Martinez Cubells 5, Valencia, Valencia Province, 46002, Spain

Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Costs 39% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• adema29's Profile Photo

Vinci Lys... good option

The hotel was a good choice for our trip in Valencia.

It is located no far from the Metro Station, in the vicinity of the Ayuntamiento (City Hall).
    You can reach the city center after 15 minutes walking, but doing this is not much as the way to the center is sided by beautiful buildings and the walk way is paved with red marble…
    The Hotel itself was OK for 4 stars, but I have to mention that they shall spend more energy trying to take out the “stains” on the armchairs.
    The area is quiet, the personnel are kind and helpful.

Unique Quality: Position, big rooms, quiet area

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Great Hotel by the Train Station

The Vincci chain, especially this hotel is very nicely done, the room is was great and the hotel situated in a very nice area close (but not too close) to the train station and bull ring, but also in the heart of the old town. The rooms are well done, maybe a little too well done.

Unique Quality: At the end of one day, the hotel was apparently where the matadors and company were staying due to the nearby proximity of the bull ring. After the bullfight they came in all in good moods except for the one that had apparently been on the wrong end of the fight.

• susieQ50's Profile Photo

Very nice Central Hotel

Very nice hotel. Comfortable room, not particularly big but
    nicely furnished. Very clean.
    Reception area with bar very good. Helpful reception
    staff who spoke good English. Retaurant looked good
    though we didn't try it as plenty of restaurants around
    Got a good deal including a spa coupon with Otels.com
    Would def stay ther again

Unique Quality: This Hotel is in the heart of everything
    A couple of minutes from the Bullring, Train Station,Metro
    Short walk to the Market .
    Lots of restaurants and shops seconds away

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Hotel Vincci Lys

When I only have a short time to visit a city, I love to stay right in the heart of it, close to restaurants and a walk away from some of the main attractions. So, when I came across the Hotel Vincci Lys in the heart of the old town of Valencia, it seemed like the perfect place to stay.

Hotel Vincci Lys is a stylish 4 star hotel, located only a block back from the Plaza del Ayuntamiento, and just a few minutes walk from Valencia's main train station. The entrance to the hotel is on a pedestrianised street, just off Paseo Ruzafa.

Unique Quality: There is a small bar/cafe in the relaxed lobby area and a restaurant which serves up a pretty impressive buffet breakfast (if you like sweet treats!) and is also open for dinner.

Our room was very nice. Clean, quite spacious and classy. There was a huge, comfortable bed and a good size bathroom.

Staff were friendly and all in all it was a very good experience. I would definitely recommend Hotel Vincci Lys as a good central place to stay, and would happily stay there again.

Directions: The entrance to the hotel is on a pedestrianised street, just off Paseo Ruzafa.

Nearest metro: Colon
    Also only a few minutes walk from Estacion del Norte

More about Vincci Lys

A bit too pricey for a beer...

by Roadquill about Carpe Diem Restaurante

Right across the street from the Vincci-Lys Hotel I stayed at, I thought I would test the waters so to speak by ordering a beer in the late afternoon at an outside table. 5 euro for a smallish beer was too dear for me. I didn't try the food.

relax

I have just got back from a 3 night break at the Vincci Lys Hotel,I live in Mallorca Spain and had shut my office for a few days to have the carpet cleaned and wanted to get away,I have stayed in the Vincci groups hotel in Seville in Feb of this year which was very good ,so I thought that I would try the one in Valencia.What a great move on my part the wife loved it ,the rooms where very big and had all the things that you would aspect from a 4 star hotel the only reason that it is not 5 star I would say is that it does not have a pool,but there is a spa .The hotel is in a prime plot just by the bull ring and all the shops and bars etc.You must go and see the new arts centre which is only a 5 euros ride away.I had a fantastic time and room service was excellent.Enjoy this hotel and relax and chill out your love it.

Peter Ceva

Loved the Hotel and City

Trip Advisor is a great reference for finding a hotel, independent of a travel agent. My husband and I went to Valencia the end of April 2005 to visit our son who was finishing a semester at the University. We wanted a hotel that was convenient to his dorm and with some measure of charm since we had never traveled to Spain. We leaned heavily on your recommendation of this hotel and we were not disappointed. The staff was very kind and helpful and even offered to go get our bags at the airport hours after we arrived. We had a clean room that was simple but lovely. It had hardwood floors, a comfortable bed and a well appointed bathroom. The main attraction of the hotel was the location, with lots of tapas bars, restaurants and shops within walking distance of everything that we wanted to do in Valencia. Valencia is a wonderful old city, full of interesting parks, a cathedral in the center of town, a fantastic farmer's market, just to name a few of its attractions. After having seen some of the other hotels, we were very glad that we had chosen the Vincci Lys. In short, we fell in love with Spain and the Vincci Lys certainly contributed to our wonderful visit.

Bad Service

by TripAdvisor Member IrishEyesSmiling

I did a lot of research into this hotel and choose it for a few different reasons such as location and the Spa. However I didnt get a chance to enjoy this as upon arrival we were advised that the hotel was overbooked and then the people at check in changed their minds and said that there had been a flood at the hotel.
After about an hour wait in the lobby, we were put up at another hotel which appartently was also a 4 star. However, this was well outside the city centre and we had to pay about EUR12 everytime we wanted to get in and out of the city centre and also had to pay a lot more back to the airport.
The hotel we were put up in didnt offer the same facilities as the Vincci Lys and we didn't get our free Spa voucher or an apology.
The hotel looks lovely but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone due to the indifferent treatment we received from the staff.

Excellent location, excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member minor

My family and I have just returned from staying at this excellent hotel for 5 days.

Brilliant location right in the heart of the city, close to shops, Central Market, cinema and restaurants. Big rooms and large, clean bathrooms. Air conditioning was a bonus in April and in the height of summer i'd imagine its a necsssity.

Friendly staff and good measures in the hotel bar! Looked at many hotels before chosing this one on Expedia and we were not disappointed.

Taxi ride to the port area and beach is about 2kms but only costs approx 4 euros.

Taxi ride from airport approx 12 euros.

Visited at end of April and had hot sunny weather with temps above 25 degrees every day. Valencia is a fantastic city with loads of things to see and do plus lots of lovely food - beautiful beach too!

highly recommended

We recently spent a week at the hotel vinci lys in valencia. The hotel was really wonderful, excellent service, beautiful room, I could not fault a single thing.
Located in the heart of valencia, with a selection of cafe bars and restaurants nearby, 20 minutes from the beach and very close to the majority of tourist attractions. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting valencia who would like to stay at a luxury hotel at a fraction of the cost.

Good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member Citydweller2

I can't get quite so excited about this hotel as some other reviewers. It is indeed spotlessly clean and well located but we had a pretty poor room, quite small, next to the service elevator and with a view only of airconditioning units which meant we needed to keep the curtains shut when we were in the room. I know most hotels have rooms like this but you just hope you're not going to get one yourself! That small gripe aside a very reasonable hotel.

by tmpierce

We are planning a vacation to Valencia for September 2010. We are considering staying at the Vincci Lys hotel based on the location and reviews. If anyone has personal knowledge of this hotel and area, we would love to hear them.

by summa

Hi,have just read reviews from trip advisor and nearly all say it a great place to stay and right in the middle of the old town.Have been to Valencia and loved it,especialy the old town.

by Travel_kat

I've been to the Vincci Lys, but this was in 2005. So my information is not up-to-date. But I liked it very much. Friendly staff, nice rooms and a very large breakfast buffet. Location is very near the historic center, couldn't be better.

by tmpierce

Thanks. We also read those reviews as well. We are also trying to decide if we need to rent a car. We know we will want to visit the beach area, but think (from our reading) that we can do this by bus or train. We are from the US so not sure what we need in order to drive there. Can anyone help with this?

Neither of us speak any Spanish, will this be a problem

by MaheshSamtani

A few months ago I had some American friends who visited Valencia for the Fallas and they stayed at the Vinci Lys, which is just in the city center and they liked it very much. From what I could see it is new and seems to have been renovated recently.

Best regards