Avenida Pio XII 4, Valencia, Valencia Province, 46009, Spain

Orbitz.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 38% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• VERY BAD EXPERIENCE

We stayed in hotel expo Valencia from May 25 to 28 2010. We had VERY BAD EXPERIENCE. I was working on the computer inside the hotel lobby and my bag containing all my valuables and PASSPORTS was stolen within five minutes from the hotel lobby. The hotel had no security guides or CC cameras. The cameras were installed but NOT WORKING. My total loss was about USD5000 (FIVE THOUSAND). The hotel staff was not very helpful. I had a really terrible experience.

Unique Quality: NONE

• Aloe9678's Profile Photo

Great base for an adventure.

I arrived in Valenica after what seemed like a really, really long day. My check-in was quick, the amenities explained and the room comfortable. The staff tried to help me track down my suitcase and have plug adapters on-hand. There is a charge for Internet, but it wasn't any more than I've spent at some hotels in the U.S.

I didn't visit the dining room, but I did make a few stops in the bar, which had seating outside when I was there in August 2008; it's also where they serve the continental breakfast. It wasn't fancy, but I think the cafe con leche, orange juice and croissant were the best I'd had. Definitely a great way to start the day. There was also a wide assortment of newspapers and magazines.

There is a Metro station practically next door, and a bus stop across the street. The lobby has a ton of information on tourist attractions, and the desk staff gave great directions. An entrance to the Turia Gardens is at the end of the block.

The Expo chain has a club, if you think you might stay in one of their properties, joining before you make your reservation will result in some treats being ready for you upon your arrival. I didn't get to take advantage of this in Valencia, but I did in Barcelona.

Unique Quality: The rooftop pool had a great view, especially at night. The pool itself is only open until 11, but I believe the bar surrounding it was open until 1 a.m. on the weekends.

The best reason to stay here is how close it is to public transportation. Also, Alex (female) the bartender, if she's still there, is very, very helpful.

Directions: Within walking distance of Barrio del Carmen.

• barbskie's Profile Photo

Good accomodations

A three Star hotel located across the street from the river bed now Turia Park, a part of a large shopping-mall, Nuevo Centro, close to Corte El Ingles, and just five kilometers away from the historic city centre.
    TV, mini bar, direct dialing and safe are available.

Unique Quality: Panoramic city views from the rooftop pool terrace where drinks are also served, international newspapers in the lobby, unwind with a drink in the informal piano bar and dine at its Mandarin Restaurant.

Directions: At the shopping-mall Nuevo Centro and Corte El Ingles

• Tricky_Dicky69's Profile Photo

Hotel Expo - Valencia. Good value for money.

We stayed at The Expo for 3 nights in March, 2005. My Wife, Chris, arranged the trip to Valencia as a birthday treat for me. The rooms were a reasonable size, fairly basic but nice and clean. We found the staff to be helpful and friendly. Our Porter gave us a free map of the city and was happy to answer our questions about transport etc.

We didn't use the restaurant but it looked O.K. and had a fixed priced menu with enough choices on each course. We did, however, make full use of the bar for late night drinks when returning to the hotel after a night out. Service was good, reasonably priced and the measures of Cointreau were generous to say the least. One day I couldn't walk straight until lunchtime !!

Unique Quality: The Expo isn't right in the centre of the city but that's fine by me. There are a few restaurants in the local area including an amazingly cheap chineese across the road. There is a large shopping centre right next door as well as an El Corte Ingles.

There is a taxi rank right out front as well as bus stops. It's a one minute walk to the Campanar Metro station which is on line 1 ( The Yellow Line ). The city centre is about a 15 minute walk if you are feeling energetic.

This is a good no-frills 3 * Hotel which was good value for the rate we paid. I would consider staying there again.

Directions: Nuevo Centro area ( to the north of the city centre )

• benidormone's Profile Photo

The best location

The Location of the Expo Hotel is just perfect. Its not far from the city center and its next to The Nuevo Centro, Valencias biggest shopping center. The Bus station is also just around the corner. The metro station is located at the shopping center. The hotel restaurant offers a typical Valencian three meal course for only 10 Euro. The rooms have all the comfort that you need.

Unique Quality: What this hotel makes a bit special is the swimming pool on top of the roof. You have a magnificent view over the city of Valencia.

Directions: Shopping center Nuevo centro and the bus station

• LanaFromRiga's Profile Photo

Democratic prices and democratic quality

Comfortable 3 starts hotel not far from the historical centre of Valencia.

Unique Quality: The hotel has swimming pool in the top of building. Rooms are comfortable and clean.

More about Expo Hotel Valencia

Very Practical

by TripAdvisor Member cegeorge

I stayed in the Hotel Expo Valencia for my hen weekend for 2 nights. Originally I was worried as I had the responsibility of all the hen party (10 girls) so making sure that we had all the amenities was a must. Before we left, I telephoned the hotel and asked about bus trips to the beach and how far away the town was. The receptionist was very helpful and even gave me a weather review as well.
The journey from Valencia airport was only a 10 minute taxi ride at only 10 euros (2 euros each then as we shared x4 to a cab) very cheap.

When we arrived at the hotel, everything at reception was sorted out very quickly and they knew exactly what they were doing. We were all given keys and the safe boxes were around the corner if you wanted one although the keys were quite big to carry around. As this was a 3* hotel, we were all very impressed by how clean the rooms were however we did not eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the food.

When we arrived we went straight up to the roof top pool which was the best thing about the hotel. You could see for miles. The only bad thing I would say is the locks on the entrance doors and ladies toilets. One of the party got stuck in a toilet and could not move the lock to get out so had to crawl under the door which was a bit scary.

The bus ride to the beach was 20 minutes away but well worth it. The bus ride was interesting and you get a sight of the town and gardens on the way. The nightlife was fantastic and within walking distance from the hotel but there was always taxi's waiting outside the hotel if you required one. The hotel lobby also had a piano bar where we had drinks before we left for the town.

We even stocked up on food and drink from the massive supermarket just behind the hotel. We emptied the contents of the hotels mini bar and put our own consumables in the fridge in our rooms and no one minded.

I would say that this is great value for money for a 3* and it's quiet at night as you are just enough distance away from the town but it's still walkable.
Would definately stay there again - from a very happy married woman:-)

Great Weekend Break Hotel

I stayed at the Hotel Expo with a group of friends from the 1st to 3rd July. The hotel is exactly what you would expect from a 3 star property.

The rooms are a good size and were clean and tidy. Each had a mini bar (not too pricey!), tv, telephone and a good sized bathroom with bath, shower etc. The rooms are air-conditioned, but to be efficient this needed to be left on all the time. You need to insert your room key into a slot to activate this and the electricity in the room, but we found that any plastic credit card size card worked - take a spare loyalty card or similar with you to leave in the slot when you go out!

The roof top pool is a real bonus. Plenty of sun beds, nice pool and amazing view over the city. Just what you want after a day of sightseeing.

The hotel is located just outside the old town, which is a ten/fifteen minute stroll away, or a cab will cost you about 4 or 5 euros. Perfect location for exploring the city.

We didn't have breakfast in the hotel as it was not included, but there are plenty of little cafes in the shopping centre opposite that are very reasonable.

Other reviewers have said that the hotel was noisy. There is a busy road outside but the rooms are double glazed so this didn't bother us too much. The fun fair mentioned is very small, and we didn't hear any noise from this at all. Try and get rooms on the 11th or 10th floors as these are closer to the pool and also further away from the traffic noise.

All in all very good value for money - would recommend!

Horrible old Place

by TripAdvisor Member FriarTuck

Stayed here with my girlfriend in May, and there is only one word for this place.....a dump. When we arrived we found it difficult to converse with any of the reception staff as very few of them had english. When we got to our room, we found it shabby and non descript, white walls, no character. The walls are paper thin and you can hear people in the next room. In the bathroom while taking a shower, I noticed an opening above my head, some damage had been done there and there was a hole. I had an image of somebody looking down from above! I said to my gf, staying in this hotel was like taking a step back 20 years ago. It is an old hotel which needs a total overhaul.

Before we stayed there I had heard there was a pool at the top of the building, on arrival we were told it was closed even though it was late May. The hotel also advertises it has a piano bar, all this is, is a small bar in a box room with a piano in the corner. The night we went down there was a crowd of drunk Irishmen with nobody playing the piano! I'm Irish and that would have been good to join them, but not really when you're on a romantic holiday with your girlfriend!!

The breakfast room which doubles up as a bar at night is big, and the breakfast buffet style includes everything you need with as much as you can eat, but again this room was dirty. I found it hard to find a clean teaspoon the morning I went down, and also saw a race between two ants at the coffee table.

In the end we tried to soften the blow by making a joke about the place to each other, likening it to a major franchise of fawlty Towers. However in the end I think it spoiled our visit to Valencia. My advice...stay away and pay a little extra for a nicer place.

Cheap and cheerful

by TripAdvisor Member The_Truffles

We booked this hotel through the 'net - for January, it was an absolute steal.

The hotel itself is getting on a little bit - the outside mirrors most of the post-war buildings of Spain, i.e. sun-bleached and tired. That shouldn't put you off, however.

The room itself whilst basic, was clean and of a reasonable size. The bathroom was bigger than average for the class of hotel and enjoyed regular servicing by a very efficient house-keeper. The staff were helpful and relaxed. Even breakfast was better than we had expected.

In terms of location, it's a very pleasant 10 minute walk to the cathedral and the rest of the old town. If you're here for the football, the stadium isn't very far away either.

This is never going to be the most upmarket hotel in Spain - but it doesn't pretend to be otherwise. It's clean, functional, in a good location and is as cheap as chips.

For a short break away, it's a great choice and we'd stay there again.

Hotel Expo - Valencia.Hotel Expo - Valencia.

airport to expo hotel

by collyox

hi my wife and 1 are visiting valencia july 12th for 10 days, can please you tell how to get from airport to hotel expo valencia. is there a bus from airport? where do i get it? whats its number? where do i get off for expo hotel?also what and where is the euro zone that i have heard about? thanks for your help . collyox

by MaheshSamtani

Hi,The expo Hotel in Valencia is just next to the Central bus station which in spanish is called the estacion de autobuses. From the airport you have a bus from the CVT company which is a yellow coloured bus that takes you right down to the estacion de autobuses. The hotel is hardly a 50 meters once you get here. Another option is the Aerobus, a blue coloured bus, that you get from the airport to the city center which will take you near the Gran Via which is nearby from where you will have to take a taxi. Another option is taking the metro till the city center and changing for one that goes to Nuevo Centro, which is a shopping center into which the Expo hotel is in.
Hope it helps. have a nice trip. You have quite some tips on my Valencia page.
Best regards
Mahesh

by qaminari

What do you mean by "the euro zone" in Valencia that you have heard about? I can't think what district you might mean, what did you hear was supposed to be distinctive about it? The expo zone is called Nuevo Centro. The Carmen district (barrio del Carmen) is a trendy area.
As you live in the UK you surely know that (the whole of!) Spain uses the euro..? Are you really asking which other countries use the euro?!

by collyox

sorry i heard there was a area which had lots of food and drink available for 1 euro, sorry if i have been miss informed. cheers

by qaminari

I think it might be this (one!) tapas place: http://www.valenciavalencia.com/restaurant-guide/tapas-bars/100-montaditos-tapas-bar.htm

by Belsaita

I was wondering what did you mean about "euro-zone" too. No, I don't think there is any especific "zone" you can get this, even many places may have tapas for 1 euro. Be careful as these "cheap" places may end to be more expensive than places where you have a fixed-price menu.

100-montaditos is a fun place indeed and the "montaditos" (small baguettes) are pretty good, I think there was an offer of 10 montaditos plus drinks and chips for 12 euros, and this was more than enough for me and my friend (in fact is a chain, you find these in other cities around Spain)

by Belsaita

Forget to say that near Plaza de la Reina (where 100-montaditos is) there are 2 of the oldest "horchaterias" in Valencia: Santa Catalina and El Siglo, you should not miss these (as you probably will visit the Cathedral, and it will be hot... you may have a good horchata after or before)

Comments