Best Western Hotel Carlos V

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• scpinmd's Profile Photo

Great Little Hotel in Madrid

While my friends and I were in Madrid in October 2005 we stayed at the Best Western Carlos V. We shared a triple room which was very clean. The beds were comfortable; the bathroom was spotless and the towels nice and fluffy.

The hotel staff was very nice to us. The only thing we "needed" were additional towels (of course!!), which were given to us without any problems.

Unique Quality: The hotel is small - only 67 rooms. The elevator is very, very small! We found it to be cute. The breakfast was free and quite good. It consisted of lunchmeats, cheeses, some kind of potato thing (which we liked) and some other fare I've since forgotten about. Some pastries and cookies, too. My one friend LOVED the coffee. But she loved it everywhere in Spain. I believe she said it was the best EVER.

Directions: Located in the pedestrian area of Madrid's touristic and historical center, between Gran Via and Puerta del Sol

• nhcram's Profile Photo

Very Convenient for city centre

I came here with my son in March and stayed for 4days. Staff very helpful and the waiter encouraged both of us to speak Spanish at breakfast time.

Unique Quality: We were lucky enough to get a top floor room which had a balcony. Unfortunately there was not much of a view!!
    Good breakfast.

Directions: In the middle of the shopping area near the Puerto del Sol

More about Best Western Hotel Carlos V

Great hotel, great location and a nice refuge.

by TripAdvisor Member parrybike

We found this hotel on Trip Advisor and reserved it through the Best Western web site. The hotel is well located near Plaza Mayor and Puerto del Sol on a pedestrian street. Only the lobby is on the ground floor and the entrance is well guarded by the clerk. The sumptuous lounge/bar/breakfast room is on the first floor (one flight up) and the rooms above that. We luckily had one of the five or so rooms on the top 5th floor that had a walk out large balcony with chairs and table. The room glassdoor/windows were set back ten feet from the front wall so it was VERY quiet even in such a busy all-night city like Madrid. The room furniture was older and and a little worn but the lounge bar was wonderful and the service was great.

Great Location and Value

by TripAdvisor Member ioWAndy

I echo the reviews of Trip Advisor. After doing quite a bit of research for affordable, clean and safe hotels, my friends and I chose the Carlos V Hotel. The hotel was clean, modern and in a wonderful location in Central Madrid. Being a first time visitor to the city, it gave us a great base for tourist attractions during the day, and great access to restaurants and bars at night. The hotel was quiet, the housekeeping service was wonderful and all in all we couldn't have been more thrilled with our room. We booked several months in advance and had a great deal on our triple room. Not much of a view or "luxury" amenities, but compared to the other three star hotels in the area, we're confident we got the most for our money. Without hesitation, if you're looking for a reasonable room and comfortable accommodations, you will enjoy the Carlos V.

Great Little Hotel

We have just returned from a long weekend in Madrid where we stayed at the Hotel Carlos V. The hotel is well positioned in the centre of the tourist area, being just off the Puerta Del Sol, and it is in easy walking distance of all the main attractions. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms basic but have everything you need and bathroom very well appointed. Lovely bar/breakfast room.

A nice hotel

We booked a double room well in advance at the best western website and got a very good offer. We also found that the price of the room rose by about 10% if we booked at a later time.
The website states that there is a shuttle bus running from the airport everyhour to the hotel at 6 euros per person. When we arrived at the shuttle bus station, there was a man asking us for 7 euros one way to the hotel. At first, we thought that the price in the website might not be up-to-date. So we took the bus. After we arrived at the hotel, we asked the clerk at the reception for the price. He said that it should be 6 euros! So, be aware if you're also taking this shuttle to the best western hotels in madrid. But, anyway, this transfer service is a convenient means, otherwise, you may need to change at least 2 times in the metro to go from the airport to the hotel.
The hotel room was not too small but not too large. The toilet was clean but the TV is tiny. However, there were many English channels. Our room was facing the pedestrian zone, so there was some noise from outside even at 3 a.m., especially on Fridays and Saturdays.
The hotel is centrally located. It is in between two metro stations, Callao and Sol. You may reach the museums by taking the metro. The Puerta del Sol and Plaza Mayor are within walking distance. I would recommend the famour restaurant, Botin, which is near the Plaza Mayor. Make sure that you book the seats as it is always full.
The breakfast is a continental one which is just enough. The only thing that we may suggest the hotel to improve is the variety of food available in its breakfast.
On the whole, we agreed that our money is worth spent in this hotel.

Loved it

I am not the person who usually writes reviews, but we liked the place so much that I have decided to add my opinion also.
Great location. Exceptionally nice staff. If we wanted to go to see the show or on tour to a different place, the best would be chosen for us, and the only thing we had to do was to show up at the arranged time downstairs. Great breakfast. Very clean and comfortable room. I would definitely consider this hotel for myself or anybody who I know in the future.
And by the way, I found this place on this webside based on multiple positive reviews. Appreciated.

Great Central Hotel

Stayed here for three nights and thought it was a terrific hotel. Right in the pedestrian area of the City, especially good if you like Shopping.
All the staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was excellent, with a very good choice of food. The added bonus was that it was served until 11.00am which is great if you've been sampling the Nitelife of Madrid!!!

great location

The Carlos V is in a fantastic location, and provides great value for miney. The night clubs at the bottom of the street, all of 300m from front door are fantastic, and bounce all night. A metro is just round the corner, the staff are friendly, breakfast ample and the beer cold.

Highly recomended stay

by TripAdvisor Member nickc

My Wife and I (at the time to become fiance) stayed in this wonderful hotel in the centre of Madrid just a minute away from the Puerta de la Sol thoroughfare (translation....door to the sun). You cannot find a better location really, bus and metro routes are a minute away and within 30 mins walking distance is all the cultural venues, i.e the Royal Palace, all the art galleries, theatre's and museums as well as what I percieved as the shopping heart of the city. Sited on a "popular" noisy pedestrianised street (AC is provided but we had no need in February as it was snowing) I can imagine this as being the best option for those who are not that bothered about getting eight hours sleep per night, but when your in a vibrant city like this then sleep is an optional extra. There is the El Corte Ingles department store a matter of yards down the road which has a handy and very reasonably priced supermarket in the basement also a good number of bars and coffee shops nearby for sudden urges of sustinance. The breakfast is outstanding and the service is the best I have witnessed in Spain. We also managed to pay a visit to the Bernabeau to see Becks, Figo, Zidane and co beat Celto Vigo 4-1 via a touts ticket bought outside the stadium on the day (a tip...take the tout and the ticket he is selling you to the ticket office and they will verify it for you, unofficially of course!) It was a great experience. Incidentally if you are vegetarian the hotel staff advised me of a great veggie reasturant just round the corner from the hotel, I cannot remember its name but it is just north east of the hotel, five minutes walk. My Wife would kill me for not knowing the name as this was where I proposed to her on her birthday (28 February) but after midnight so being a leap year, slight chliche!. Overall if you find yourself staying in this highly underatted city you cannot go wrong here.

Glorieta del Emperador Carlos V (Madrid, Spain)Glorieta del Emperador Carlos V (Madrid, Spain)

Museo del Prado, Emperor Carlos V, Madrid 12/03Museo del Prado, Emperor Carlos V, Madrid 12/03

hotels in madrid

by helen2001

Hi

Am travelling to Madrid with girlfriends may 12th for 3 nights and need to book a hotel. Anyone suggest good hotel in central and safe location. Does anyone know what the best western carlos v is like? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Mnay thanks.

Re: hotels in madrid

by rexvaughan

We found the Hotel Europa an excellent place. It is just off the Puerta del Sol, is a very lovely little place, the staff is very helpful and it is reasonably priced. I think you can get a double or triple room for around 100 euros. You can see it and get more info at:
www.hoteleuropa.es

Have a great trip. Madrid is a wonderful city.

Re: hotels in madrid

by balihai69

try www.solmelia.es. they have very good lastminute offers in hotels ranging 3* to 5*, many of them in the very center of the city

Comments