to hearing from you
Thanks!

by LauraB2B

Thanks so much for the recommendations. That should keep me busy for the 8 days I am there! ;-)
All the best