Gravina 4, 2nd Floor, Madrid, Comunidad de Madrid

More about Chueca Pension

Plaza Mayor MadridPlaza Mayor Madrid

Chinchon.Chinchon.

Plaza MayorPlaza Mayor

El Quijote (España)El Quijote (España)

Chueca pension

by malka12

We will come to Madrid at may, 17 and stay for a week. WE'll like to know if Chueca region (the gay region) is safe and to stay and move on, and if someone know about Chueca Pension. We are a lesbian couple not young, so thanks for reply

by Animas

I was there 3 years ago ... inside pension's nice with wood floor but I didnt have a chance to stay there because they wanted a new credit card while I was on trip (even my credit card was accepted but I didnt know why they wanted another credit card) I went there and found out no room for me but they were very helpful and found the other pension for me.
Please reconfirm your booking...just in case.
Have a nice trip.

by SirRichard

Hi,
Barbieri International Hostel (http://www.barbierihostel.com) is located in Chueca and has good reports from travellers, though I have never been there personally. It is in c/ Barbieri, 15 (Chueca Metro).

by malka12

Gracias, Sir Richard for your reply. We are looking for a pension or hostel ,but we are not so young, I think the barbieri is not for us. We asking about the chueca region, if it's safe for walking around, and at nights.
Thanks again.

by Belsaita

I can't tell you about accommodation, but when I was living in Madrid I went to Chueca quite frequently, at any time of day or night and I always felt safe, even walking alone at night. Well, be aware of pickpockets as anywhere in the city center, but that's all. It's not only the gay area, yes there are gay and lesbian clubs, but as well many nice shops, restaurants and bars for all kind of people. And it's walking distance to some attractions and others are easy to reach by metro

By the way, one of my fav restaurants there was "La Bardemcilla" (a must of you're a fan of Javier Bardem, but in any case the "huevos rotos" and other dishes are delicious). The only "con" of this area is that has become too trendy to my taste

by marriednmadrid

Hi ladies
I would say that chueca is really safe to walk around in as in probably 90% of Madrid.
My boy Friend and I walk around there and other areas and see many women walking alone and with people late at night.
As far as pensions,There are lots of hostels all over Madrid and including chueca.
You will probably run into many young people in those places ,however before I moved here (2 months ago) I stayed in one that had a few older couples (40s-50's) as well.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Travel Tips for Madrid

Do you want to read Madrid Newspapers?

by Redang

Here is the list of the most important newspapers based in Madrid:

General Information (in alphabeticall order):

* La Gaceta de los Negocios: www.negocios.com/gaceta

Free Delivery (in alphabetical order):
* 20 Minutos Madrid: www.20minutos.es
* ADN: www.diarioadn.com
* Gol: www.diariogol.es (sports and weekly)
* Metro Directo: www.metrodirecto.com (not any longer, at least for now)
* Qué! Madrid: www.quemadrid.com

* Ibl News: www.iblnews.com
* Libertad Digital: www.libertaddigital.com
* Periodista Digital: www.periodistadigital.com

In English and free delivery (in alphabetical order):
* The Broadsheet: www.tbs.com.es (monthly)
* European Vibe: www.europeanvibe.com (monthly)
* InMadrid: www.in-madrid.com (monthly)
* InSpain Magazine: www.inspain.org (different laguages) (other Spanish cities too) (monthly)
* Welcome to Madrid (Spanish and English)

Samana Santa

by ger4444

Samana Santa (holy week) is celebrated in april, the week before eastern, starting on monday. on thursdays they start with hughe processions in the evening. They carry the enormous havy statues of all the holy figures around the town. thousants of people watch it and the girls scream "guapa" (beauty) when the stautue of Maria arrives. bewteen the ones that carry the statues (some 30 men on bare feets) youth and eldermen walk with black clothing wearing black point coverage on their heads. The procession goes on till late midnight
on friday there are processions going on duruing the afternoon..

The Real Academia de Bellas Artes des San Fernando

by Paul2001

I would not list the Real Academia de Bellas Artes des San Fernando has a must see in your tour of Madrid but it is worth a quick visit.
The museum is for the most part devoted to the works by Spanish artist. Goya, Riberia and Zurbaran. There are two rooms in which foriegn artists like Rubens are represented. Overall the works are sort of hit or miss. There really are not that many strong pieces here but as I said there are enough to make a visit worth while. If you are in Madrid for just a short stay then it probably could be missed without a serious loss.
The musuem is c/Alcala 13 northeast of the Puerta del Sol. The museum was just a short walk from my hotel which was one of the reasons why I dropped in on it.

Tipping

by Carmela71

Tipping is not obligatory in Spain.

It is up to you, if you think you have been given a good service, do not hesitate.

The 10% average is only aproximate, in my case it depends how I feel after

The BEST club here in Madrid...

by Krystynn

The BEST club here in Madrid is definitely - JOY ESLAVA!

DON'T go in any earlier than 1AM.... It'd be pretty quiet. But at 5AM, this place really heats up! I couldn't stay that long (yawn!) and bade my buddies goodnight at 3 A.M. whilst I head back to my hotel. Oh, and please DRESS UP when you're heading to Joy's.

The next club you must check out is Arenal 11. I was told that this is one of Madrid's most fashionable disco playing mostly Spanish acid music (barcalao). Sounds like fun. No, I didn't manage to check this place out.... :-(( But I'll surely check this place out on my next visit to Madrid.

Comments