Colegios, 8, Alcala De Henares, 28801, Spain
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Alcalá de Henares

Help is on the way!Help is on the way!

The Cathedral's tower as seen from Calle MayorThe Cathedral's tower as seen from Calle Mayor

Hospital de Antezana in Alcala de HenaresHospital de Antezana in Alcala de Henares

The deserted train on our way from Madrid to AlcalThe deserted train on our way from Madrid to Alcal

how to get to the hotel ibis alcala de henares by train from barajas airport

by winreg

Can anyone tell me how to get from Barajas airport to the hotel Ibis alcala de henares by train at around 21.00 hrs on monday evening please.

Paul W-R

Re: how to get to the hotel ibis alcala de henares by train from barajas airport

by marielexoteria

The little I could find on http://www.ctm-madrid.es/como_ir_a/madrid/como_ir_a_madrid1.jsp?CODPANTALLA=0&CODBOTON=201 is that you take the subway line 8 to Nuevos Ministerios and from there the Cercanías train to Alcalá de Henares. I take it that it's kind of late to contact the hotel, but if you don't get a better answer maybe you should consider taking a taxi.

Hope it helps.

by winreg

Thany you Mariel for you advice. your speedy response was very helpful. When checking the site you recommended i couldn't find the right destination but not to worry. I did think of going by taxi but i like to try and use public transport because i think it always give you a flavour of the country.

Thanks agian for your assistance and a merry Christmas.

Paul W-R

by marielexoteria

I know what you mean :) If there's good transportation options then I don't use a taxi either. Try PM'ing VT member Redang. He lives in Madrid and I'm sure he knows better than me :)

Travel Tips for Alcalá de Henares

Make sure to pack a map!

by Jefie

The one thing you should definitely bring with you on your first trip to Alcala de Henares is a good map. While it is very easy to get around the old city area, finding your way from and back to the train station can be a bit of a nightmare. OK, I'll admit that I don't really have a good sense of directions but I'm not kidding: it took me half and hour to find my way back to the Paseo de la Estacion from the Plaza de Cervantes. And as the modern part of the city is nowhere near as charming as the historic part, you don't want to waste half an hour walking around there, trust me!

If you can't find a map beforehand, you can always stop by the tourist office booth located at the Plaza de Cervantes. They'll provide you with an OK city map and help you plan your day!

Comments