Servigroup Papa Luna

Tags

Family Travel
See Amenities
DSwede's Profile Photo

The largest resort on the beach

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 16, 2011

Having been lured in by the large fountains, the big swimming pool, proximity to the beach and the being only 200m from the center, the Papa Luna appears to be one of the best resorts in the Peniscola~Benicarlo~Vinaros stretch of beach.

I'd have to say that our stay here had both pluses and minuses. For example, the front reception was extremely helpful, when we were actually able to speak to them. The hotel caters to large groups and conventions, so there always seems to be a swarm of people in the lobby.

Upon check-in, when I asked if the breakfast was included, I was told absolutely yes. However when I received my bill, it was itemized and broken out separately, so you could have actually stayed for less if you opt to avoid the buffet. The breakfast buffet was good, but I'd not rate it as a 4-star as the hotel claims, but rather a 3-star.

Also, there is a gymnasium which we wanted to use since we could not go running outside (raining). We found out that even to use the self-service equipment would cost 8Eur each, because it is coupled with the spa/sauna. You cannot use one without paying for the other.

The pool was very clean and refreshing. However the hotel does not provide towels. I would expect a 4-star hotel to provide those types of essentials.

Unique Quality: Parking (covered) is available for 9Eur.
WiFi is free throughout the hotel with a password from reception.
There are large convention salons for weddings, etc.
There one of the largest pools in town.

Directions: On the beach, about 200m from the center

• Fitness Center
  • Kids Activities
  • Free High Speed Internet

Peñíscola Travel Forum

Need advice about Peñíscola, Spain? Visit the Travel Forum for Peñíscola and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Peñíscola hotel reviews