Catalonia Las Cortes Hotel

Catalonia Las Cortes
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 40% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Catalonia Las Cortes Hotel

Catalonia Las Cortes -- Fantastico!

by TripAdvisor Member BowieTraveler

This was one of the nicest hotel rooms we have ever enjoyed. The bedroom was huge (roughly 26 x 16 feet!) and beautifully appointed, and the bathroom was elegantly trimmed in green marble. The staff was very helpful, and the location was perfect -- just steps from numerous great restaurants and bars. And, at 167 euros, it was a fantadtic bargain as well. A terrific place.

perfect hotel, perfect location in Madrid

by TripAdvisor Member lovetoshopandtravel

What a perfect spot in Madrid; the room was beautiful; fresh paint, draperies and bedspread (a beautiful taupe color). A wonderful buffet breakfast was included in our booking and it was a good thing since our day was filled with things to do and see, steps away. You are close to Santa Ana square and all major sites in Madrid.

The staff was not only delightful, but helpful with directions, dining, and even shopping. Maybe you can spend more $$$ in Madrid, but why when the Catalonia Las Cortes is waiting for you!

p.s yes, the bed is firm, but during 10 days in Spain and Portugal all were very firm.

terrific three days

by TripAdvisor Member Carrie51

Having just returned from three hectic but very enjoyable days in Madrid; sampled the foof, watched the dancing, listened to and clapped along with the musicians, visited most of the breath taking fountains and spent a day up in the mountains in the towns of Avila and Sejovia. Enjoyed every second and can certainly recommend staying at the Catalonia Las Cortes; scruptiously clean everywhere, terrific room, welcoming staff, brilliant breakfasts. We would certainly recommend this hotel to all ages. Situated within easy access of many sites and close to Metro. Our first taste of Spain but definitely not our last. Thank you Expedia and staff at Las Cortes. The Zawodniaks

Very Nice!!

by TripAdvisor Member Maedog

We stayed at Las Cortes June 5th & 6th. The room was very clean and beautifully decorated. The front desk staff was always very helpful and polite. The hotel is in walking distance of Museum Del Prado, the train station and various tourist sites. We did not eat breakfast here since it seemed a bit pricey. But I would stay here again!

Great Location - Wonderful people - Best Bathroom

by TripAdvisor Member ggtirevite

This hotel is wonderfully located in Plaza de Santa Anna, which is a big square with lots of restaurants w/outside seating, tapas bars and cervezerias. It is a 5 minute walk to Plaza Mayor and the Prada Museum. Best location in Madrid.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. When I asked for a power coneverter for my laptop, the receptionist couldn't find one right away, and offered to bring me his own power adapter fro his mac at home! But he didn't give up and found a converter 5 minutes later. That's service!

The room was small, but we had a king sized bed, and a great bathroom with a large separate shower (there was a nice bath).

I will now recomend this hotel to any of my friends who tell me they are going to Madrid, specially for the first time.

Great Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Hermes2007

A terrific value! The room was very well appointed and quiet, the bathrooms spacious and luxurious (both a bath and two-person shower in Room 309), free wi-fi in the room, steps from Plza Santa Ana and other nightlife, as well as a great location for seeing Madrid's famous museums! For a hotel of such a relatively small size, there is a suprising number of tastefully-restored interior spaces (check out the stairwells). A near-perfect stay.

A few tips:
1) I was only able to book a room with two double beds via the online hotels reservation website I used. When I checked in, I asked for a room with a single queen bed for me and my wife, which they had.

2) I asked for a second room key so that I could keep the AC on (you need to have the key in a slot by the door for this to work), so that I could come back to a cool room after a day walking around the city. A small detail, but worth asking for if you are visiting in the summer.

Catalonia did not dissapoint

by TripAdvisor Member doctorrod

This is indeed a very nice little hotel in the center of Madrid with excellent location, nice rooms,very good included breakfast, nice bar area with great drinks and overall good value for your money.
I would go without hesitation. If you go, you should try the little cuban restaurant across the street,Tocororo.It is very good. Try for starters the tostones rellenos con picadillo and croquetas; then go for la vaca frita con arroz blanco y frijoles negros or la ropa vieja.Enjoy.

Enjoyed our stay here.

by TripAdvisor Member N.Davies

Stayed here in July which is one of the hottest months for a visit to Madrid. It was gloriously sunny everyday and very hot.

Had a fantastic deal with Expedia, which could not be bettered by other travel agents etc.

The hotel has a good location on the edge of the Old Town and the Bourbon area of the city.

The major museums - Prado and Thyssen are very close and within close walking distance.

In the evening the area around the hotel comes alive and there is a wide choice of good places to eat and drink. Having said that the hotel is quiet and just far enough away from the Plaza de Santa Ana.

The hotel is a good 4 star. The room was quite well appointed with a good sized bathroom. The breakfast was included in our room rate and was very good. The staff at the hotel were pleasant and helpful.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Madrid and would probably return myself on another trip to the city.

As Good As It Gets

by TripAdvisor Member Max_Grilse

This is the sort of hotel we usually walk past enviously on our way to some lower standard accommodation. Everything from the impressive reception area with helpful staff to the immaculate rooms is from the top drawer. Our first floor room opened onto the narrow lane behind the hotel but we weren't disturbed and enjoyed a very restful night on the satisfyingly firm and enormous bed.
Breakfast was among the best we've had at a hotel with plenty of choice and the perfect start to a day exploring the nearby Prado and Thyssen-Bornemisza galleries.

Comments