High Tech Petit Palace Art Gallery

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Rated 11% lower than similarly priced 4.5 star hotels

More about Madrid

Metro Sol station (Madrid)Metro Sol station (Madrid)

My foodMy food

taxis at Puerta del Soltaxis at Puerta del Sol

El Quijote (España)El Quijote (España)

Bullfight tickets

by TA7DS

Just booked a spurofthemoment stopover in Madrid. How can I secure bullfight tickets for the 17 or 18th of July. Faced a crushing disappointment on my last visit there 10 yeas ago. Bought ticket from a tout and then rained cancelled the show.

Gra'th'ias!

by TA7DS

Thanks Pedmar. I see dates for June and August but not July. I hope something goes on schedule. I found another site ticketstoros.com

Vale, muchas gracias...

by Susumarie

A question on top of this: the site shows a bull fight on Aug. 7, 0800 hour -- am I correct in assuming this means 8 in the morning? And does this site mean I could order those tickets online and they would come to me here? or I would pick them up there? My Spanish has become very weak, and do believe I need a dictionary to help translate (unless you can?)

by Susumarie

And one other thing I forgot -- where is Plaza de Toros de Pamplona? Is that part of Madrid/outskirts/easy to get to?

by TA7DS

Wow, I actually opened a thread useful to someone else too, lol

Seems like still nothing scheduled for my days in town. Thanks for posting VTers.

Travel Tips for Madrid

I arrived Madrid just 2 days...

by Pegasus74

I arrived Madrid just 2 days before the end of 2000 and was lucky I did not get stamped by the sea of partying crowds. On the eve, I thought war has been declared in Madrid; almost everywhere firecrackers exploded and police/ambulance sirens screeched throughout the night. There was no one-minute of silence. A visitor was unfortunate to be a gang of pickpocket's target; I believe many wallets or handbags were found missing that night.

Madrid's most famous square, Plaza Mayor, is surrounded by neo-classical buildings. This is the site of many historic events including marriages, executions and bullfights. Today it's a perfect place to enjoy a drink and at the same time watch the world go by while sitting at one of the many pavement cafes. During my visit, night markets filled the square and hundreds of people gathered to welcome 2001 so that Madrid is livelier than it ever was. I vividly recalled those interesting and bright colored wigs on sale which were just so brilliant to prepare anyone for the party.

Calle Mayor is by the north side of the square where charming boutiques and cafes fill this street. Going east along this busy street, you will hit Plaza Puerta del Sol. This spot being the heartbeat of modern Madrid is almost always packed with people and suffocated by heavy traffic.

Enjoy some "tapas" and "cañas" with good friends

by BEBA_Y_BEBO

Everybody knows about Spanish customs i.e. the "siesta", etc. But best of all probably has to be to enjoy good time with good friends and share some "tapas" (appetizers) and "cañas" at the local pub. Just don't over do it, look at our faces! are we ready for the siesta now? :o)

De Viaje

by jorgejuansanchez

Excellent travel bookshop situated in the Salamanca district of Madrid, close to Plaza de la Hispanidad. It is the greatest library of its kind in Madrid.
They have hundreds of guides and travel literature books.
The staffs also speak English, German and French.
Every week there are conferences offered by Spanish travellers, and once a week there is a “tertulia”, or a kind of circle where the travel lovers of Madrid gather to asses and prepare new adventure journeys.
The library is at the same time a travel agency offering airline tickets and individual tours, and a shop selling items related with the travel, such as rucksacks, sleeping bags, water-bottles, compasses, boots for trekking, etc.
Calle Serrano 41

Gran Via

by draguza about Shopping Areas

This street, which leads towards the Sol Metro stop in the heart of Centro, offers a great many small and large shops for men, women, and specialty items. There are men's shops to suit almost any taste. A quick stroll through this area will reveal a wide variety of shops worth browsing through.

A small disco

by fairy_dust about Bar de Copas Masda Che

Someone on the street gave us coupons for "buy 2 drinks for 7,5 Euros" at a bar, so we decided to check it out. It was a small place, with loud Spanish pop music and a small dance floor. The bartender was friendly too. Anything goes.

Comments