Florida Norte Hotel

Satisfaction Average

Costs 39% less but rated 21% lower than other 4 star hotels

• crmeers's Profile Photo

Madrid's Hotel

I stayed here my last 2 nights in Madrid. It is in a convenient location. Right by the Principe Pio Subway station that goes directly to Opera which is by Sol. It is directly across the street from the Principe Pio mall. That is a very large mall with lots of fairly reasonable prices.

There is a very nice continental breakfast in the morning. Not the best hotel in the world, but its allright.

• moacha's Profile Photo

The hotel near the Palace

This hotel is convenient for a king's palace and a city sightseeing.
    Equipment with a tolerable room is ready. The safety box can also be borrowed by charge.
    Although I cannot say that breakfast is rich, But buffet form for the time being, and the taste is not bad, either.
    Many restaurants and Bars stand in a row in this hotel side.
    It is a hotel of recommendation,
    if you want to make hotel price cheap.

Directions: Near the palace
    near Norte Station

More about Florida Norte Hotel

very accessible to public transportation

by TRAVELCHICK29 about Florida Norte

clean, good service. this picture shows balcony overlooking Palacio Real, the hotel is just across the street from the subway station, if you want to take a daytrip to Segovia, the bus station is just next door

VT Meeting Weekend - Living La Vida Loca in MADrid

by phred1910

"Friday, September 5, 2003"

Today is the start of a three week stretch where I will be almost constantly living out of a suitcase, and to be honest as much as I complain sometimes I wouldn't have it any other way. I wake up and head down to the local governmental office to try to obtain my drivers license. After dealing with the German bureaucracy, I move on to the Marketplatz in Schorndorf for some breakfast and to catch the s-bahn to the airport. Moving to Schorndorf has given me the advantage of being able to take a direct train to the airport, which is quite convenient. I stop at the bookstore and purchase a day old USA today for something to read. I settle into the train, put on my mp3 player and try to get my mind switched from German/US mentality to Spanish mentality. Once at the airport, I check in and head over for a beer prior to takeoff. I am taking a Swiss Air flight with a changeover in Zurich. Everything goes smoothly and I arrive in Madrid with no troubles. Once I retrieve my bag (I had to check it in Stuttgart due to the fact that I had forgotten to take my leatherman out when I repacked from my previous trip by train), I set off to find the subway. Once I find the subway it is quite an easy trip to my hotel, the Florida Norte. I check in to the hotel and relax for a short time. It is getting close to dinner time (at least my idea of it), so I decide to go out and take a walk and grab some dinner. It is getting dark, so I decide to stick close to the hotel tonight and leave the exploring for Saturday and Sunday. I am quite tired from a long week as well. I find a little sidewalk cafe and sit down and order a glass of wine. To eat I chose some tapas and a tortilla gambas, which I think is a shrimp tortilla. Language Lesson #1: tortilla is not the same in Mexican as it is in Spanish. In Spanish, it means omelette. So, to my surprise, I have an omelette for dinner. Once this is done, I go to a bakery and get a sweet for desert. After walking for another hour or so, I head back to the hotel and relax by reading a book until sleep comes.

"Saturday, September 6, 2003 - part 1"

"Saturday, September 6, 2003 - part 2"

"Saturday, September 6, 2003 - part 3"

"Sunday, September 7, 2003 - part 1"

"Sunday, September 7, 2003 - part 2"

"Sunday, September 7, 2003 - part 3"

"Monday, September 8, 2003"

Hotel Florida Norte

by chrishc

Does anybody know this hotel? Is it in a good safe area and is it close to the attractions.

Thanks

Chris

by Rubik

by Lorro

Area is fine, not really in the center but you could walk to things, by Principe Pio metro. Its only one metro stop to Opera so its still pretty convenient. It wouldnt be my first choice for that class of hotel but never stayed there so canĀ“t really say. There is a great old restaurant a few blocks away that you really shoud visit for roasted chicken and sidra. Casa Mingo.

by chrishc

Thanks for your help, my wife decided to book one right in the centre in the end.

Comments