Best Western Arosa

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• aah_stone's Profile Photo

A good deal

I chose this hotel because of its location and the fact it was very cheap, around £24 per person per night.

The hotel itself was adequate but I am not sure I would like to stay for more than a few nights because the rooms were quite small. Having said that, the room was very comfortable and had a spacious bathroom with a great shower. We also had a small balcony overlooking Salud.

The breakfast (coninental buffet with cooked options) was very nice and was a great way to start the day.

Unique Quality: We enjooyed our blackout curtains, which were very useful in confusing us when it was time to get up and enjoy the city.

The small 3-4 person triangular lift was an amusing feature :)

Barman was friendly and gave us plenty of crisps and peanuts with our drinks.

Bell boy was very effective at flagging down a friendly taxi driver when heading back to the airport.

• SLK's Profile Photo

Well situated.

We stayed here for a short city break. The room was clean but a little dark as it was decorated in a deep blue but everything else was fine.

Because it is close to the main road you may get a room either facing the road or the side street where it has it's entrance, you are likely to get some car noise but nothing too distracting. We had the air conditioning on low and that sound soon covered any minor outside noise.

Lifts were a funny shape and not too big but hey, the bellboy will bring your luggage and you're only going up and down to your room.

Receptions, doormen, all helpfull.

Call in adavance to arrange a transfer bus for 12 Euros. A taxi will cost about 17E. Alternatively you can use the well organised and cheap Metro.

Unique Quality: This is very situated just off the Gran Via and less than 5 minutes walk from Puerto del Sol.

Not 100% on the exact prices as I booked a flight/hotel package.

Close to the Metro.

Directions: Just off the Gran Via.

• XenosUK's Profile Photo

Good Hotel at a Good Price

The entrance to the hotel is tiny and you could almost miss it if you weren't careful. This is because the main reception is above ground level, so you have to go up a flight of stairs, or in the lift to get there. Don't let this put you off - the Arosa is a great little hotel for the price.

It's situated on the corner of Gran Via and Salud and our room overlooked the Salud side, with a little balcony to step out onto, so was fairly quiet. But we found the location great for shopping and eating on Gran Via and it was only a few minutes walk to Puerto del Sol, so handy for getting around the city.

There's a pleasant bar and restaurant, where a buffet breakfast is served, but breakfast wasn't included in the rate we got, so we just walked around the corner each morning for breakfast at a local coffee shop - cheaper and much more enjoyable.

The hotel is officially rated as 4 star, which I think may be a bit on the generous side, but for the price, it's an excellent buy and I would certainly recommend it.

Unique Quality: The most unique feature of the hotel is one of the lifts. It's kind of triangular in shape and if there are more than 2 of you with luggage, you'll have to go up in relays!

Directions: Corner of Salud and Gran Via near Plaza del Carmen

More about Best Western Arosa

A good hotel in a central location

by TripAdvisor Member lambretta72

I stayed here in a triple room (good size, with plenty of windows) in early November and found the hotel to be well located. For the price, you get much more than you would expect from an hotel in a capital city. Staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast had a fairly good choice. However, be aware that Gran Via does have a few "ladies of the night" touting their wares - it's not too near the hotel, though.

Terrible service!!

by TripAdvisor Member RDPUK

This hotel lists ADSL connection among available room facilities and this was the main reason I had booked to stay. However on arrival I was told the hotel only offers one wireless hotspot in a public area. When i informed the reception staff that I could not take the room, they were extremely rude and even denied that the information on the website was incorrect! To make things even worse they even charged my credit card for one night (I have contacted my bank to dispute the charge). My advice is to steer clear of this hotel if customer service and good manners are important to you!

Best price, best location

by TripAdvisor Member pean

There is no problem here, this hotel is very centrally located, the staff are efficient, the rooms are nice, clean and the bathroom is perfect. We paid 96 Euro including breakfast and tax (that is for 2 persons!) booked through Bestwestern.
We had room 304, which even had a balcony. The aircondion worked fine and so did the in-room safe (free).
Yes the reception is on the second floor, and yes one of the elevators are rather funny, but who cares?
The breakfast is ok (when included in the price, 14 euro is a bit overpriced). Scrambled and boiled eggs, cheese, salami, ham and so on.
We would definetely stay here again, it is a real bargain.
I admit the attitude in the reception could be better, but anyway, they are quite efficient.
For a tapas go to Gambrinus nearby the hotel or to the Zahara at Gran Via also nearby.

Great location, good price!!

Stayed in the Hotel Arosa last weekend for three nights (Fri, Sat & Sun) and I really can’t understand the negative comments about the hotel. For the price and location this is an excellent choice (if you manage to get an ‘Early Web Special’ deal from the Best Western website then jump at it).

Yes the lifts are a pain in the backside (especially the way they stop at the 2nd floor each time!), but so what? Exactly how much time are you looking to spend in a lift on a weekend in Madrid? The reception is on the 2nd floor, but again, so what??

We were given a room on the third floor and its size and fittings were all brand new. However, I had requested a non-smoking room in my booking and was given a smoking room (that’s why I deducted a *). However, there was not a whiff of smoke in the room and we didn’t even take them up on their offer to change the following day. The street noise was loud though and constant through the night, but we had brought earplugs to combat this – I strongly recommend that you do the same. This is just Madrid though; they seem to love driving around at 4am beeping their horns!!

We got a taxi to and from the airport - €25 inc. tip. In Dublin the same trip would have cost triple that.

Recommendation – we found a jazz bar called the Central Café on Plaza Angel (just southeast of Sol) and enjoyed 2 wonderful nights there. If you’re lucky enough there might be someone playing during your trip and it’s well worth stopping by!!

Not much sleep at the Arosa

by TripAdvisor Member Simmos

Stayed at the Arosa in Feb 06 and didn't get much sleep as it is in a very busy part of the city which seemed to get noisier the later into the night it became with shouting revellers in the street and many, many police and ambulance sirens! The hotel is unusual in that the reception is on the 2nd floor accessed by two lifts, one of which is the tiniest lift I have ever been in! The overall ambience is very smart and fresh and clean but our room was quite small with very little storage space and no mirrors in the bedroom, only in the smart, but again very small, bathroom. The breakfast buffet was very good except for the usual awful bacon you get in these sorts of places i.e. streaky, fatty, part burnt/part uncooked! The bar closes at 11.30. Staff were very helpful and polite. The good point about it is that it is very central and within walking distance
for loads of amenities.

Great location,Ideal base

by TripAdvisor Member MARTINMAC

I stayed at the Arosa for three nights in early january.I found the hotel to be very centrally located and an ideal base from which to explore the delights of Madrid.The hotel itself ,i found to be well up to standard,comfortabe and clean with helpful friendly staff.The breakfast room was on the first floor overlooking the Gran Via. Breakfast was your typical continental style buffet which was more than adequate for me.I live and work here in Ireland in the hotel industry and that is why when i travel ,which is quite alot i love to compare other hotels in different cities with that of our own here at home.I found the need to write this review simply because i enjoyed my short stay at the Arosa and if i were to revisit Madrid then i would most certainly stay there again.

Fantastic, central and clean

Please, ignore anyone who writes about a dirty, grotty or any other unkind thing about this hotel - its fab!!!
My boyfriend booked me this hotel as a Xmas treat for my birthday and I was really looking forward to going until I went onto this site, the reviews on this site really clouded my views before we had even got there. I even planned on taking my own bed linen as someone had said it is dirty. My parents run at 4+ diamond guest house in york, so I know what to expect from hotels etc.
This hotel was nothing but clean!!!!!
Ok the staff could appear rude, if you are so ignorant to not understand that the Spanish are not like the brits or Americans (its their way, enjoy it!!!)
The comment about not sleeping really got my goat too, you are on Londons equivient to Oxford Street - of course its going to be noisy!!! You are in the heart and soul of Madrid - what do you expect - the double glased windows cut out loads of the noise though so its nothing to worry about - just don't sleep with the windows open!!!
We got the metro from the airport to the hotel really easy to do and only 1 euro!!! Get off at Gran Via - its a few steps from the metro station.
Madrid is the best city, and this hotel is a credit to it!!!

Best Western Arosa, Madrid

by RAGAZZO.IT

I will spend 5 nights in the hotel Best Western Arosa, Salud ,21 Gran Via, but still have time to cancel my booking....... How is the area, safe? And what about the hotel, anyone who stayed there?
Thank you so much.

by Maurizioago

La Gran Via è una delle arterie principali di Madrid. E' una via alquanto lunga. Lì non siamo nei bassifondi.

Io ho alloggiato per una settimana all'Hotel Asturias. Mi sono trovato piuttosto bene. L'indirizzo di questo hotel lo strovi sulla mia pagina di Madrid.

Ciao!

Buona Vacanza.

by jochumi

Hi,

you can compare "La Gran Via" where the hotel is located with "Broadway" in NY. It means there are many theaters and cinemas, restaurants and clubs. It is usually crowded, noisy but it is in the center of the city. I like it very much! It is safe if you follow the basic recommendations for any tourist.
Enjoy it!

by SLK

Don't know when you are going but I stayed here the last week in August and felt quite secure.
It's well placed for the metro and main sites.

I will tell you one of the streets near there IS a place where prostitutes hang round, don't let that put you off. I didn't feel threatened walking there at night and there are several other main streets leading to the Gran Via from Sol. Plus there seems to be police everywhere.

There is always one or two doormen outside. It was clean and tidy nothing too flash, the rooms have air conditioning, the bar was airy and very pleasent and I would be happy to go back.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions just ask.

Re: Re: Best Western Arosa, Madrid

by RAGAZZO.IT

Thank you so much, I'm just back from Madrid and loved it, the hotel Arosa was perfect for location and services.
Bye