The Westin Valencia

Amadeo de Saboya, 16, (formerly Westin Alameda), Valencia, Valencia Province, 46010, Spain

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• MaheshSamtani's Profile Photo

Refined Luxury

This is one of the cities newest hotels and probably the most luxurious ( there are others coming up soon ) Could we call this the most glamourous hotels which is home to the most important people ( and pockets ) when they come to Valencia. Rently when they had the world premier for the Williams formula 1 team, World champion Fernando Alonso stayed here.
    Great interiors, great chandiliers, a very nice piano bar. This hotel has been recently innaugurated and some of the facilities are still in the making ( feb 2007 ) the have aninterior garden where you can have a drink in a very specially sofisticated atmosphere.
    the building of the hotel is a classic structure of the city, which has been refurbrished to create a very unique exterior.

Unique Quality: If you are travelling with pets - relax - they will be well taken care of.

Directions: Near the Alameda.

More about The Westin Valencia

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JDERV

The Westin Valencia is a definite high 4 star/bordering on 5 star hotel. The hotel has been open about 1 year and thus has all the modern amenities (such as high speed wireless internet in every room). The hotel is actually a renovated wool warehouse/market and it has many interesting architectural features. A friend of mine said it looks like a castle from the outside.
The rooms are very nice and spacious with nice contemporary yet functional furnishings. The bathrooms are particularly stunning with a nice rain-shower head shower enclosed in a spacious glass area - separate from the tub. There is also a separate WC with both toilet and bidet.
The staff at this hotel are fantastic. I was particularly impressed at check in when the clerk took the time to present a map of Valencia - indicating the location of the Westin vs. the sites to see in the area. The hotel is approx. 10 minutes walking to the main shopping street (calle colon) and maybe 5 more minutes to the old city. The City of Arts and Sciences is about a 25 minute walk. There are not many restaurants in the immediate area of the hotel but the 15 minute walk to the old city leads to many restaurant options.
OK - the minuses - I had 1 good room service experience and 1 horrible room service experience. The good experience was a very tasty cheeseburger delivered within 15 minutes. The bad experience was a less than adequate green salad and soup which took more than 1 hour (yes for soup and a salad and a bottle of water) and which cost 41 Euros. The prices in the restaurants in the hotel were high - although breakfast was included in my rate and was a very nice selection of European and American breakfast items.
I would highly recommend the Westin Valencia to anyone looking for a place in Valencia. It is first rate all the way.

Is 5* really worth the price?

by TripAdvisor Member jean-s

Everything about the style and ambience of this hotel has already been said so I thought I would base my review on costs and value.

We normally go high end 4 star and pushed the boat out with The Westin to see whether is would suit us. We upgraded to the terrace room so our stay even with 25% discounted was close to £160 per night without breakfast. I thought this too high considering it was so early in the season. The hotel was a little too far from the city centre for it to be a comfortable walk and the metro didn't really help except to go to the port/beach area.

My booking was based on what was supposedly a pre paid credit card bill but on the last day we got a bill through our door asking for that amount plus our room upgrade. I went to reception to say I had prepaid and they later rang my room and told me I had nothing extra to pay after all.

Great I thought, they have given me a free upgrade - which has happened in other trip advisor reviews. But no, when my credit card statement came through, they hadn't actually taken the money at point of booking as they claimed and they had added the upgrade, 7% tax and an amount which looked like it was a voluntary contribution from me to a charity.

I thought all of that was very unprofessional from a 5 star hotel. If anything is going on my credit card then they should have had me check it over and agree to it.

So this is why I have given the hotel 3*. Our room was very comfortable but on balance I wouldn't use The Westin Valencia again. I did like Valencia though and if you check out my forum contributions you will find a long trip report mentioning restaurants and attractions.

(Almost) Heavenly Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Zilana

We stayed 3 nights at the Westin Valencia on a long weekend leisure/shopping trip. The hotel itself is beautiful and the room (Premium Deluxe) was stunning. The rooms are apparently all a bit different, but the fact is that the more expensive terrace rooms are smaller than those without the terrace. They offered us a free upgrade but when we saw the supposedly better room, we opted to stay in our original room. The hotel has only 2 stories, but the insulation is such that you will not hear any traffic if you have an exterior facing room like ours, even on the 1st floor.
The hotel advertises its beds, linens, towels, etc. as Heavenly Bed & Bath. The bed really was comfortable. The brochure advertising the Heavenly bath line showed a twin shower head. Ours was a big old rusty single one. There is also a hand-held shower, which is the one we used. The system for changing from one shower head to the other takes a bit of imagination and the hotel really should leave instructions in the bathroom.
I dropped a piece of the wrapper from my soap on the floor of the separate toilet/bidet room and it remained there for as long as we did, so I can only assume the maid did not mop the floor. On the second day, she left her wash rag on the bathroom counter.
The carpet leading to the rooms from the elevator has a few long strings hanging off, which really should be clipped as it looks quite sloppy.
The breakfast is wonderful - fresh orange juice from Valencia oranges! - and a huge but tastefully presented variety of food to sample, including omelets made to order. Try to get a good rate for the hotel including breakfast because there really aren't any little cafés or pastry shops in the area to sneak off to, as the hotel isn't in the center of town. There is a metro station just a short walk away, which connects to the historical/shopping district in just 2 stops.
One of the reasons we chose this hotel was because of the spa, but we only used it once. The swimming pool was just too cold to be comfortable. The spa is privately run, although hotel guests have free access, so I don't know exactly who is saving money on the heating bills. One or two degrees would really make the difference. There wasn't anything else to attract us in the spa - very few deck chairs, one sauna, one steam bath, no amenities in the showers.
All in all it was a relaxing weekend and Valencia is an excellent place to visit for museums, history, gastronomy (paella!) and shopping.

Wowww

by TripAdvisor Member DalalBahrain

This property is an absolute delight compared to other European hotels.
Upon arrival you are welcomed with a refreshing glass of lemon-infused water, and the staff couldn't be more friendly.
I was given a room that had a bath but no shower, so had to request to be moved, which was accommodated within 10 minutes. The room was extremely modern, with a plasma tv, a gloriously heavenly bed, a perfectly finished bathroom and a separate area for wardrobe/ changing.
The weather was lovely and just perfect to enjoy their garden terrace, which is set around a fountain and palm trees. The food was extremely fresh- don't miss the chicken caeser salad!
There was a bit of a language barrier, as some of the staff didn't speak very fluent English, which was mainly a problem when ordering breakfast.

Location is quite good- around 20 minutes walk to the shopping and siteseeing center, which had a nice square, large cathedral and several other sites.

But with a bed like that- who needs to go anywhere?!

The only shortcoming is the selection of tv channels- there was only one english speaking channel (CNN!).

highly recommended...

Can't wait to go back

by TripAdvisor Member spaddockuk

Outstanding in almost every way. Brilliant room and bath. Smashing pool and sauna. Breakfast out of this world. Staff quietly efficient in helping when required, especially in making bookings (I don't speak Spanish). Excellent parking and access in a town which is difficult to drive in.

Only downside - first, only two lifts at lobby - none at other end of hotel, so our room was 150 yards (yes, yards) from lift to door. Secondly, most of the time only the main hotel door was open - it was frustrating to have to walk three sides of the block past doors which ought to have been open. Thirdly, that a hotel charging over 200 euros a night made one pay quite a hefty sum for Internet access smacked of counting the pennies at the customer's expense. A pity.

Great weekend

by TripAdvisor Member protecs

Booked on [--]. 3 nights for the price of 2 offer.Premium deluxe room was huge with a dressing area, large bathroom with bath and huge shower.
Housekeeping and room service were excellent. Room over looked courtyard and was very quiet indeed.
Food was good quality but 5 star prices. Breakfast at 18 euros had a great choice and could fill you up until dinner.
A 20 minute walk to old town but mero just around the corner.
Metro line goes direct to airport in 25 minutes and very cheap.
Had booked Silken Puerta hotel but glad we cancelled as it is on a very busy main road .
A great 5 star hotel especially if you get a good special offer

absolutely great, if you can afford it

by TripAdvisor Member clare23

The location just outside the really busy streets was great for us.
It feels a lot more cosy & welcoming than your average big city hotel.
Service & facilities were excellent & the best breakfast spread we have ever seen.
I would stay here again if I return to Valencia - if I could get the same room price deal, as the hotel rates are expensive if you don't shop around.

excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MopiLondon

We come to valencia for business once a month and after trying most of the hotels in this city, The Westin is our favorite.
it's a great hotel. good rooms, good service, nice atmosphere and a beautiful and peaceful interior garden. It's the kind of hotel which is good to return to after a long day of work or a touristic stroll through the city.
apart from that there is a great spa with a swimming pool, sauna and steam room for the guests to use.

The Hotel To Stay in Valencia!

by TripAdvisor Member PLee_8

We stayed at the hotel for four nights and booked into a premium deluxe room. I arranged a trip for my partner's 40 birthday and to celebrate it in Valencia.

The hotel's building was a former wool exchange built in the belle epoque style of the early 20th century. The hotel has been beautifully done up on the exterior and interior.

The interior public spaces are very spacious and good use is made of the layout. The lobby with the high ceilings and enormous chandelier gives a luxurious ambiance upon entering and is well appointed. It has a beautiful tranquil sunny courtyard garden a lovely place to sit and have drinks lounging on the white leather sofas or under the shaded areas! Valencia has 300 days of sunshine annually!

On check in the staff were very friendly and professional the check in process was smooth. At reception Maria and Vivian were most helpful in their assistance! Upon entering our room it was spacious and has a lovely view of the expansive courtyard garden. In the bathroom Molton Brown toiletries are provided. A nice feature was the lavatory was separated from the shower area divided into two separate rooms.The spacious rain shower was another great feature. The Westin Heavenly Bed was fantastic and we had such restful sleep as the bed was so comfortable a great feature of the hotel's accomodation.

I had arranged with the the hotel to provide a cake to celebrate my partner's birthday which was pre arranged with the reception manager via email before the trip and when we returned to the hotel after dinner on the first evening it was waiting in the room!
It shows the hotel's commitment to providing the special touches in their service!

The hotel staff at reception were warm and friendly in the way they handled enquiries abour sights, directions ect. The bar which is a nice place to have drinks they were helpful and the ladies whom served us always provided the service with a smile and the atmosphere was relaxing. The pianist on the grand piano was a nice touch in the evenings from 7-9pm.

The hotel has a Caroli spa and pool where you can use the facilities which is nice after spending a day walking around the city.

The hotel is a convenient walk into the city and taxis can be arranged from the hotel. Just a 15 minute walk into the city centre area.

The hotel stands out due to the people who work there as they provide the guests with the feeling of a great place to stay when on visits to the city of Valencia!

Comments