Axor Feria Hotel

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 53% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Madrid

Puerto del Sol, MadridPuerto del Sol, Madrid

Casa de los Lujanes & part of it's tower (left)Casa de los Lujanes & part of it's tower (left)

Retiro parkRetiro park

Chocolateria San Gines in Madrid, SpainChocolateria San Gines in Madrid, Spain

Public Transportation Details for trip in the surroundings of Madrid

Hello!

I need to know how to get from Madrid (somewhere near the Metro) to Guadamonte (a couple Km's West of Madrid) and then back to somewhere where I can get the Metro from Molino de La Hoz, located about 15 km North of Guadamonte.

If someone knows how to collect this info, I would love to have rates, timetable and the process to buy tickets (from vendors, from the bus driver, etc).

Thank you in advance.

by Torgut

Thank you Pedmar, yes, of course it helps although you switch the directions (in and out of Madrid). No worries, I can reverse. The ticket is bought from the driver or do I need to buy in advance somewhere? Any rough idea of the cost? 1 Eur? 4 Eur?

Tks!

by mailberto

There are three bus companys in this area that communicate with Madrid from the places you are saying:
· www.autobuseslarrea.com
· www.autoperiferia.com
· www.busllorente.es
You buy the tickets directly in the bus, it'snot very expensive.

by Torgut

Hummm Perhaps I need urgent help... unlike Pedmar wrote, the bus 627 doesn't go to Guadamonte accordingly to the info displayed in the company website. It just goes to Brunete and back to Madrid. I really need to know how to get to Guadamonte, the big day for the trip is Tuesday.

by Torgut

Well, actually this is the situation: Pedmar refers to information in http://www.ctm-madrid.es/ which show bus 622 as being operated by Autocarres Herranz S.L. and the route suits me well as hell.

HOWEVER, the website of company Auto Periferia S.A. (http://www.autoperiferia.com) shows that they are running bus 622 and the route is not so good to me.

So... how can I solve this problem of contradictory information?

by Torgut

Well, trying to find something in that website is close to impossible. Of course I tried that before. I looked everywhere I could before posting. But anyway, from what I know right now, bus 626 is the best bet as it drops me in Vale de los Rosalles, about 2 km far from my starting point. Only 2 km is a bitter idea when I think I will have about 17 km ahead in my hiking trail. In the other hand I find hard to understand how can a village not be served by public transportation, especially being so close to Madrid.

Travel Tips for Madrid

Guide in Madrid and rest of Spain

by Jerrykl

We just spent three weeks in Spain -- visiting Madrid, Toledo, Bilbao, San Sebastian and Barcelona -- and loved it.

A major reason for our successful visit was our guide: Kelly O'Donnell, a transplanted Chicagoan who has lived in Spain for a number of years. For two days, Kelly walked with us through Madrid neighborhoods, pointed out major attractions and some lesser-known sites, and introduced us to some charming restaurants (and the best paella we've ever eaten). On the third morning, she drove us to Toledo for a memorable day. Kelly is a terrific person, a great companion and a wonderful guide. We highly recommend her to anyone visiting Spain for the first time. To see if she's available when you're in Spain (she gets booked up way in advance, we learned), here's her e-mail address: odkelly2002@yahoo.com/

Architecture: highlights (1)

by ger4444

As i was in Barcelana all the time i found Barna the walhalla for architecture. Since however i got acquainted with Madrid i definetely am in big doubt of that since this town has some offer of architectural beauty too. It has a hughe variety on architecture. In the old Madrid you find around the plaza del villa 16 th century glorious buildings. In the bourbon's period we find barroque style which is very decorative. And with Carlos the 3th the natural neo-classism style got introduced.

La Movida

by ger4444

After the death of Franco in 1975 a peroiod of personal and artistic freedom started. By the youth this got translated into experimenting with drugs, drinking and going out late. This phenomen is called la movida. the movement brought a lot of culture and one of the icons of the movement was film maker Pedro Almodovar, known for his satirical art movies such as tode sobre mi madre.

What most of travellers use...

by ctv881

What most of travellers use to miss are the surrounding areas. I highly recommend The Pedriza Park just in the village Manzanares el real. This Park is magnificent. One of the best of Spain.

Another place to visit is the northern mountain range of Madrid (Lozoya, Rascafría, El Paular and Montejo´s hagues close to Guadalajara)

Bourbon Café

by Propermark about Clubs

I was with my friends in Puerta Del Sol Square waiting for other friends to join us, we already had dinner that night, when a German girl approaches me and ask me in a confused Spanish " lo siento pero estoy buscando un club acerca de Puerta del Sol que se llama Bourbon Café y pensaba que tu siendo espanol puede ayudarme"... well actually I'm not Spanish I replied :))) but we went together to look for it and then spent a wonderful dancing night! Bourbon Café is nice and it may get packed after 1 am. Casual

Comments