Paseo de Alameda 38, Valencia, Valencia Province, 46023, Spain

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 28% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• angidesign's Profile Photo

Modern

We had a very pleasant stay in this modern 4-star hotel. The rooms very very big and nice and clean. Nothing to complain about. We need about 30 minutes walking to the city center, the gardens of the turia were just in front of the hotel, and to the new Ciudad de las Arts and Ciences it was about 10 minutes by foot. But there was a bus stop near the hotel (but we didn't use it). We once took a taxi in the city center (about 4 euros) and a taxi to the Americas Cup harbour (about 5 euro).

Unique Quality: Indeed they have a pool on the roof, but it was closed until June. 2 or 3 restaurants are integrated in the hotel, the meals sounded good, but we prefered to eat in the city center, so i cannot tell anthing about the quality. There was too a sauna and a fitness center, but we didn't use them either.

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo

Highly Recommended

This is a hotel performing well in all relevant aspects. Not the cheapest one, not the most luxurious one, but one offering an excellent compromise between quality and affordability. Good location next to the Turia Gardens near the Music Palace. Quality rooms, good buffet breakfast.

Unique Quality: I was delighted about the accessibility of our specially adapted room. It was reasonably spacious with a big bathroom offering both a wheel-in shower and an accessible tub. When I visit this friendly city again, I will certainly stay here again.

• Tripack's Profile Photo

A comfortable and well located stay

The Holiday Inn Valencia offers 200 comfortable rooms and suites with all modern and standard equipments. I remember that my room was particulary spacious as the bathroom. Staff was friendly, helpful and multi-language speakers -> small flags with foreign languages ability were disclosed on their official jacket tag. I never get thirsty at the bar as the servive was efficient...

The only thing which would be improve is the swimming pool... but due its location on the top roof with a great view it is obvious that it has not enough room for a 25meters bassin... So just relax in it and don't try to beat your personal best performance in 100m free style ;-)

Its location is very convenient as the hotel is five minutes away from the Port. Ideal HQ for the next American's Cup in 2007: Go Alinghi!!! Also close to L'Hemisferic, Principe Felipe Science Museum, Imax Cinema, the largest European Aquarium L' Oceanografic' and the Opera House (Sciences and Arts City). The historic center is only a ten-minute walk just like the town's beaches.

What a visit program...

More about Holiday Inn Valencia

How do i get into town centre from airport? Taxi or Bus?

by Kimstar

I'm travelling to Valencia on a sunday morning and planning on staying for about 4 nights. Can anyone tell me how I can get to the city centre other than using a taxi?? Is the metro reliable? How far is the station from the airport? and which station to i get off at once in central?
Any advice would be appreciated please! THANK Q!

RE: How do i get into town centre from airport? Taxi or Bus?

by tango_jd

You can get a bus from the airport to the town centre (the bus station) outside the airport but on the upper level where the road sweeps around from a raised section.

The bus costs 1 euro or very little but the bus station is a fair way out of the centre or from the new science park for example.

I was there in Oct 05 and I didnt see a metro link at the airport. (The hotel told us the link wasnt working yet but that was back in 2005)

The taxi from the bus station to our hotel (Holiday Inn Valencia) was 5 euros.

The distance from town to the airport isnt that great but I dont know how much the taxi costs - the bus winds in and out of side streets and zig-zags into town - about 30 - 40 minutes I think. It was easy from the bus station but getting to the airport from other bus stops would have been difficult as thee is not much English spoken! I suppose it depends where you are staying as the beach area is a fair way from the town centre - about 40 mins walk!

I have some photos - www.johndavies.org.uk - I recommend the old town (centre obviously), the modern science park buildings, the Sea World centre (Fabulous) and the beach area. The harbour will have a lot of building work going-on because the town is hosting the Americas Cup sailing event in 2007.

Try the Horchater - a milky drink made from a sort of nut.

I am away on holiday myself tonight - I wish I had longer to go into this with you as we loved the place. We went for the annular eclipse of October 2005.

RE: RE: How do i get into town centre from airport? Taxi or Bus?

by Kimstar

Thanks for your advice about the bus and metro. Also the tips on where to visit... i think we'll be staying in the old town near the cathedral. We will definately be going to the Ocean World as I've read a lot of great reviews and after your suggestion it seems its a must.
Thanks again for your help!

RE: RE: How do i get into town centre from airport? Taxi or Bus?

by alexenvalencia

Hi Kimstar

Yes, the bus is the easiest - costs 4 euros these days and takes you in half an hour to the back of the train station, from there its 5-10 min walk to the edge of the centre. You could catch a taxi from there if you have lots of luggage. Taxi from the airport will be around 10-15 euros to the centre

There are plenty of things to see and to do, write to me - let me know what kind of things you like, eg museums, architecture, history, entertainment etc

Comments