B&B Mare de Deu - Jardines del Turia

Calle Mestre Racional, 23, Valencia, 46005, Spain
B&B Mare de Deu - Jardines del Turia
Booking.com Hostelworld.com Travelocity

More about Valencia

Don't forget the Aqua de Valencia!Don't forget the Aqua de Valencia!

Plaza de TorosPlaza de Toros

the bathroomthe bathroom

Paco stiring the brothPaco stiring the broth

Whim Visit - Now need Fantastic Advice

by FatimaInSpain

Hi All:

So I originally posted in the Spain forum trying to find a place to visit - got many responses, but something attracted me to Valencia. I'm getting married in the month of August (1st week) and wanted to set up a Honeymoon in Valencia (Dates are set: August 22nd - 29th for the trip). I've seen recent postings about Flats for rent for weekly visits. Here are a couple of questions I'm hoping you guys can answer for me:

1.) We're really wanting to attend La Tomatina that goes on - any avoidances we should consider?

2.) Anyone suggesting any great places to stay that they've been before (before I start roaming around all the holiday pages?)

3.) We're not much night lifers - we'd love to see the scenery and trails - any great places besides the one mentioned above between those dates?

We're also hoping to make it in time for the Formula F1 racing. Any general information or specific information anyone can give would be greatly appreciated (food, romantic places)! (All extra information is greatly welcome too!) :)

Thanks in advance all!

Re: Whim Visit - Now need Fantastic Advice

by ajbrowne

If your going to La Tomatina i would book your accomodation now. If you cant find anywere maybe look at a tour package with someone like first festival travel, busabout, topdeck or party professionals. They make things a lot easier and quicker alowing you to spend more time at other places + you will be with a group your own age looking to have fun.
I would recommend Andalucia area for other sights if you can make it down there. Granada and Seville sound amazing

Travel Tips for Valencia

The stars of the marine parc

by belgianchocolate

Ferdinand the Beluga at Duisburg zoo
has spend most of his life in that very very
small basin. When his partner died and he
was left alone wit a little jacobita they knew
that they had to find a new home for him.
After he left the two beluga's in Spain
are the only Beluga's in Europa.

And that is absolutely fine by me.
They are fascinating creatures. And even if
the enclosure they are in are very modern
I don't think these whales belong in a zoo.
I saw him swimming in his faka arctic giant
pool , 3 rounds round and 1 time breathing.
Still their looks captivated me.

Beluga is a specimen of whale that can be
found in the undeep arctic waters.
They can grow a 4.6m long and they are born
dark blue-gray or blackish. They become
white cream after 4 or 5 years.
A male can weight 1500 kg.

They normally live in groups of 5 to 10
individuals and they are hunted for their
oil , their skin and flesh.
In the arctic men eat them as well as they
serve for dog food. Only the idea make me
shiver.

They think there are about 60 000 beluga's left.

Paella

by al_mary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paella is a rice dish,
originally from Valencia,
where it is eaten especially
on Sundays and during the
Falles.
There are many variations
of it with different ingredients.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The name paella is the word for "frying pan" in Valencian,
from Latin paella. However, the dish has become so popular
in Spanish that the word paellera is now usually used for the
pan and paella almost exclusively for the dish.

Paella is usually garnished with vegetables and with meat
or seafood. The three main ingredients are rice, saffron,
and olive oil ......

VISIT THE MESTALLA STADIUM

by MaheshSamtani

The MESTALLA stadium is home to the Valencia Football club team. This is a legendary stadium that has lived many important games with mythical players and probabably all the important teams of Europe have in some occasion or other, in some competition or friendly matches have played over here.

The club is now constructing their new stadium and are giving their fans the possibility of going around the stadium as it is possible in many other venues of other great teams around the continent. This stadium was inaugurated on the 20th of May 1923 and has a capacity to seat 55.000 people. The club has just celebrated its 90th birthday as it was formed on the 18th of March in the year 1919. So be sure that history awaits you during this visit.

The cost is 6 Euros a person. You can book a tour from Monday to Friday, which goes on for an hour and will get to see the ground, the rooms that the teams use, the press conference room and other parts that are not normally visible when you think of a stadium. The timings are from 10 in the morning till 1 in the afternoon. You can buy your tickets at the official store in front of the stadium or book them by phone or through the clubs website. These contacts are given below.

Malls 2

by ocean_fire about Near City of Science

I'll update the name once I look on the map...forgot the name. Anyway, once I got off at the end of the bus 95 line (the end towards the sea side) I saw this huge mall. Didn't get the chance to stroll through it, but I guess it's worth the visit for someone on the shopping frenzy!!!

Warning!!!
I tried to get from...

by lobstop

Warning!!!
I tried to get from Barcelona to Valencia by train. I thought that it might be no problem at all. Buy a ticket and get on a train. If I don´t find a seat, I still can sit on the floor!
The bad thing! You need reservation to get a ticket. So I had to wait 12 hours to get the next available seat - and that was in the first class (preferente)!!! It was very expensive but also very nice. The train was a Euromed and they served food and drinks for free to your seat and also showed a movie! But I had to pay 50€ one way.
On the way back I took the bus for 18€. It took me only one hour longer.

Comments