Husa Reina Victoria Valencia

CheapTickets.com HotelTravel.com Hotels.com

Rated 11% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• JessieLang's Profile Photo

Convenient Location

The Husa Reina Victoria is an early 1900s classic hotel that has been nicely modernized. It has 96 rooms. There is a nice sitting room and bar on the “E” floor. My room had attractive dark woodwork and looked very nice. The only drawback for me was the very hard bed. It also had a strange uni-pillow—one very long pillow that went across the bed rather than 2 separate ones.

Unique Quality: The big advantage of this hotel is its location—I could walk a lot of places. I would probably stay here again in spite of the bed because it was so convenient.

More about Valencia

flamenco in valenciaflamenco in valencia

the interior view of the poolsthe interior view of the pools

Inside Santa AnaInside Santa Ana

The PRADA night t the marketThe PRADA night t the market

weather and clubbing

by mohanballard

Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask a couple of questions. Firstly, me and a friend are going to be coming over to Valencia in september, flying over on the 11th, for four days.

What I wanted to know is, I've read that september and october are known as the wettest parts of the year, is early september ok weather wise? because to be honest when I read this it brought me down a bit!, I'm really worried were going to get there and its going to be hammering down with rain everyday and in the evenings!.

also, regarding the amount of people that will be in valencia. I also read that in september it can become 'quieter', is this true?, because we plan to go clubbing and what not and we want a busy, lively atmosphere. were worried we'll get there and it'll be dead!.

we came to Valencia last year in july so we know we did'nt have to worry about these problems! lol.

Thanks so much guys for your help.

by Aitana

In Valencia and all the region, in September-October the phenomenon called "gota fria" (heavy rainfall) can occur, but it doesn't mean that it rains everyday. In general September is a good month, the weather is ok.

Although it will be quieter, I don't think it will be dead. In fact, many people living in Valencia will have come back from their holidays. But a long time has passed since I lived in Valencia, better wait for the answers of someone living there.

by drosg

Hi,

Don't worry about the weather, September is a perfect time to visit Valencia because it's warm but not too hot like in summer that it can be boiling. Moreover, the "gota fria" is delaying every year and for your holidays I really think that it won't be ;)

Regarding clubbing, you'll find a great nightlife and nothing dead! I don't know how old you're or the kind of music that you like, but I'd recommend you "Barrio del Carmen".

If you need more information about clubbing feel free to contact wit me.

Enjoy your holidays ;)

by MaheshSamtani

Don’t let the weather spoil your plans. It certainly is unpredictable. Today has been a rainy day and we are in august and with our umbrellas well tucked away.

As mentioned in the previous post, for your dates of travel you should be lucky to still enjoy some good weather.

As for the clubbing, there are many good places to go around depending on your personal choices. Of late there are great places around the port America area which should be active when you are here apart from the traditional pub areas like Barrio del Carmen, Juan Llorens or the new area of very chic pubs which is Avenida de Francia with bars like Singles and a few other ones. You also have some pubs with live music such as Black note( funky, soul and jazz - see my tip on this one) Radio city (www.radiocityvalencia.com ) , etc., the list is too big. there is a lot going on in Valencia. here is a link with information you might find interesting.
it is in Spanish, however should you need help, feel free to ask.
best regards
Mahesh

Travel Tips for Valencia

Orange trees!

by sue_stone

I didn't really know that much about Valencia before I visited, but the one thing that did come to mind when I thought about the city was that Valencia was a type of orange. Valencia's have a high juice content and are sweet and delicious, so I've been told.

Did that mean that oranges would be available in copious amounts in Valencia....were the 2 connected at all...

Well by the looks of the orange trees covering the city, I guess they are connected! Along with palm trees, orange trees were all about, used to line streets and footpaths. It was certainly unusual, but one of my favourite things about Valencia.

Lonja de la Seda (Silk Exchange)

by Carmela71

Lonja de la Seda (Silk Exchange) is well worth a visit (weekdays and Sunday mornings only).

It is a gothic building and one of the most important in its class in Spain.

Recently it has been promulgated Heritage of Mankind by the UNESCO.

The crida

by DanielF

The official start of the Falles festival is the "crida". The Fallera major and all the local authorities climb to the top of the Serrans Gate and announce to the city that the Falles are officially opened.

Castle and Roman Theatre

by Clairedoll

If you want a break from the city head on a day trip to Sagunto which is about twenty minutes north of Valencia. There's a bit of a climb to the Roman Theatre and the Castle but once you reach the top the views are amazing!

Metal

by maria_mullah about Immortal

Busy bar/pub which palys quite a lot of alternative music,
mainly metal. Good for people watching and drinking/
chilling out, but unfortunately no room for dancing =/ Not really, but don't look too snobbish

Comments