Hostal Aresol

Hostal Aresol
Booking.com Hostelworld.com AMOMA.com

• oranje's Profile Photo

Hostal near Puerta del Sol

Recommended by a friend i stayed there for a week. It was a small single room with a very small bathroom inside. Very clean, very friendly people. I got a key, so i could leave any time i liked.
    If you are on a budget it is a very good choice (30 Euro, single room). The situation is perfect. Nearby Puerta del Sol in the center of Madrid.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Can't beat the location

I really enjoyed my stay at Hostal Aresol. It's an ideal location right in the middle of the city and literally a few steps from the main Metro station in the city with connections to many other lines. From here, you can walk to just about every major sight in the city.
    The proprietor Jorge is a nice guy who lives on site, but he doesn't speak English, so brush up on a few key phrases and you'll be fine. When you arrive, you'll push open the door and head up to the third floor, then ring the bell. If the door downstairs is locked, ring the hostel by pressing the button.

The only downside to this place is that it can be a little loud at night. My room faced the back side where the street was a little more quiet, but I could still hear the musicians entertaining people until late into the night. However, I only noticed this one night, when I went to my room early because I wasn't feeling well. The rest of the time I was out with the crowds. In Madrid, nobody sleeps anyways! As you can see from the second photo, I was there during the Christmas season so there were perhaps, more people outside than usual.

Unique Quality: My room was narrow, but nice. The shower was great and never ran out of hot water. There was a spacious closet with a safe inside (you had to put one Euro in the safe to use it), a small television, a mirror and small desk. The bed was comfortable and had a lightswitch right on the wall next to me while I was lying down that controls a reading light and the overhead light (a nice feature). And as you can see by the photo, there was a balcony.

My room was 30 Euros per night.

Directions: Metro Station: Sol
    Puerta del Sol

More about Hostal Aresol

Travel from Madrid to Seville

by tspraggi

Hola Mi Amigos del mundo!

Por favor tell me the easiest and least-expensive way to travel from Madrid to Seville, and please let me know that if my "very limited" Spanish should deter my visiting both cities. What are key bars/hotels in both cities I should accommodate?
Muchas gracias, my amigos,
Timoteo!

Re: Travel from Madrid to Seville

by Carmela71

The cheapest one is the bus, is around 5 hours, if I am not wrong, and buses in Spain are very confortable (at least the ones that communicate big cities).

Secorbus is the company that does that line and prices are normaly 25 or 30 euros return ticket.

Hope this helps.

Carmen

Re: Re: Travel from Madrid to Seville

by SirRichard

As Carmen says, bus is the cheapest.
There is a web you can look but is in spanish and it doesn't work very well anyway:
www.socibus.es

They have an info telephone too:
(34)902229292

Joaquin

Re: Re: Travel from Madrid to Seville

by Carmela71

LOL Joaquin, thats why I did not give the web to him....

The company is called Secorbus and they have lots of buses, so no worries for timetable, if there is more people, they often put another bus (well not used but the stand was close to the Marbella madrid one, and often you could see them at the same times that mine or stopping in the same bars on the way till Bailen)

Another web page, but also in spanish is www.movelia.es ....

Carmen

Re: Travel from Madrid to Seville

by oranje

Hola,
you've asked for hotels in both cities.
I have been in February in Madrid and stayed at the hostal Aresol. It was not expensive and o.k.
And it is perfectly situated in the heart of Madrid near the Puerta del Sol.
They have a website and i booked it there:
www.hostalaresol.com