Ford

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Madrid

Be he friend or foe?Be he friend or foe?

Drawing from the Prado postcard collectionDrawing from the Prado postcard collection

LARRY MARTIN BAND at Cafe CentralLARRY MARTIN BAND at Cafe Central

San Isidro's famous wellSan Isidro's famous well

Train Madrid - Barcelona

Hello: I've been trying to buy two tickets Madrid-Barcelona on RENFE website,
and I've been declined many times,is there any phone that I could call to see
what's happening.I'm in Lima Peru right now I wonder if tha's the reason they're
declining my purchase.Any tips are appreciated,thanks in advance.

by unaS

Buying RENFE tickets on line can be a real headache.

I finally succeeded after reading this:

Actually I printed the whole thing out even though it is 9 pages long, and followed it religiously. I had tried 5 times before I found this advice!

I did finally manage it and it was worth all the trouble considering the 60% discount on the Madrid-Barcelona trip, as well as a couple of others.

There are few other details on my Spain pages.

Good luck and have fun!

by marielexoteria

If the above advice doesn't work and you still need help, feel free to send me an e-mail. I've dealt with Renfe's customer service before and can help you out.

by jnogen

Hello: thank you all for your tips,we're ready to give up after many attempts
so I'm considering to fly Ryanair it's cheaper and will us the chance to visit
Girona-Barcelona where this airline flies,thanks again.Any suggestions.

by unaS

Sorry to hear that, but you have to do whatever is best for you.

by Miguelzgz

Renfe website sucks. After several tries, I tried with another visa and they acepted the second visa with no problem. Maybe you can do that? If you have a second visa off course. I have no idea why it was that way. They are both "spanish visas".

Good luck.

Barcelona, and Girona are very nice cities too.

by marielexoteria

There must be something really wrong going on, when the Spanish population in VT say the same thing "Renfe's website su-cks". Didn't Renfe do a trial test before launching their "new" thing?

by unaS

Mariel - everybody complains about the site. Even redang! It is the opposite with the trains themselves which are clean, comfortable and on time.

by Miguelzgz

I agree, trains are pretty o.k. I am not an expert, but the AVE(high-speed ones) are fantastic, and the other ones are o.k, punctual and clean and safe...

by marielexoteria

I know, I work with IT and we usually take into consideration the availability of a website before it launches. Something as simple as being able to buy a train ticket is considered very important. I think that Renfe is being ridiculous on that, losing overseas business. Una, I remember the ordeal you had with them last year. It's a shame.

I haven't taken the train in Spain yet but I'm looking forward to it.

by jnogen

I really appreciate all your suggestions and opinions,I hope to have better
luck with Ryanair.Thanks again.

by Aitana

Reading your experiences, I realize I must be the only person who never had a problem buying a train ticket on Renfe website. :)
Did you try calling them? The trains are really clean and reliable, and for me, the best way to move in medium-long distance in Spain.

Train Madrid - Barcelona

by MaheshSamtani

Another website where you can buy train tickets in Spain is Rumbo -
www.rumbo.es

Best regards
Mahesh

Travel Tips for Madrid

Go to Retiro Park on a Sunday...

by Linky_Pinky

Go to Retiro Park on a Sunday afternoon the world and his wife are there enjoying the sun, feeding the ducks, or playing and listening to the music. That post office is somthing else better than the houses of parliment in London. It was one of the first things I saw after getting of the bus from the airport, all lit up at night like an Italian wedding cake.Wow!

Visiting PALACIO REAL (Royal Palace) - Volume 2!

by Krystynn

Interested to see how the Bourbon Kings of Spain live?

Then head straight to the centrally located Palacio Real (Royal Palace). This is the palace where King Juan Carlos of Spain holds his state dinners. He and his consort do not live here anymore. They are currently staying in the more modest Zarzuela Palace - located along the outskirts of Madrid.

Stadium Tour - Real Madrid

by ALANinWORCS69

Estadio Santiago Bernabéu is the home to Real Madrid Football Club and it's one of the best Stadiums in the World.

Officially rated 5 Star by UEFA this 80,400 capacity stadium is well worth a visit... even if you're not going to be watching a match!

The cost of the tour is 15 Euros and includes access for panoramic views of the stadium and access into the changing room areas. It also has an official store inside where you can buy replica kit or pretty much anything else Adidas (strip sponsors) merchandise.

Tickets can be bought on the day; when I visted the ticket office being used was at Gate 7, directly opposite the Santiago Bernabéu Metro Station, although the tour actually started further around the stadium at a gate on Ave de Concha Espina.

Jardines de Aranjuez

by andal13

These beautiful gardens that surround the Royal Palace, inspired Joaquín Rodrigo to compose his "Concierto de Aranjuez".

Estos hermosos jardines que rodean al Palacio Real inspiraron al compositor Joaquín Rodrigo para crear su célebre "Concierto de Aranjuez".

Going Out

by Rocco_Tulsa

Nothing happens until late in Spain, especially nightlife. If you're going out for dinner and later to clubs, you don't want to start out any earlier than 10pm. By the time you get to the resturant and seated, it will be 11pm. Spanish service is famously slow. The thinking is, friends and family are the most important things in life, and one usually eats with friends and family. This time should be enjoyed and not rushed, like most Americans do. Dinner will conclude about 1pm which is ok, because teh clubs really don't get exciting until about 1:30am and will last until sunrise. Spaniards are very much into style. For guys, leave the jeans and tennis shoes (trainers for my British Ilse folks) at home. Women as always can come pretty much as they choose, sans the tennis shoes.

Comments