Aparthotel International

Costs 35% less but rated 56% lower than other 3 star hotels

Good For No Data

More about Madrid

Plaza Santa Ana- central MadridPlaza Santa Ana- central Madrid

Antonio gets photographic evidenceAntonio gets photographic evidence

Palacio RealPalacio Real

The main entrance of the Museo Reina SofiaThe main entrance of the Museo Reina Sofia

should I purchase Streetwise Madrid Laminated street city map beforehand

by 9tigers

or I can just wait until I get there to get free maps?
same apply to barcelona

ty
Daisy

by mccalpin

I have to admit that I like the Streetwise series, if for no other reason than that the maps hold up (tolerate handling) and are easier to store being somewhat rigid. A paper map in a high wind can be a mess(!) ;-). I don't know about free maps in Madrid and Barcelona, but I am afraid that you might get what you pay for...perhaps someone who has visited the tourist offices recently there can tell us...

Bill

by DanielF

There are several free maps available at most hotels which are good enough for a tourist visit, for instance the ones provided by the department store "El Corte Inglés". But you might wish to make some planning in advance and purchasing one of those laminated maps sounds like a sensible idea.

by royalempress

We also purchase Laminate street maps ahead of our journey. I save all our maps and they still look great while some of the paper maps are all torn up and rain smudged.

by rexvaughan

I too am a fan of Streetwise maps for the reasons Bill mentions. Also, I find they include virtually all of the streets in the center of the city. Other reasons: I like to get some orientation before I go - where is this or that from my hotel, which metro lines and stops are involved, etc. One of my personal rules of travel (I get lost easily) is that you can never have too many maps. If you have 3 different ones, I find that each includes some info not on the others. Many free maps are excellent but some are not. Get Streetwise.

by 9tigers

agree!!!!!!!!!!! ty all as always

Travel Tips for Madrid

Ride with the statue to the past - Plaza Mayor

by WanderingFinn

Plaza Mayor was fascinating to me as it was not at all similar to than to be in hectic downtown. I enjoyed the air and space around me, the old big statues, the historical nicely painted buildings - and my refreshment after a long walk.

Plaza Mayor is definitely one place where I would take my first-timer guest. When talking about Plaza Mayor - please see above.

PEOPLE HERE PAINT THEOUTSIDE WITH ART

by ROCKARIA

I for one am not used to see art splashed on a house facade like they do here in Madrid. This makes facedes interesting to look at and admire besides a free advert to the artist who did the job....would be hard to sell the painting though!!

Estudiantes (Basketball Club)

by Redang

If you like good basketball and want to have a great time, don't miss a match of Estudiantes together with its supporters called "La Demencia". Estudiantes plays at Telefónica Madrid Arena.

Address: Calle de Las Aves s/n
- Tel.: (+34) 91 588 93 93

How to get there:
- Metro: Alto de Extremadura (Line 6) and Lago (Line 6)
- Bus: 31, 33, 36, 39 and 65

Parque de atracciones (Amusement Park)

by SirRichard

This theme park is located not far from the center, in the Casa de Campo.
It is not fantastic, but has enough rides to keep U (and your kids!!!) busy for the whole day.

There are different tickets, from "just visiting" (5 euros) to "free rides in everything" (20 euros).

You can get here by metro (Batan, line 10).

Kapital (sp?) Amazingly huge...

by Teledude

Kapital (sp?) Amazingly huge dance club! There are 7 floors of dancing and the top roof opens up to the sky which is a nice treat after sweating so hard while dancing the morning away. Given, we went to a few smaller neighborhood bars when we first went out around 2:30 am to get a few drinks and catch up a bit. After a few, we ended up at Kapital.
It's a huge crazy slice of Madrid Nightlife! Many different types of dance music on many levels. Gorgeous people abound as well. Dancing til you nearly drop is expected. Remember to fill up on the Red Bull and Vodka! And please try and drink some water here and there or you WILL drop! Typical casual dress if you're from Europe. If you're from the States, it's a good idea to wear something a little better than jeans/t-shirt/baseball cap/sneakers! Remember you're not at your local college frat party! Dress as you would if you were to be going on a date. But remember it's all about having fun so if you don't have any nice clothes, don't worry too much, someplace will let you in.

Comments